GUILTY MO - Ireland, 2 & Goodknight Ribando, 7 weeks, found dead outside home, Kearney, July 2018 *arrest*

Why does it seem that different reports are stating differing details? Who is telling the real deal? I feel like I'm witnessing fake news. I'm not sure now what really is in the court documents (or whatever it is that us giving these twirled up accounts.). Right now, I'm not sure if dad left at ten after a fight, got bricked, got rammed, went to moms, or...did he get in a fight at 11:30 and THEN leave for cigarettes, or for moms house? But who called Cps at 11:00? When did husband go for smokes? When did he run into his girlfriend (alleged) and in the field at that, and how did Jenna know that? Wth is going on? Who's on first?

Why does it seem that different reports are stating differing details? Who is telling the real deal? I feel like I'm witnessing fake news. I'm not sure now what really is in the court documents (or whatever it is that us giving these twirled up accounts.). Right now, I'm not sure if dad left at ten after a fight, got bricked, got rammed, went to moms, or...did he get in a fight at 11:30 and THEN leave for cigarettes, or for moms house? But who called Cps at 11:00? When did husband go for smokes? When did he run into his girlfriend (alleged) and in the field at that, and how did Jenna know that? Wth is going on? Who's on first?

Exactly!

I don't understand how this is so convoluted.

jmo

Very fast response as well. Less than 12 hours and on a national holiday.

I agree it was a very fast response for CPS that's why I can't figure out what type of call was made, it must have been something they thought was fairly urgent but not urgent enough to go out that night? Odd, and that the investigator left when the car was running.

Does it say anywhere that the call to the CPS hotline was because of the brick and car situation? I mean it's possible that the call was made because of some other reason. If someone towed the vehicle to the house at 10 pm and then the call to CPS was made at 11pm, it's possible that whoever towed the vehicle is the one who called. Maybe they witnessed something that didn't sit right with them.

It's been a long time since I followed a case that was this messed up. I suspect it's partly really bad reporting, and partly that mom (and possibly dad too) has told way too many versions of the story that contradict. Super frustrating to try and follow this one.

It's been a long time since I followed a case that was this messed up. I suspect it's partly really bad reporting, and partly that mom (and possibly dad too) has told way too many versions of the story that contradict. Super frustrating to try and follow this one.
I agree with all of this, but I am particularly frustrated with reporters. They could improve their writing so at least it's clear where the suspect's/witnesses' stories fall apart and so it's clear what facts are firm. Reporting shouldn't leave the reader more confused after reading it! Sigh.

jmo

Does it say anywhere that the call to the CPS hotline was because of the brick and car situation? I mean it's possible that the call was made because of some other reason. If someone towed the vehicle to the house at 10 pm and then the call to CPS was made at 11pm, it's possible that whoever towed the vehicle is the one who called. Maybe they witnessed something that didn't sit right with them.

IS IT POSSIBLE she threw the brick, rammed his car and ran out of gas somewhere else besides their own home (such as his Mom's, the girlfriends, the field, etc.) and THEN it was towed home because it was empty? Of course, he stated the babies were in the house at the time when he left (at 11 or 11:30). She may have had some gas in the shed and retrieved a gas can and poured some gas in the car to follow her husband when he left for cigarettes (putting the babies back in the car).

From there (the CPS worker's visit, the running car, the open door and everything else that happened).. the truth is as muddled as the previous part of the evening, MOO.

Looking at her photos on FB, she is very attractive and I would imagine she was used to "getting her man." To have her man get away from her...well "hell hath no fury." But, fury and babies do not mix. Six to eight weeks seems an awful long time for autopsy findings to be returned, MOO.

I say all this to say, this is one of the most convoluted stories I've read about in a long time.

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. — There is now another agency looking into the deaths of two Clay County girls — Missouri's Office of Child Advocate.... The office serves as an independent watchdog overseeing protective services. If protective services had involvement with a child who dies, the ombudsman is required to conduct a review of the child's case."
Missouri Child Advocate looking into deaths of Clay County girls

IS IT POSSIBLE she threw the brick, rammed his car and ran out of gas somewhere else besides their own home (such as his Mom's, the girlfriends, the field, etc.) and THEN it was towed home because it was empty? Of course, he stated the babies were in the house at the time when he left (at 11 or 11:30). She may have had some gas in the shed and retrieved a gas can and poured some gas in the car to follow her husband when he left for cigarettes (putting the babies back in the car).

From there (the CPS worker's visit, the running car, the open door and everything else that happened).. the truth is as muddled as the previous part of the evening, MOO.

Looking at her photos on FB, she is very attractive and I would imagine she was used to "getting her man." To have her man get away from her...well "hell hath no fury." But, fury and babies do not mix. Six to eight weeks seems an awful long time for autopsy findings to be returned, MOO.

I say all this to say, this is one of the most convoluted stories I've read about in a long time.
That is for the tox screens. I think they are holding the autopsy results until they have everything they need to understand what actually happened.

On another note im quite surprised that nobody has brought up the fact that xanax and at least one other prescription (that im not familiar with) was found.
RSBM BBM
The other prescription that she was taking is called Sertraline (Zoloft), it is used to treat depression. I have taken it a couple of times before, but had to stop taking it due to the side effects. I am not giving this woman a pass for anything, but maybe she was suffering from postpartum depression or psychosis. I took anti-depressants for postpartum depression & never attempted or thought about harming my children no matter how little sleep I had! I linked the article below that had the medication names, it is close to the bottom of the article.

Court documents provide new details in death of two Kearney girls

Sertraline (By mouth) - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

RSBM BBM
The other prescription that she was taking is called Sertraline (Zoloft), it is used to treat depression. I have taken it a couple of times before, but had to stop taking it due to the side effects. I am not giving this woman a pass for anything, but maybe she was suffering from postpartum depression or psychosis. I took anti-depressants for postpartum depression & never attempted or thought about harming my children no matter how little sleep I had! I linked the article below that had the medication names, it is close to the bottom of the article.

Court documents provide new details in death of two Kearney girls

Sertraline (By mouth) - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

This doesn't have a sensible flow to it. It contradicts itself.

When asked about what happened, investigators say the mother said, “My husband left between 3-4 a.m. to get cigarettes and gas. He was in the field with some girl and never came back. I had the babies in the car because I didn’t want them to hear us argue. I dozed off for just a second. When I woke up I saw them and ran them to the neighbors.”

Court records do not reveal if investigators believe Boedecker-Ribando was intoxicated at the time. They did seize Sertraline and Alprazolam pills that can be used to treat depression, OCD, PTSD and anxiety and panic disorders.

Boedecker-Ribando told officers she was locked out of the home but later said she found her key but did not enter the home. When the children’s division worker arrived,l the morning of July 4th, he said the front door of the home was open with the screen door shut.

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. — There is now another agency looking into the deaths of two Clay County girls — Missouri's Office of Child Advocate.... The office serves as an independent watchdog overseeing protective services. If protective services had involvement with a child who dies, the ombudsman is required to conduct a review of the child's case."
I think they should look into why the investigator waited until morning to go. If it seemed important enough to rush it through in less than 12 hours, why not do it right away? I have no idea if he could have done anything to save them that morning, but I have no doubt he would have had the chance the night before. I'm not blaming him for their deaths, I believe that falls entirely on the mother's shoulders, but I am questioning how well he did his job. MOO

Holy smokes! That's all that's going through my mind right now! What other trouble has this family had??

This doesn't have a sensible flow to it. It contradicts itself.

When asked about what happened, investigators say the mother said, “My husband left between 3-4 a.m. to get cigarettes and gas. He was in the field with some girl and never came back. I had the babies in the car because I didn’t want them to hear us argue. I dozed off for just a second. When I woke up I saw them and ran them to the neighbors.”

Court records do not reveal if investigators believe Boedecker-Ribando was intoxicated at the time. They did seize Sertraline and Alprazolam pills that can be used to treat depression, OCD, PTSD and anxiety and panic disorders.

Boedecker-Ribando told officers she was locked out of the home but later said she found her key but did not enter the home. When the children’s division worker arrived,l the morning of July 4th, he said the front door of the home was open with the screen door shut.
I dont think a lot of it makes sense cause she was out of her freakin mind. Im sure a lot of us here wouldnt get kicked out of a public pool for taking our two babies there and then leaving them unattended for 25 minutes while we were in the pool restroom. What the heck would we be doin in there for 25 mins?? What would make us think that was ever ok? Even for a second?? Drugs. Thats just my opinion. I know some here have a completely different opinion but come on! Theres got to be a reason for this crazy behavior and I personally think the reason is right in front of us.

I dont think a lot of it makes sense cause she was out of her freakin mind. Im sure a lot of us here wouldnt get kicked out of a public pool for taking our two babies there and then leaving them unattended for 25 minutes while we were in the pool restroom. What the heck would we be doin in there for 25 mins?? What would make us think that was ever ok? Even for a second?? Drugs. Thats just my opinion. I know some here have a completely different opinion but come on! Theres got to be a reason for this crazy behavior and I personally think the reason is right in front of us.
I can't help but think drugs too. We know she was in a rage also. Put those two together and you just might get murdered children! Of course we don't know yet that they were murdered but it makes more sense than the story she's giving.

I think they should look into why the investigator waited until morning to go. If it seemed important enough to rush it through in less than 12 hours, why not do it right away? I have no idea if he could have done anything to save them that morning, but I have no doubt he would have had the chance the night before. I'm not blaming him for their deaths, I believe that falls entirely on the mother's shoulders, but I am questioning how well he did his job. MOO

Or maybe look at how the call was processed. The individual case worker may not have gotten the call assigned to him until the next morning.

Nothing in any of the timelines seem to match up to each other.

If a car runs out of gas, isn't the answer to put gas in to it? Why would anyone tow a car that needed gas as a fix?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back