General Questions, discussions, briefings, newbies, etc.

More a lurker than a contributor.

I am so confused alone that I'd like to be mentored in sleuthing. Guidance would be beneficial.

Thank you

Despite searching, I can’t find records for all of the unidentified males that have been recovered in the San Joaquin Valley, near Fresno CA.

I’ve been using NCMEC’s National Unidentified Remains Cases
Map and this ‘cluster’ of unidentified males aged between 14 to 25 years, caught my eye:

attachment.php

Source:http://ncmec.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=504833a14fcb42198d67a2c53fcbc96e

Of the eight cases on the map, only one has details entered into NCMEC, ie:

John ‘Kingsburg’ Doe 1986:

Date Found: 08/20/1986
Race: Hispanic
Estimated Age: 15-16 years
NCMEC #: 1184577
Link: http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/1184577
NamUs UP#: Not entered

and only one has details entered into NamUS, ie:

John ‘Corcoran’ Doe 1981:

Date Found: 01/05/1981
Estimated Age: 17-21 years
NCMEC #: 1184141
NamUs UP#: 1013
Link: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/1013

The other decedents are not entered into NamUs or listed on The Doe Network, and have no records available from NCMEC despite appearing on the map, ie:

John Doe 1978:

Date Found: 06/27/1978
Race: Unknown
Estimated Age: 16-20 years
NCMEC #: 1184551

John ‘Fresno City’ Doe 1980:

Date Found: 05/28/1980
Estimated Age: 17-25 years
NCMEC #: 1184599

John ‘Fresno’ Doe 1971:

Date Found: 07/05/1991
Race: White
Estimated Age: 16-21 years
NCMEC #: 1184559

John ‘Carruthers’ Doe 1985:

Date Found: 08/28/1985
Race: Unknown
Estimated Age: 16-20 years
NCMEC #: 1184550

John ‘Tulare’ Doe 1985:

Date Found: 09/02/1985
Race: White
NCMEC #: 1184489

John ‘Sanger’ Doe:

Date Found: 09/15/1987
Estimated Age: 15-20 years
NCMEC #: 1184508

Does anyone know where I can access their case reports online?

TIA.

Hello-- Unidentified persons threads are SO not my forte. Can anyone recommend the best place to post this link? Somewhat local, so it came up in my news feed today. I know that some of you are absolute rock stars with recalling specific missing person's cases (by state, etc) and I'm just hoping to get these pics under THOSE eyeballs. Thanks!! :0)
https://www.facebook.com/PAStatePolice/posts/1962288357369785

NON Facebook link----------
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/do_you_know_this_woman_her_rem.html

Hello-- Unidentified persons threads are SO not my forte. Can anyone recommend the best place to post this link? Somewhat local, so it came up in my news feed today. I know that some of you are absolute rock stars with recalling specific missing person's cases (by state, etc) and I'm just hoping to get these pics under THOSE eyeballs. Thanks!! :0)
https://www.facebook.com/PAStatePolice/posts/1962288357369785

NON Facebook link----------
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/do_you_know_this_woman_her_rem.html

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...18-40-in-Ridley-Creek-State-Park-Jan-16/page4

I have been looking in to how to do facial reconstructions and stuff but there is so much info on the process itself and so little "how to" information. I'm an artist with a biology background, and I start visually reconstructing halloween decorations when I see them (only half joking there).
Forensic reconstructions have fascinated me since I can remember, and given my interests and skills I think I might be okay at it... I just don't know where to start. And the closest community college is an hour drive and last I checked they don't offer any classes on it anyway so that's definitely a hindrance, since that seems like the most logical starting point. I thought about asking law enforcement, but my town is so remote that we don't have weekend cops! I might walk down there and see if the police chief would know, but I don't want to bug the only 2 cops on duty with weird questions, lol.

But anyhow, if anybody can possibly point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I'm 36 and finally figured out what I wanna be when I grow up... and I have no clue where to start.

Help on the new Namus site please - is it just me or is there no detail on DNA, fingerprints and dentals? I can't see it in the new layout. Thanks

Not quite sure where the best place to ask, but I recently stumbled across a Jane Doe in my state that is listed in the findagrave site, however she is not listed in NamUs. I've searched newspaper archives in hopes of finding a report of some sort to no avail. Where/who'm would be the best place to contact to see if I can dig up some information? The funeral home associated with the cemetery? I'd appreciate any insight.

I was trying to create a new thread, but the prefix part will not let me enter a country that's not already in the prefix list! H A L P

I have a question!

Is DNA always taken from unidentified remains and if so what year did they start doing this?

What I’m trying to determine is if the families dna has been entered into Namus and there was no matches, is it still possible that their missing loved one is a Jane Doe out there, or no it means the body is still undiscovered?

Thank you!

I have a question!

Is DNA always taken from unidentified remains and if so what year did they start doing this?

What I’m trying to determine is if the families dna has been entered into Namus and there was no matches, is it still possible that their missing loved one is a Jane Doe out there, or no it means the body is still undiscovered?

Thank you!

Even if law enforcement have DNA for an Unidentified deceased it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s been entered into Namus. Not all agencies are great at entering info.

I'm interested in trying to help identify Does but I have no idea where to start. There are so many missing and Does. I was looking at Does and seeing if I was drawn to any to look into, and then I thought actually maybe I'm doing it the wrong way round. Maybe the best way would be to research a missing person and try and match them to a Doe.

Which do you think is the best way? To start with the missing or start with the Doe?

Also another question is there a database of British Does anywhere? All in all I don't think there seem to be as many Does in the UK, as far as I know.. but there are a lot of missing so I wonder if there is a British Doe database.

I'm interested in trying to help identify Does but I have no idea where to start. There are so many missing and Does. I was looking at Does and seeing if I was drawn to any to look into, and then I thought actually maybe I'm doing it the wrong way round. Maybe the best way would be to research a missing person and try and match them to a Doe.

Which do you think is the best way? To start with the missing or start with the Doe?

Also another question is there a database of British Does anywhere? All in all I don't think there seem to be as many Does in the UK, as far as I know.. but there are a lot of missing so I wonder if there is a British Doe database.
I have pondered what is the best way to go about this too and I found it was easier to start with the missing person. That way you know that you definitely have someone who is a potential Doe. If you start with the Doe, there is far from any guarantee that they were ever listed as a missing person so you may be looking for a match that will never be there.

Of course, there are other ways to find potential matches to Does aside from missing persons registers (online forums of people looking for old high school friends they can't track down and so on) but it's not so straightforward.

Not sure about the British Does sorry.

I have pondered what is the best way to go about this too and I found it was easier to start with the missing person. That way you know that you definitely have someone who is a potential Doe. If you start with the Doe, there is far from any guarantee that they were ever listed as a missing person so you may be looking for a match that will never be there.

I did think about that actually, that's a good point. Looking through Does I found myself thinking that some of these people may not have even been reported missing, as sad and horrible as it is they may just not have had people that.. cared.. which is horrible but it's probable that this applies to some Does sadly.

I have a quick question and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice?
I have a John Doe I have been trying to identify that I learned about while searching the Los Angeles Coroner's unidentified index. I recently discovered a MP on NAMUS that seems like a possible match, however my doe isn't currently listed on NAMUS.
I have a feeling this is my Doe, but obviously I can't be sure. How should I go about getting this info to the right source?

I have a quick question and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice?
I have a John Doe I have been trying to identify that I learned about while searching the Los Angeles Coroner's unidentified index. I recently discovered a MP on NAMUS that seems like a possible match, however my doe isn't currently listed on NAMUS.
I have a feeling this is my Doe, but obviously I can't be sure. How should I go about getting this info to the right source?
There should be a contact name and number on the Namus site for the missing person. Contact that and give them all the information you have on your John Doe. Hope it’s a match!

Hi, I am totally new to this forum. Not very familiar with the process but want to learn. I wanted to help with cases in British Columbia, Canada but I just want to make sure I'm starting in the right place. I've searched the UID forum for "Canada" and am looking at individual threads. Is that the best way to do it or is there a separate thread for Canada or BC I should post this in? Any guidance or tips would be so appreciated, I feel lost.

Also jd is my name but I just realised it could be confused with Jane Doe. Should I make a new account with a new name?

Quick NamUs question what is the difference between date last seen and date reported? I'm looking into a case that says date last seen Nov.1, 2005 but under the contact agency their information says date reported as November 4, 2008. That is a big difference and would make a difference for my possible match I'm working on.

Quick NamUs question what is the difference between date last seen and date reported? I'm looking into a case that says date last seen Nov.1, 2005 but under the contact agency their information says date reported as November 4, 2008. That is a big difference and would make a difference for my possible match I'm working on.
Date last seen is the last time someone who knows them saw them. Date reported is when they made the missing persons report.

For example, someone may have last seen/talked to their daughter in 2004 and then when they reach out in 2006 and can’t get a hold of her and realize she’s missing, then they report. She could have gone missing anytime in between when she was last seen and when she was reported.

Date last seen is the last time someone who knows them saw them. Date reported is when they made the missing persons report.

For example, someone may have last seen/talked to their daughter in 2004 and then when they reach out in 2006 and can’t get a hold of her and realize she’s missing, then they report. She could have gone missing anytime in between when she was last seen and when she was reported.

Thank you that clears it up for me

I don't know where to ask this question so I will ask it here. When everything is estimates on NamUs how accurate do you find them to be? Like for height and pmi are they pretty much right on or just a little off usually?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back