Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have noticed the new DA has not chimed in on this as far as I know. Don't you think he should have had least said the tapes are an important part of the investigation and you can't have them?

When the new DA was PC and campaigning for DA we met at a political pit-stop. He said we should do lunch. I figured he was being polite. I ask him if he really wanted to do lunch and he took out his card and handed it to me. Why don't I call and set something up. Several calls went unanswered. That being said......I think he is doing a pretty good job as DA, and when he really realizes he is the DA he will only get better.

All I know is at least some of the people I have been writing about are now gone - courtesy of SINI. I hear another 10 investigators have been sent on their way or left knowing there was nothing there for them.

Scott Prudenti got his papers and so I guess he is in the full-time boat renting business. All he need to do is to actually take his customers out fishing because he has nothing else to sell. Peter Timmons is no longer an ADA. I hear he resigned after his wife Denise and her daughter were let go. Perini was the above two pal and at least he went down in flames when he ran for DA. Jim Burke is now in jail and the hope is the FEDS have a lot more in store for him. Tom Spota is up next with a trial scheduled for March, 2019.

The latest hearing regarding the motion to release Shannan Gilbert’s 23 minute 911 call, in the case of Estate of Shannon Gilbert vs. Charles Peter Hackett, was adjourned on August 21, 2018. It has been rescheduled for September 24, 2018. I will update this thread as new information becomes available.

I was told when Burke was facing his problems that Spota told him to keep quiet and keep a low profiles and it would be forgotten and would all go away. LOL

The latest hearing regarding the motion to release Shannan Gilbert’s 23 minute 911 call, in the case of Estate of Shannon Gilbert vs. Charles Peter Hackett, was adjourned on September 24, 2018. It has been rescheduled for October 16, 2018. Please note on attached photo the word “Notified” in the remarks. I will update this thread as new information becomes available.

Attachments

• 48AC8E88-BAFB-4A95-A2FC-329C419E944D.png
    48AC8E88-BAFB-4A95-A2FC-329C419E944D.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 22
The latest hearing regarding the motion to release Shannan Gilbert’s 23 minute 911 call, in the case of Estate of Shannon Gilbert vs. Charles Peter Hackett, was adjourned on September 24, 2018. It has been rescheduled for October 16, 2018. Please note on attached photo the word “Notified” in the remarks. I will update this thread as new information becomes available.

Thank you White Rabbit for the update. Frustrating to have the Judge adjourn the hearing for another month. It must be the fifth or sixth adjournment so far. Justice delayed is justice denied. It sure would be nice if Judge Berland would explain why he is scheduling hearings then adjourning them month after month.

Notified will be changed to adjourned in Oct after its adjourned again.
Wheres JR?
Why doesnt he hold a press conference on this matter?
I dont like the silence on his part.

Notified will be changed to adjourned in Oct after its adjourned again.
Wheres JR?
Why doesn't he hold a press conference on this matter?
I don't like the silence on his part.

Yes somebody should hold a press conference. Where is the local media, do they not find all the adjournments unusual as well?

The latest hearing regarding the motion to release Shannan Gilbert’s 23 minute 911 call, in the case of Estate of Shannon Gilbert vs. Charles Peter Hackett, was held on October 16, 2018. It has not been rescheduled. Please note on attached photo the word “Notified” in the remarks. I will update this thread as new information becomes available.

There was also a hearing today for a motion filed by the Plaintiff on October 11, 2018, in which the relief sought is Contempt of Court for the defendant, no decision has been made on this motion.

Attachments

• 084FC323-11A1-4309-A2E4-C4E31077BD4F.jpeg
    084FC323-11A1-4309-A2E4-C4E31077BD4F.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 4F6B96D3-6317-4DC1-877A-B5BC0E6CF608.jpeg
    4F6B96D3-6317-4DC1-877A-B5BC0E6CF608.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 41
Wow.
Cool. That's for Michael Pak.
John deposed him and Michael agreed, and then Michael was a no-show.
So John was in court to ask the Court for contempt of court.
The motion will be decided upon by Judge Berland.
It could take him months to decide this folks.

I told Michael not to run.
If the Judge agrees, that means that SCPD or NYPD
will arrest Michael and he will be deposed in his jail cell.

I LOVE THIS

Last edited:
There are always appeals - 1. Appellate Court 2. Court of Appeals. That can easily take another 2 years to resolve.

If I read the story correctly the are at least TWO separate tapes:1. The original call to SCPD that was re-routed to NYSP and then back to SCPD. I will have to assume SCPD is going to have a lot of fun with that with that. In any case I have to assume SCPD has both them.

MURDER OR ACCIDENT: HOW DID SHANNAN GILBERT DIE? (with clip)

Dec 18, 2011

"...On Dec. 6, 2011, a year-and-a-half after Shannan disappeared, they got their first big break.

"They found a pair of jeans, a pair of shoes, cellphone, a pocketbook with ID in the pocketbook belonging to Shannan Gilbert," Dormer told reporters at a press conference.

But still no Shannan. Investigators drained the wetlands. Then, on Dec. 13, the discovery so many had been hoping for... and yet dreading.

"We have this day, at approximately 9:14 a.m., located a set of skeletal remains," Dormer told reporters. "We believe at this time to belong to the missing Shannan Gilbert."

Shannan had never left Oak Beach after all:

2:00 a.m.: Shannan arrives at client Joe Brewer's house.

4:51 a.m.: Shannan makes that panicked call to 911

5:15 a.m.: Still on the call, she runs five houses down to neighbor Gus Colletti's door begging for help.

Around 5:30 a.m.: Shannan is spotted at Dr. Hackett's house. This is the area where her belongings were found. But her remains - were a quarter mile away-- and only 100 yards off of Ocean Parkway.

Asked if he believed Shannan Gilbert was murdered, Dormer told Moriarty," There's no evidence whatsoever to show that anyone was out to harm her that night..."

"She clearly was in fear for her life," noted Moriarty....

On Saturday, Dec. 17, the remains found at Oak Beach on Dec. 13, were positively identified as Shannan Gilbert. She was 23...."

Murder or accident: How did Shannan Gilbert die?

111217094354-shannan-gilbert-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MURDER OR ACCIDENT: HOW DID SHANNAN GILBERT DIE? (with clip)

Dec 18, 2011

"...On Dec. 6, 2011, a year-and-a-half after Shannan disappeared, they got their first big break.

"They found a pair of jeans, a pair of shoes, cellphone, a pocketbook with ID in the pocketbook belonging to Shannan Gilbert," Dormer told reporters at a press conference.

4:51 a.m.: Shannan makes that panicked call to 911

5:15 a.m.: Still on the call, she runs five houses down to neighbor Gus Colletti's door begging for help.

Murder or accident: How did Shannan Gilbert die?

111217094354-shannan-gilbert-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shannan Gilbert's 9-1-1 call ENDED at 5:14am.

You have stated wrong information in stating that at 5:15am
she was still on the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members