GUILTY IN - April Tinsley, 8, Fort Wayne, 1 April 1988 *Arrest*

That's the hope. There is a lot of work still to do AFTER it goes thru GEDMATCH, lots of genealogy research, family tree mapping, then they have to arrow down to a suspect, verify he's the right one, then directly collect his DNA to verify it's a match. But still, it's awesome to know that in a matter of weeks, or months, this case could be solved when it has gone unsolved for so long. Just imagine when April's monsterous rapist & killer is exposed! He thinks he's gotten away with it, now he will be unmasked!
Sooner than you thought!
Thank goodness.

Genealogy database linked DNA collected from the 2004 condoms discovered and linked to Tinsley's 1988 murder. Narrowed it down to 2 surviving brothers - J P M and John D. Miller the lone occupant of 13722 Main St. Lot # 4 Grabill, IN

Read here:

Suspect arrested, charged with murder of April Tinsley

I agree, Matou, he wanted to be caught.

In 2004, police were sent to three locations – the 1600 block of Benham Drive in Fort Wayne, Witmer and Roth roads in Grabill and the 12900 block of Indiana Street in Grabill – where they recovered a used condom at each location. Along with the condoms, police found notes saying the person who left the condoms had raped and killed Tinsley.

UPDATED: Grabill man arrested on murder, other charges in 30-year-old April Tinsley murder case | News, Sports, Jobs - News-Sentinel

The arrest warrant gives tons of info. He confessed and said every (disgusting) thing he did to her.
Probably became tired of working for a living and wanted free room, board, recreation, medical and dental. The ONLY thing that ever scares these monsters is their own mortality. No chance of the death penalty anymore. smh. MOO

Here he is the SOB

37160974_10103974059429842_5012793718575464448_n.jpg

Of course I’m sure this has been discussed- I’m only just starting to read about this case but I automatically get worried because I think of Delphi. With the little I read sounds like a totally different kind of case, perp, victim still it pops into my head.

This is *exactly* what I was thinking of as well. DNA will tell us if there is any connection. Thx to the verified LE upthread who provided extremely informative info on child predators.

Wonderful news. Will be very interesting to see how how this case unfolds, as regards whether he could have been caught quicker, and if other unknown victims may come forward, or there will be links to other cases (as with the Jacob Wetterling case).

I'm so glad that this DNA/genealogical route for cold cases is now possible. But I know a few people have been commenting that it is only a matter of time before the use of these large DNA databases is legally challenged. It just seems sometimes that as soon as something happens to help police, the victims and the families, some lawyer will come along and try and shut it off.

I get the point about DNA and privacy but what about the rights of victims and the future victims to be protected from horrific crimes like this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back