UK -Major incident declared - UK anti-terror police investigating possible nerve agent attack, 2018

I wonder if it was something like a perfume bottle that the perp could have used to spray Mr Skripal's door handle with the Novichok?
Bingo!
Novichok 'found in perfume bottle'
"Matthew Rowley said his brother Charlie, who is seriously ill in hospital, told him he had picked up the perfume bottle.

The Metropolitan Police, which is leading the investigation, refused to confirm the claim."

Previously the force has said only that it was found in a "small bottle"

Bingo!
"Matthew Rowley said his brother Charlie, who is seriously ill in hospital, told him he had picked up the perfume bottle.

The Metropolitan Police, which is leading the investigation, refused to confirm the claim."

Previously the force has said only that it was found in a "small bottle"

So then did she think it was perfume and sprayed it on herself? I guess she really had no chance then because she would have gotten a large dose.

What a bizarre theory about team of assassins using the flat as a safe house, to say the least.
The team of six assassins living in low income housing which isn't very close to the Srkpal's house that they could watch Skripals movement from there? And then leaving this bottle in the flat, which nobody had noticed for months?

Last edited:
Do you think it could be a copycat looking for attention?Im not sure how easy it is to get the poison they used but Im sure the investigation will say for sure which one was involved.It also could be someone who is trying to make the first poisoning look like it wasnt just directed at the father in daughter involved.Doubt then might be raised that it could be someone from the UK instead of being directed from Russia.LOL I think I should have read all the posts first.I m doing things a little backwards...Im new here...

Last edited:
Do you think it could be a copycat looking for attention?Im not sure how easy it is to get the poison they used but Im sure the investigation will say for sure which one was involved.It also could be someone who is trying to make the first poisoning look like it wasnt just directed at the father in daughter involved.Doubt then might be raised that it could be someone from the UK instead of being directed from Russia.
Well, it could very well be someone from the UK. UK never provided any evidence otherwise. But this poison wold have to have been made in a facility that knew what it was doing, it isn't very simple to make it and then not poison oneself as far as I can tell. So it would have to be a facility that had biosafety protections. You probably not going to be able to just make it in your kitchen and then live to tell about it.

Wow! The substance contained WITHIN the bottle is novichok! I didn't expect something to obvious as that - I figured it would an object that was smeared with the poison that the victims then touched. To think they came upon a bottle of poison....unreal.

Glad the source was found. Now there is some evidence to work with. Go to it, LE!

jmo

I am surprised too. I thought the same thing and kept thinking it would be found to be smeared on something rather than find a real bottle of the stuff. Wow.

This is good news for the public there. Less likely now for others to be contaminated. Still need to be careful though as they have not outruled there could be more out there.

Glad to hear of this development.

I am surprised too. I thought the same thing and kept thinking it would be found to be smeared on something rather than find a real bottle of the stuff. Wow.

This is good news for the public there. Less likely now for others to be contaminated. Still need to be careful though as they have not outruled there could be more out there.

Glad to hear of this development.
That's assuming the bottle was left over from Skripal's incident and whoever did it isn't preparing more.

Was just coming here to post this. Wasn't a perfume bottle mentioned in the Skripal case also?

Skripals poisoning: what we know so far

It was suspected to have been planted in her luggage - see link
If it were planted in her luggage, how in the world would have it ended up where it presumably did? This was a complete speculation, they also speculated poison was in the cereal, etc. Then they claimed somebody put it onto Skripals door knob, which is as far as I know is the latest theory.

That's assuming the bottle was left over from Skripal's incident and whoever did it isn't preparing more.

Yea I am assuming it is a left over bottle from the original poisoning.

Reports I have read seemed to indicate the recent couple would be the type to pickup things.

I would not be surprised if there are other bottles still laying around somewhere. I still think the spies that targeted the original couple probably followed them until they saw them collapse and I would not be surprised if they walked over to them to spray some more on them to make sure it did its job. Which could mean there were multiple bottles of the stuff and multiple spies involved.

Yea I am assuming it is a left over bottle from the original poisoning.

Reports I have read seemed to indicate the recent couple would be the type to pickup things.

I would not be surprised if there are other bottles still laying around somewhere. I still think the spies that targeted the original couple probably followed them until they saw them collapse and I would not be surprised if they walked over to them to spray some more on them to make sure it did its job. Which could mean there were multiple bottles of the stuff and multiple spies involved.
If the assassins made sure poison did its job one would think Skripals would have been dead. They are not dead. It is supposed to be a lethal poison. If somebody walked over to actually spray this lethal poison on them, how are they not dead?
So I really don't see that happening

One theory is that Mr Rowley, 45, and Ms Sturgess, 44, had been contaminated when they picked up the container after finding it hidden under a bush in a park in the centre of Salisbury on the afternoon of Friday 30 June.
Novichok poisoning: Nerve agent found in perfume bottle, says victim's brother

Novichok is a binary chemical weapon. It is so lethal that it must be transported in its inactive state and later mixed with a substance which activates it. Whoever mixed this binary toxin risked poisoning himself or herself every second after it was mixed. Why would the assassin transport this extremely lethal poison from Amesbury to Salisbury? It makes no sense for anyone, who isn't suicidal, to transport it from Amesbury to Salisbury.

It would be interesting if certain bottles of perfume are pulled from store shelves, and beyond ironic if it is this brand,
Poison Perfume: A Christian Dior Collection - Best Cologne For Men

imo.
Rbbm.
"BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw said the information about the bottle could be a significant clue for investigators trying to isolate the source of the nerve agent and identify who administered it.

"Where did it come from, where was it bought, is it something that is very rare, is it something that's unusual, is it something that was bought in a particular shop at a particular time?" he said.

"That could be absolutely vital for the investigation to find out who was responsible for the attack on the Skripals and also for the latest attack."

If the assassins made sure poison did its job one would think Skripals would have been dead. They are not dead. It is supposed to be a lethal poison. If somebody walked over to actually spray this lethal poison on them, how are they not dead?
So I really don't see that happening

Good point. You could be right that no more was put on them other than the doorknob or however they got it.

I guess I watched too many James Bond movies. LOL

If the assassins made sure poison did its job one would think Skripals would have been dead. They are not dead. It is supposed to be a lethal poison.
But again, they are not dead.
The purpose of using Novichok might be some other evil, illogical reason and not to kill Skripal. If an assassin wanted to make absolutely certain that Skripal would die, he or she would have shot Skripal twice in the head and not used Novichok which has an antidote (a long-acting form of atropine...2-PAM).

Suspected anthrax killer Bruce Ivins, who killed himself before prosecution, made it appear there was a killer who was angry at the media and the US Congress. In reality, he wasn’t mad at either. He was a narcissistic, attention- seeking psychopath who wanted to bolster the significance of his scientific research on anthrax.

I'm assuming that they didn't find a beautiful perfume bottle under a bush, but probably something really small, like a sample spray. Something that most people wouldn't have touched.

But what if a park landscaper had been tending to the bush and picked it up and put it in the garbage - would s/he have got contaminated or would it actually have to be sprayed to access the contents? Also, if it did get into the garbage, what would happen to it - would it get compressed, buried, come into contact with heat and explode nerve agent all over? I'm thinking that probably the container is specially made so that none of these things would happen, but I have no idea.

What made Charlie think it was a "perfume bottle". Did it have a fancy label on it, or was it just a plain vial/bottle? If it had a perfume label on it, it may have have been that way to get through customs. If it was just plain, then he may just have assumed wrongly that it was perfume.

I could be wrong, but I don't think we have a police statement on this, just that Charlie (who was supposed not to discuss the case) told his brother, who told the press it was a perfume bottle. I hope we get some verification, now that it's out there.

The purpose of using Novichok might be some other evil, illogical reason and not to kill Skripal. If an assassin wanted to make absolutely certain that Skripal would die, he or she would have shot Skripal twice in the head and not used Novichok which has an antidote (a long-acting form of atropine...2-PAM).

Suspected anthrax killer Bruce Ivins, who killed himself before prosecution, made it appear there was a killer who was angry at the media and the US Congress. In reality, he wasn’t mad at either. He was a narcissistic, attention- seeking psychopath who wanted to bolster the significance of his scientific research on anthrax.

But using a gun, would risk being caught, especially if the Skipals were usually out in public places, or at home where neighbours might hear gunshots and see the killers leave or describe their vehicle. They would also have to get a gun through customs or arrange with a contact in the UK.

I guess there are other more messy ways to kill, like stabbing or strangling, but if they wanted to kill both of the them, perhaps not as easy as just leaving some noxious substance somewhere and then taking off before anyone is aware of what is happening. It also spreads fear and uncertainty, which is what they want.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back