GUILTY AR - Elvia Fragstein, 71, abducted and murdered, Faulkner County, 7 Jul 2018 *teens arrested*

cybervampira

Reaction score
Body found ID'd as missing Arkansas woman; death being investigated as homicide

Conway, AR – A body found Wednesday July 11, 2018 along a rural Jefferson County Road has been identified as Elvia Fragstein of Faulkner County.

Fragstein’s husband reported her missing to the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Department July 7, 2018 after she didn’t return from a shopping trip. The Sheriff’s Department retraced her steps and discovered video of Fragstein leaving TJ Maxx in Conway around 3:30 pm the day she went missing. Shortly after, her 2013 Silver Honda CRV was seen on video driving through the parking lot on Elsinger Boulevard at a high rate of speed.

The Conway Police Department was contacted and joined the search for the missing woman. Further investigation turned up video of Fragstein’s vehicle behind the shopping center. At that point the incident turned to a possible abduction case.

Investigators with the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Department and the Conway Police Department learned that the body of a woman was found in Jefferson County the morning of July 11th. They reached out to authorities there to see if the cases were related. This morning (July 13, 2018) the medical examiner positively identified the body found in Jefferson County as Fragstein.

While this investigation is ongoing there is reason to believe that Fragestein was forcefully taken from Conway to the Jefferson County area and killed by individuals believed to be from Jefferson County.

The Faulkner County Sheriff’s Department, the Conway Police Department and the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office are working together to find out exactly what happened, why it happened and who is responsible for the death of Elvia Fragstein.

We are aware that people are alarmed by what has taken place. We ask that you always remain cautious and aware of of your surroundings at all times. In addition, Your Conway Police Department kicked off the summer Shop Secure program today. Officers will be dedicated to patrolling shopping areas from open to close.

Ms. Fragstein’s car has NOT been found. If you have information on this case please call one of the agencies listed.

Faulkner County Sheriff’s Department
501-450-4917

Conway Police Department
501-450-6120

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department
870-541-5496

upload_2018-7-14_0-36-59.jpegupload_2018-7-14_0-37-8.jpeg

Conway Police Department

Faulkner County Sheriff's Office

she was kidnapped in broad daylight outside of a TJ Max. 3:30 pm on a Saturday. She was kidnapped, murdered and dumped on the side of the road. Bump this thread please....hoping this case gains the spotlight it needs. My heart breaks

This is shocking: going shopping!!!!:eek:
So we stay indoors, with our knitting and pets, and go shopping in pairs or groups.
Hope the Creeps are found immediately and Elvia's family obtain justice.

I figured there’d be a massive discussion about this case on WS and I surprised and sad there’d only been 3 or so posts.

I wish there was a Facebook group to gather folks together and attract national attention. Maybe I am naive but I don’t feel like an elderly women is kidnapped outside of TJMaxx in broad daylight often. Maybe it just doesn’t happen around here often, does elsewhere but isn’t reported by the national media so I don’t hear about it.

Hopefully someone is paging Nancy Grace or Crime Time. I’m just scared.
  • I go there often.
  • She’s my mom’s age and drives the same car.
  • My mom is there ALL THE TIME.
  • Whoever did this clearly gives no effs and needs to be caught ASAP.
  • Broad daylight!!!!!!

Praying for her family and ask anyone on here to share o comment so this will get bumped up.

And no, I don’t know her or her family

Ps- can’t figure out how to edit my signature so it’s outdated

I figured there’d be a massive discussion about this case on WS and I surprised and sad there’d only been 3 or so posts.

I wish there was a Facebook group to gather folks together and attract national attention. Maybe I am naive but I don’t feel like an elderly women is kidnapped outside of TJMaxx in broad daylight often. Maybe it just doesn’t happen around here often, does elsewhere but isn’t reported by the national media so I don’t hear about it.

• I go there often.
  • Broad daylight!!!!!!

Praying for her family and ask anyone on here to share o comment so this will get bumped up.

Thanks for the local insight. It is really scary! I just don't know what else to say. They need to find the car.

• I go there often.
  • Broad daylight!!!!!!

Thanks for pointing out this thread: usually the threads in Located are the cases moved from Missing and catch already there the attention during search. Crime threads start rather elsewhere, e.g. in the Crime section and there i assume it would have the appropriate attention (@cv, just in case next time, you can directly start there). I will move it to the Crime in the News now.

PS: above right under WS title is your member name, if you hit once a small drop down opens and you can select signature

Authorities believe Fragstein was abducted by force outside the TJ Maxx store located at Conway Commons. Investigators said she checked out at 3:42 p.m. and walked out of the store. Surveillance cameras then captured her 2013 Honda CR-V speeding through the parking lot.
In the days Fragstein was missing, Wooster Mayor, Terry Robinson, said members of his community were left with a multitude of questions – many of which remain as the investigation continues.

“Her being from here, it's just tough,” Robinson said. “You don’t think about that. It makes you want to wake up and look over your shoulder.”

Shoppers at Conway Commons also remained on high alert Saturday. Conway police have added patrols in that parking lot and outside other shopping centers in the city.

Authorities said Fragstein’s Honda CR-V has not been located.
It has Arkansas license plate 453-TGO.
Anyone who spots the vehicle or has any other information on the case is asked to call police.
Still in shock: Wooster mayor responds to woman's murder

It looks like a driver's license photo to me. A lot of states don't let you smile for ID photos anymore and the result is almost everyone's looks like a mugshot. FWIW, I searched and did not find any arrest records for Elvia.
I tried to grab that comment back, sorry! My driver's license looks like a mug shot too! Thank so much. The timelines shows her in two different places on that day. Very attractive woman. Such a sad, sad story. It could be any one of us. Praying they find these culprits soon!

News video from a couple days ago:
A couple observations:
-She had been to Starbucks and Kroger before going to TJ Maax. Perhaps the perps took notice of her at one of the previous locations and followed her to TJ Maax?
-They think she was taken and killed by "people from Jefferson County".
Perhaps this means they have specific suspects in mind? Or is it an indication that where her body was dumped in Jefferson County is a location that only someone familiar with the area would know how to get to?
-The Sheriff assured the public that they were bringing extra security into their shopping areas and also reminding the public to be aware of their surroundings when out shopping. This is rare that police make this type of statement. If it was thought to be someone she knew they will usually say "there is no danger to the public" or something similar. So him saying those things leads me to believe they think she may have been targeted by strangers, not someone she knows.
Scary, scary, scary! MOO.

<snipping> Thank so much. The timelines shows her in two different places on that day. Very attractive woman. Such a sad, sad story. It could be any one of us. Praying they find these culprits soon!

I deleted so you can too. I agree, hope those responsible for Elvia's murder are behind bars and off the streets soon!

A couple observations:
-She had been to Starbucks and Kroger before going to TJ Maax. Perhaps the perps took notice of her at one of the previous locations and followed her to TJ Maax?
-They think she was taken and killed by "people from Jefferson County".
Perhaps this means they have specific suspects in mind? Or is it an indication that where her body was dumped in Jefferson County is a location that only someone familiar with the area would know how to get to?
-The Sheriff assured the public that they were bringing extra security into their shopping areas and also reminding the public to be aware of their surroundings when out shopping. This is rare that police make this type of statement. If it was thought to be someone she knew they will usually say "there is no danger to the public" or something similar. So him saying those things leads me to believe they think she may have been targeted by strangers, not someone she knows.
Scary, scary, scary! MOO.

I was born and raised in Jefferson county. People from that area travel to Little Rock and Conway to shop etc....and not vice versa. Her body being located south of Pine Bluff indicates the perp is likely from the area...because unless you've lived in PB or somewhere else in JeffCo, you're not driving over an hour away to dump a body.

Being from southeast Arkansas, I am continually embarrassed by the crime.

is there any way to edit the title of this thread to "abducted in TJ Maxx parking in broad daylight" or something else to that fact? hopefully they'll find her car...but it"s likely been stripped already. We need witnesses and a reward

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back