Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

I feel sad for them now. Of course they needed to be told that Saman died while working to rescue them. It must be devastating to learn this now. I hope they will not feel guilt over this tragedy. I imagine that especially coach Ek and the boy whose birthday they wanted to celebrate the day they entered the cave will have most difficulties with this news. Hope their hearts will heal in time.

(FTR, very, very disappointed and embarrassed as an American by EM's comment. There is NO EXCUSE for this comment. Going back to sanity break.)

Ugh. I've never even heard of him before this whole debacle. I typed a longer reply about EM but lost it and decided it's not worth the energy of re-typing. I'm going to focus on the boys and coach and all the positive people instead. ;)

Ugh. I've never even heard of him before this whole debacle. I typed a longer reply about EM but lost it and decided it's not worth the energy of re-typing. I'm going to focus on the boys and coach and all the positive people instead. ;)

(Great advice, G. I'm finding myself getting more and more infuriated by the moment the more I think about this comment. As usual, positive thoughts continue to be needed here. Are Zen, V, Spellz and Sun still around? This is what happens when I try to come back earlier than September. I think I need to go to a Monastery myself!)

All Musk did was respond to a reporter who asked for a response to an insulting and unflattering comment from someone Musk never met. I certainly don't believe it was a PR stunt. The pumping equipment failed not long after the last boy was evacuated. If that had happened earlier, Musk's submarine may well have been necessary to get the boys out.

(Great advice, G. I'm finding myself getting more and more infuriated by the moment the more I think about this comment. As usual, positive thoughts continue to be needed here. Are Zen, V, Spellz and Sun still around? This is what happens when I try to come back earlier than September. I think I need to go to a Monastery myself!)

Still here, Magz. Not feeling too well today, most likely related to the heat. But I'm following and concentrating on the positives of all this. Not wasting my energy on berating or getting upset today.

Still here, Magz. Not feeling too well today, most likely related to the heat. But I'm following and concentrating on the positives of all this. Not wasting my energy on berating or getting upset today.

(Feel better Spellz! Not going to waste my energy either. Thank you!)

I'm just now noticing that in the picture above of the boys paying respects to Saman, that there is a pen and some written messages.

Last edited:
All Musk did was respond to a reporter who asked for a response to an insulting and unflattering comment from someone Musk never met. I certainly don't believe it was a PR stunt. The pumping equipment failed not long after the last boy was evacuated. If that had happened earlier, Musk's submarine may well have been necessary to get the boys out.
So he accused someone he never met of being a pedo? Nice going there.

I hope the boys are watching the World Cup final. I’m sulking that England didn’t make it but seeing these boys out of the cave and getting stronger is better than winning IMO.
Same here Cagzy, and not only for myself - but wanted the Three Lions to win since some of the MooPa are England fans, too. ⚽️ Well, wait, actually, after their rescue I think now they are all England fans for life! :)

I view both as honorable men having ‘mouthy boy’ banter.

Elon Musk’s comment is abhorrent. But it was in direct response to the abhorrent comment by British diver Vern Unsworth.

Elon Musk’s efforts were noble IMO. His kid-sized submarine could, in the future, rescue someone in a perilous submerged misadventure. And for that, there will be much gratitude.

Unfortunately, the world was an audience to this inappropriate conversation. That conversation doesn’t define Musk or Unsworth.

Unsworth started it; Musk reacted:

Elon Musk can 'stick his submarine where it hurts', says Thai cave rescuer diver
A British diver who was instrumental in rescuing a schoolboy football team from a flooded cave in Thailand has told Elon Musk to “stick his submarine where it hurts”, describing the entrepreneur’s offer to help the mission with a miniature submersible a “PR stunt”.

Elon Musk calls British diver who helped rescue Thai schoolboys 'pedo guy' in Twitter outburst
In response to criticism from the diver, Mr Musk defended his invention through a series of tweets before adding: “Sorry pedo guy, you really did ask for it”

I'm just now noticing that in the picture above of the boys paying respects to Saman, that there is a pen and some written messages.
(sbm)
Hi Magzy!❤︎
The sketch was drawn by a cousin of one of the boys. The families all wrote messages on it, when the boys were still inside. I think now that they are out, the boys also probably wrote their own messages as well.
Not sure if they are going to keep it on a special altar to honour him, or if maybe they'll send it to his widow.

(sbm)
Hi Magzy!❤︎
The sketch was drawn by a cousin of one of the boys. The families all wrote messages on it, when the boys were still inside. I think now that they are out, the boys also probably wrote their own messages as well.
Not sure if they are going to keep it on a special altar to honour him, or if maybe they'll send it to his widow.
Oh this tugs at my heart. Thanks, V.

Awww.... thanks Magzy! ❤️ Wait -- I am the "V" to which you refer, right? :oops:
Yes, me too on the monastery, lol. Hey - come visit me in Japan - we can go together! Actually, there are some that have shorter stays, or mini-stays, even for foreigners; some in English, too... well initial instructions - otherwise no talking! :)

Last edited:
This man is complete scum.
(I was going to say above, in my first post re: this is that wow, KB might have really been onto something from the beginning! (my opinion at the time was whatever it takes to help, I had no probs w the guy etc).

But since I’m choosing to do what G and Spellz are doing, I refuse to let myself comment further! (Ssssh sit on hands)

(Going back to that happy place...)

No More Caves!

(sbm)
Hi Magzy!❤︎

I think it would be lovely if they'd send it to his widow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back