Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’ve mentioned this before on many threads back but here it goes again. I am a Recruiter in the construction industry and deal with these guys daily all over the US. The drugs are out there. A lot of the time they have connections on the site. I recently had a job where the foreman’s wife was selling meth, cocaine, pills and marijuana out of the tool room. Couldn’t make this up if I tried. I reported it and she was arrested. If someone is a user they’ll find it anywhere. Unless his job site was doing a hair follicle test or have an observer watch them do the UA there’s a good chance they’re using synthetic urine or some else’s urine. They tape the plastic bag (smaller but similar to what it looks like when you donate plasma) to their leg to keep it warm. There is a tube that runs from the bag. When they go in to use the restroom they put that in the specimen cup. I only have 1 client that uses an observer and guys claim all of the time “I didn’t feel comfortable with them watching.” Yeah right. Wasn’t born yesterday. IF there was/is drug use it’d be pretty easy to pass a Rapid 5 or 9 UA. Let’s keep it real - he tested soil. He wasn’t a structural welder, suspended 45’ in the air doing dangerous welds that could potentially blow up an ethanol plant working 7-12’s. He tested soil... Depending on the employer they might not drug test soil testers regularly. He might have done one pre employment and that is sufficient for them.

In regards to the day Lucas was found and JH “going back to work” I’ve never thought that he did go back. The timeline seems to be off for me. He got back rather quick like and was at a vigil with JO. My gut feeling is that he didn’t go back to work. I also don’t think an employer would release him under the circumstances especially when dealing with the death of a child. I personally think they released him due to the pending charges having to do with EG’s son or it was voluntary. I happen to think he was probably advised, if taking a plea deal, that he wouldn’t be able to leave the state so he said screw it. I’m not going back, sick of the drive any way I’ll find something closer to home and play the sympathy card to my family even though I haven’t been in much contact since the reports of child abuse last November and denied everything.

I’ve never trusted JH. I personally think he knew. EG more than likely spun a story that would make JH believe her. What has happened is tragic and the saddest messed up case of abuse, drugs, failed reports to CPS and ultimately the death of that sweet boy. I don’t think we’ll ever have answers which is tragic for JO and the family that loves him to pieces. I pray daily for them all.

I’m now going to crawl back under the rock that I came from. Haha. I know I don’t post often these days but I do view the thread daily.

I’m local - how does one file for a coroners inquest (I think that’s what it’s called)?
Great post! And yay! someone is going to file for a coroners inquest!

CDC - Kansas - Coroner/ME Laws - Publications by Type - Public Health Law

Kansas Enrolled Bill # 224

https://ag.ks.gov/docs/default-source/forms/coroner-report-form.pdf?sfvrsn=e45008fd_14
I think this is form that officials are suppose to fill out. I don't know. But here it is.

Frequently Asked Questions | Sedgwick County, Kansas
Autopsy reports, once completed, are public records under the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA). To receive a free copy of an autopsy report via email or a printed certified copy of an autopsy report, please contact the Clerk of District Court at (316) 660-5900. Records and information can also be obtained at rfscinfo@sedgwick.gov.

From the links above, it appears to me that a coroner investigates an unattended death, and then makes the determination of whether an autopsy is done. A coroner's request is the report of the coroner's investigation, and is not the autopsy report.

Kansas state statutes require that the County Coroner determine the cause and manner of all unattended deaths. Any death that is the sudden or unexpected or the result of a homicide, suicide or an accident triggers a coroner’s investigation. Other examples of cases requiring investigation are deaths of juveniles, deaths that occur in custody, any death that occurs within 24 hours of admission to a hospital or deaths in which identification of the body is not certain.

https://lawrenceks.org/fire-medical/csi/

22a-230. Same; inquest, when; jury; oath; subpoenas; arrest. (a) The coroner may hold an inquest upon the dead bodies of such persons whose deaths appear to have been caused by unlawful means when the circumstances relating to such deaths are unknown. The inquest shall be held in accordance with the provisions of this section. Except as provided in subsection (b), upon being notified of any such death occurring within the district, if an inquest is to be held, the coroner shall summon a jury of six residents of the county in which the death occurred, at a time and place named, for the purpose of inquiring into the cause of death. In any other case in which this act requires that the coroner be notified, the coroner may also summon six citizens of the county to appear at a time and place named.

(b) When the coroner has been notified of any death as provided in subsection (a), and the cause of such death occurred in a county other than the county in which the death occurred, the coroner of the county in which the cause of death occurred shall take the responsibility of summoning a jury as provided in subsection (a) for the purpose of inquiring into the death, if requested to do so by the coroner of the county in which the death occurred.

(c) If any juror fails to appear, the coroner shall summon the proper number from bystanders immediately, and proceed to impanel them and administer the following oath, in substance: "You do solemnly swear (or affirm) that you will diligently inquire and true presentment make, when, how and by what means the person whose body lies here dead came to death, according to your knowledge, and evidence given you. So help you God."

22a-230

(c) If, after investigation and an autopsy, the coroner determines that the death of a child includes any suspicious circumstance or unknown cause, as described in the protocol developed by the state review board under K.S.A. 22a-243, and amendments thereto, the coroner shall notify, within 30 days, the chairperson of the state review board and shall notify, within 24 hours, the county or district attorney of the county where the death of the child occurred.

22a-242

Last edited:
I know I’ve mentioned this before on many threads back but here it goes again. I am a Recruiter in the construction industry and deal with these guys daily all over the US. The drugs are out there. A lot of the time they have connections on the site. I recently had a job where the foreman’s wife was selling meth, cocaine, pills and marijuana out of the tool room. Couldn’t make this up if I tried. I reported it and she was arrested. If someone is a user they’ll find it anywhere. Unless his job site was doing a hair follicle test or have an observer watch them do the UA there’s a good chance they’re using synthetic urine or some else’s urine. They tape the plastic bag (smaller but similar to what it looks like when you donate plasma) to their leg to keep it warm. There is a tube that runs from the bag. When they go in to use the restroom they put that in the specimen cup. I only have 1 client that uses an observer and guys claim all of the time “I didn’t feel comfortable with them watching.” Yeah right. Wasn’t born yesterday. IF there was/is drug use it’d be pretty easy to pass a Rapid 5 or 9 UA. Let’s keep it real - he tested soil. He wasn’t a structural welder, suspended 45’ in the air doing dangerous welds that could potentially blow up an ethanol plant working 7-12’s. He tested soil... Depending on the employer they might not drug test soil testers regularly. He might have done one pre employment and that is sufficient for them.

In regards to the day Lucas was found and JH “going back to work” I’ve never thought that he did go back. The timeline seems to be off for me. He got back rather quick like and was at a vigil with JO. My gut feeling is that he didn’t go back to work. I also don’t think an employer would release him under the circumstances especially when dealing with the death of a child. I personally think they released him due to the pending charges having to do with EG’s son or it was voluntary. I happen to think he was probably advised, if taking a plea deal, that he wouldn’t be able to leave the state so he said screw it. I’m not going back, sick of the drive any way I’ll find something closer to home and play the sympathy card to my family even though I haven’t been in much contact since the reports of child abuse last November and denied everything.

I’ve never trusted JH. I personally think he knew. EG more than likely spun a story that would make JH believe her. What has happened is tragic and the saddest messed up case of abuse, drugs, failed reports to CPS and ultimately the death of that sweet boy. I don’t think we’ll ever have answers which is tragic for JO and the family that loves him to pieces. I pray daily for them all.

I’m now going to crawl back under the rock that I came from. Haha. I know I don’t post often these days but I do view the thread daily.

I’m local - how does one file for a coroners inquest (I think that’s what it’s called)?
Good post. I have followed along, also, but must have really missed something! I didn't know what exactly his job was. Thank you for clarifying that for me. Soil tester.

Plus, don't forget there is this, the old original "whizzinator" (fake anatomy for those urine tests which are personally witnessed/overseen).
(I'll pass on posting a photo but worth a Google search, moo.)

Last edited:
I don't know why I thought this, but I never believed JH would have returned all the way to work, 10 hours away. I think he just said he was going there.
My understand is that he got there and 45min later got the call and had to tell boss he was leaving. That’s such easily verified inform that I don’t see it as being a lie.
That said, I find it bizarre that he would go to work in the first place as well. JMO

JH had no way of knowing Lucas would be found so soon. Yes he knew the private investigator was in town, yes he knew the investigator would be looking for Lucas, however, look how many weeks police and the community had been looking for Lucas! I don't agree with many things JH has said, or done. But I can understand living pay check to pay check, and worried that if you don't get back to work, you'll be fired, or won't have any money for the bills. And some people would rather be at work than dealing with stress at home. I know people that have gone to work the day after a parent died. Me? Nope, I couldn't function. But some do.
This is very true. When my dad passed (I’m a daddy’s girl and we shared a birthday), I literally couldn’t bear to have the freedom to let my mind wander. I went back to work very quickly to the disdain of many, but it was so emotionally painful that I craved the busy work, the escape from reality of the moment. When my sobbing died in pregnancy, I couldn’t so much as bother to shower some days, much less functionally drive. It really just depends on situation, I don’t blame him if he grieves differently than I do, but I can’t help but believe that many of his thought patterns/behaviors set off bells with me of guilt no matter how I’ve tried to ignore them!

CDC - Kansas - Coroner/ME Laws - Publications by Type - Public Health Law

Kansas Enrolled Bill # 224

https://ag.ks.gov/docs/default-source/forms/coroner-report-form.pdf?sfvrsn=e45008fd_14
I think this is form that officials are suppose to fill out. I don't know. But here it is.

Frequently Asked Questions | Sedgwick County, Kansas
Autopsy reports, once completed, are public records under the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA). To receive a free copy of an autopsy report via email or a printed certified copy of an autopsy report, please contact the Clerk of District Court at (316) 660-5900. Records and information can also be obtained at rfscinfo@sedgwick.gov.

From the links above, it appears to me that a coroner investigates an unattended death, and then makes the determination of whether an autopsy is done. A coroner's request is the report of the coroner's investigation, and is not the autopsy report.
https://lawrenceks.org/fire-medical/csi/

Just a reminder that it's HARVEY COUNTY that has jurisdiction over Lucas (whereas Emily autopsy was by Sedgwick County). KORA obviously applies statewide but I found Harvey County to be understaffed and under budget constraints. Thanks for all your efforts for justice for this beloved child.

IMO JH plead guilty for one reason only - if this went to trial people would of heard in detail about his treatment of EG boys as well as LH and MH, would of heard about his drug use, temper etc. He wants to paint a picture of a poor naive man who fell in love with a woman who was evil and he is just a victim. This is all my opinion.
Your post totally reflects my thoughts as well. Just wanted to add that he absolutely does not want any information to come out that he could possibly be culpable in Lucas's death. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson