Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

smh Why would he call him a 'pedo guy'? A bit of self restraint would have been better. :rolleyes: How childish of him. I think this will cost him a lot of good will.
It's not really a surprise. Someone who would exploit a situation like this for free publicity, is not a good person. At least now everybody can see his true colors.

It's not really a surprise. Someone who would exploit a situation like this for free publicity, is not a good person.
(Yeah KB, I have to give you credit for that one...I don’t know anything about the political aspects or motivations, but as for that comment, big thumbs down.)

FTR I do applaud him for trying, ego based or not. We needed any and all options/help at the time and the end result of a safe extraction was all that mattered, moo.

Oh, My! I don't see it that way at all. Musk was responding to a description of pedo style behavior:
“stick his submarine where it hurts”
Elon Musk can 'stick his submarine where it hurts', says Thai cave rescuer diver
I can see boys at a pub/bar bantering in this same manner.

So can I. The fact remains that if those caves had started filling with water, it would have been impossible to rescue them without Musk's sub. Evidently they decided the boys were unable to scubadive their way out because it was feared they would panic. So they knocked them out. Wow!

Aussie cave diver reveals Thai boys wouldn't have made it out alive without drugs
Aussie cave diver reveals Thai boys wouldn't have made it out alive without drugs

More about Vern Unsworth:

British caver Vern Unsworth, 63, who lives in Chiang Rai, was instrumental in linking up the Thai authorities with the British experts. "I was actually scheduled to go into the cave on June 24 anyway," Unsworth told CNN in an interview in Thailand."I got all my gear ready, and I was going in to do a solo trip just to see what the water levels were like. And I got called out at 2 o'clock Sunday morning, and I was there for the whole 17 days."

Unsworth's role in the rescue was also pivotal because of his intimate knowledge of the Tham Luang cave system, which he describes as his "second home" after spending the past six years exploring it.

It was Unsworth who initally pinpointed where he thought the Wild Boars team would be waiting. They were found 200 meters away from that point, which was "probably around about the best place they could have been," he said. The flooding of the cave could not have been predicted, he said, as the floodwater had come through three to four weeks earlier than last year. "These kids were just totally unlucky. Wrong place, wrong time," he said. "It happened very quick. You can't blame the coach, you can't blame the kids."

Thai cave rescue: British divers describe effort to free boys - CNN

Here's a good closeup of it, that kdg411 so kindly found for me (TY kdg❤︎) earlier, when I wanted to see it:

View attachment 138757

If you can zoom on it; right top corner, Adul's family wrote a message in nearly flawless English.❤️

The sketch is so well done! I'm really impressed. I hope it will be framed and hung somewhere in honor of Saman.

Wow just read article aboutthe Elon Musk debacle. Just wow. During rescue I thought he had good intentions, not anymore. I am pretty disgusted at his comments towards the UK diver. Apparently if you choose to live in Thaioand it's sus! What a moronic and horrible statement to make. He needs apologise to the diver and Thailand! His comments regarding the situation there show he has no idea of the true conditions. He thinks swimming was not necessary, has he not seen the rescue video which clearly shows the start of the journey out being one requiring a dive down into a passage? This has me irked this news and tbis guy,

Oh, My! I don't see it that way at all. Musk was responding to a description of pedo style behavior:
“stick his submarine where it hurts”
Elon Musk can 'stick his submarine where it hurts', says Thai cave rescuer diver
I can see boys at a pub/bar bantering in this same manner.

No it doesn't when you also see Elon comment about him living in Thailand as being sus. Thailand has some issues with child trafficking, it was very clear what Elon was saying/hinting at.

Someone posted yesterday "Watch Four Corners' full report, Out Of The Dark, including exclusive interviews with key rescuers tomorrow, 8.30pm on ABC TV and ABC iView." so I was checking right now, and I cannot find it. Can anyone else? It should be on in a few minutes but I don't see it.

Someone posted yesterday "Watch Four Corners' full report, Out Of The Dark, including exclusive interviews with key rescuers tomorrow, 8.30pm on ABC TV and ABC iView." so I was checking right now, and I cannot find it. Can anyone else? It should be on in a few minutes but I don't see it.

Perhaps they are substituting it for something on the schedule?

<modsnip: snipped quote that was removed>

the kid-size submarine (which could be used for a future rescue) is part of THIS entire event. I imagine the 12 boys and their coach will be told about Elon Musk's efforts, and that they will likely be sincerely grateful for his efforts. I think they may even compose a group THANK YOU to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
An honorable man who makes abhorrent comments? I think that is an oxymoron.

I think WHAT Elon Musk chose to say was in very bad taste. That’s not something I think you just call someone because you are angry.
With that said, I also think all the hate towards him from everywhere is just uncalled for. Not trying to be argumentative but I feel the need to ask....
1) would everyone feel this negative hatred for Elon Musk if the mini sub WAS used in the rescue?
2) why are the nasty comments made by the diver, to the media okay with everyone?

But the kid-size submarine (which could be used for a future rescue) is part of THIS entire event. I imagine the 12 boys and their coach will be told about Elon Musk's efforts, and that they will likely be sincerely grateful for his efforts. I think they may even compose a group THANK YOU to him.

ITA. All of the young men seem to be guided by the principle of "doing the right thing." And so is Musk.

I think WHAT Elon Musk chose to say was in very bad taste. That’s not something I think you just call someone because you are angry.
With that said, I also think all the hate towards him from everywhere is just uncalled for. Not trying to be argumentative but I feel the need to ask....
1) would everyone feel this negative hatred for Elon Musk if the mini sub WAS used in the rescue?
2) why are the nasty comments made by the diver, to the media okay with everyone?

You raise a good point. Musk went to the cave with the sub and Unsworth told the media Musk was asked to leave very quickly. I don't believe that is remotely true. iirc, Musk was in communication with the Thai officials. They asked him to continue the development and training of the Thai seals with the equipment so I'm not sure why the Brit decided throw shade at Musk in the first place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back