GUILTY AR - Elvia Fragstein, 71, abducted and murdered, Faulkner County, 7 Jul 2018 *teens arrested*

Thanks for pointing out this thread: usually the threads in Located are the cases moved from Missing and catch already there the attention during search. Crime threads start rather elsewhere, e.g. in the Crime section and there i assume it would have the appropriate attention (@cv, just in case next time, you can directly start there). I will move it to the Crime in the News now.

PS: above right under WS title is your member name, if you hit once a small drop down opens and you can select signature
Thank you!!! I was on my iPad last night and the drop down box wouldn't appear.

In the middle of the presser a reporter asks if the woman seen with Elvia in both photos at Starbucks and TJ Maax is the same woman and if she followed her. The LEO at first says yes, then when the reporter asks if the woman is a POI he backtracks and says, Oh he thought she was asking if both photos are Ms. Fragstein and he doesn't know what other woman the reporter is asking about. I'm trying to figure out which woman the reporter is asking about. I only see someone behind her in the one photo going through the revolving door (and I honestly can't tell if that is a man or a woman :confused:):
Fragstein%20at%20TJ%20Maxx%20July%207_1531490259726.JPG_48477256_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Fragstein%20in%20Conway%20Starbucks_1531490222636.JPG_48477255_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Elvia Fragstein Case Timeline

Are there other photos out there or am I missing another person in the Starbucks photo?

What was the motive here? I am thinking stupid drug addled perp. People rarely carry cash anymore or not much. Her car was five years old and not high end. Not dissing her car as I used to have a crv, and now a hrv. A busy area with lots of victim choices. Why her? Her age and maybe being alone? I will be more on guard during the day.

This case really disturbs me. I hope LE catches this person soon.

Faulkner County Sheriff's Office

more pictures here. Shows the lady at Starbucks

Thanks, so I see the one I saw before was a cropped photo of Elvia at Starbucks. Found another source with a sidebyside of the wider view:
ee3df1cb-7675-4008-a647-d5af21cac076_750x422.png

Police believe missing Wooster woman was forcefully taken, body found in Jefferson County

Hard to tell if it's the same person. The woman at Starbucks doesn't have glasses on. But even if it's the same woman that doesn't mean she was following Elvia. It's in the same shopping center, right? They might want to try to find this woman just to see if she noticed Elvia and/or saw anyone suspicious lurking around. JMO.

ETA: Posted this before seeing Gardenista's post above. I'm convinced now these are two different persons.

Last edited:
It looks like different shorts as well. Good thought on her being a possible witness.

Thanks, so I see the one I saw before was a cropped photo of Elvia at Starbucks. Found another source with a sidebyside of the wider view:
ee3df1cb-7675-4008-a647-d5af21cac076_750x422.png

Police believe missing Wooster woman was forcefully taken, body found in Jefferson County

Hard to tell if it's the same person. The woman at Starbucks doesn't have glasses on. But even if it's the same woman that doesn't mean she was following Elvia. It's in the same shopping center, right? They might want to try to find this woman just to see if she noticed Elvia and/or saw anyone suspicious lurking around. JMO.

ETA: Posted this before seeing Gardenista's post above. I'm convinced now these are two different persons.

Absolutely frightening.

Possibly a car-jacking and robbery? She maybe was an easier target because she was elderly. I see she is the lady wearing the striped shirt, she seems hunched over, possibly affected by osteoporosis.

Last edited:
Interesting that the above MSM links mention "individuals", not one person. Also, that they seem sure the perp(s) are from Jefferson County.

As to being afraid, yes, these things do happen in broad daylight, but one just needs to be aware of one's surroundings. Meet people's eyes, walk with confidence. Yell, shout, scream if you have to do so. From what I've read, perps. look for people who are unsure of themselves, texting on cell phones and otherwise oblivious to what's happening around them.

I was shopping for groceries one day, had the driver's side door open, and was doing something on the passenger side. A transient type stuck his head into the driver's side. As soon as I saw him, I started shouting and let out a string of unladylike comments :D. He got his butt out of there quickly! All in broad daylight, in a crowded parking lot.

Carry pepper spray, a stun gun or something else in your purse. I do.

I wonder if she had quite a bit of cash on her that caught someone's attention when she was paying for something. Has it been mentioned if she does tend to use cash rather than cards?
someone on the other social media platform said that she was a hair stylist and did her hair. Hair stylists may carry cash. I wonder if anyone had a drone in the area around the time?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back