UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigation Discovery has a show about a Darke County Ohio double murder. They were shot in their sleep with their grandson in the house unarmed. It is on at 8:00 pm in my area. The four year old walked a mile to a church and told them his grandparents were melting.

Investigation Discovery has a show about a Darke County Ohio double murder. They were shot in their sleep with their grandson in the house unarmed. It is on at 8:00 pm in my area. The four year old walked a mile to a church and told them his grandparents were melting.
I dvr’d this tonight. I’m interested to watch it tomorrow. IIRC, I remember reading about this case at one point over the years and the outcome was on track with what statistics say. Such a sad tragedy.

So is watched this, this morning. And I noticed a lot of similarities to this case.

Interesting - what do you make of the timing ?

I thought the date on the post was April 20? Did he just recently pin it to the top?

DeWine has primary behind him now.

I put the link there because the editorial was interesting in how it criticized him for not following up on a local corruption scheme

But the attorney general’s failure to bring charges against the mastermind of the Oakhill Renaissance Place criminal enterprise has made him ineligible for our consideration.

The Oakhill conspiracy epitomized the long history of public corruption in the Mahoning Valley. We strongly believe that DeWine, as the state’s chief law-enforcement officer, was in a position to strike a blow for honest government by going after an influential individual who corralled public officials into doing his bidding.

Indeed, it was DeWine’s prosecutorial staff that characterized shopping center developer Anthony M. Cafaro Sr. as the mastermind of the Oakhill criminal enterprise. They also called him Mr. Big and the puppet master in court documents.

Nonetheless, DeWine closed the case after securing convictions in 2016 of three participants: then Youngstown Mayor John A. McNally; former Mahoning County Auditor Michael Sciortino; and, Martin Yavorcik, a Youngstown lawyer who has since lost his license.

They were the puppets controlled by puppet master Cafaro.

Yet, DeWine told The Vindicator Editorial Board he did not have the evidence to support criminal charges against the businessman.

The Oakhill conspiracy was a case of a wealthy local developer who illegally blocked the county from moving some government offices away from property owned by the wealthy developer to another office building owned by the county. It would have saved taxpayers a lot of money.

UPDATED: OakHill case dismissed

"Prosecutor Muhek says he had to ask for the dismissal because the prosecution was unable to obtain two-thousand hours of tape recordings from the FBI, making it impossible to provide them to the defense attorneys as required by law under the rules of evidence. The FBI will neither confirm or deny the existence of the tapes and if the people recorded on the tapes include all or some of the defendants in the Oakhill case."

The developer has a notorious reputation for corrupting public officials and shady deals.

Police make arrest in April Tinsley case | Local | Journal Gazette

I wonder if this testing would help. If they found dna.

It seems likely they did find DNA, since at least 3 people were said to have submitted DNA samples to LE. The question is whether PCSO or BCI would be willing to submit any DNA collected from the killers to Parabon.

To get a better understanding of some of the factors influencing the investigation into these murders, it might be helpful to watch the Spike TV documentary about the missing women from Chillicothe & Scioto County

Amazon.com: Gone: The Forgotten Women of Ohio Season 1: Amazon Digital Services LLC

I was stupidly following a Facebook group about the Rhoden murders. I thought I'd see how bad that was knowing how bad the Topix threads were. One person posts, lets start a thread about things we know are true. Then someone posts, lets start a thread about rumors we think are probably true. That was enough. I dropped out again. A few talk like they want truthful things posted but it seems most don't care if it is opinion, rumor, or flat out lies, post it any way...

I was stupidly following a Facebook group about the Rhoden murders. I thought I'd see how bad that was knowing how bad the Topix threads were. One person posts, lets start a thread about things we know are true. Then someone posts, lets start a thread about rumors we think are probably true. That was enough. I dropped out again. A few talk like they want truthful things posted but it seems most don't care if it is opinion, rumor, or flat out lies, post it any way...
Thanks for sharing that Dudly. Clearly WS is a good place to stay put.

I looked at that page but found some posts so ridiculous and gave up. By the way, I understand that the web site you mentioned is closed down, the T web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500