Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

Ya Right, is she serious? My jaw was stuck on open, reading that accusation of the state 'courting news.'

She was the ultimate News Ho, cozying up to every one she could, doing 'exclusives, before, during and after the trial.

So true. LOL

Now she wants to bite the hands of the ones who fed her. LOL

Its not surprising how she tried to ruin JM career, more or less ruined N's career, and now she is trying to whiplash the media who she so sneakily used to try to sway unsuspecting public that knew nothing of this case.

She needed to be born with a neon sign on her forehead so people could run the other way. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $500.00. Just run! :)

Wow! A new thread. The first in about two years, I think.

O/T mostly...it's humbling that it took less time to mount & complete one of the most complex international rescue missions ever (saving EVERYONE!!!:) in that Thai cave) than for me to redo a single room in my house.

But....a few final touches & it'll be done, 2 weeks later, and just in time for my DS's return tonight. He'll be gone again in a few days. This time he'll be going to St. Johns College for a special one week summer session on "Justice versus Fairness" :))) designed for HS'ers, an opportunity for which he won a full scholarship (worth $1,250! Woot!!!), especially awesome since just 2 were allotted for his entire high school of about 1,000 kids.

His proud mom will get back to work on that appeals dissertation this weekend, after he (sigh & sobs) leaves AGAIN.

O/T mostly...it's humbling that it took less time to mount & complete one of the most complex international rescue missions ever (saving EVERYONE!!!:) in that Thai cave) than for me to redo a single room in my house.

But....a few final touches & it'll be done, 2 weeks later, and just in time for my DS's return tonight. He'll be gone again in a few days. This time he'll be going to St. Johns College for a special one week summer session on "Justice versus Fairness" :))) designed for HS'ers, an opportunity for which he won a full scholarship (worth $1,250! Woot!!!), especially awesome since just 2 were
allotted

for his entire high school of about 1,000 kids.

O/T
Congrats your sons achievements. He will get a valuable experience from it.

And congrats on getting the room done. Yipeee

O/T
Congrats your sons achievements. He will get a valuable experience from it.

And congrats on getting the room done. Yipeee

Thank you! On both counts. :) Doing the room top to bottom was really hard work for this old lady to do alone (DH has had trial, which means I've been a work widow), but every second spent will be worthwhile just to see that seconds-long look of total surprise on my DS's face when he opens the door to his new room. :)

One of the reasons I keep thinking she may have dumped sooner is the thought of having the evidence with her in the car and the need to get rid of it as soon as possible.

A couple of things have always niggled at me about the possibility that took all the incriminating stuff and disposed of it in the desert.

1. It's desert. in the middle of the desert anywhere near a road would have been hellish visible. Even on a remote road, in fact, the more remote, the more she would have stood out.

2. If buried the stuff, she'd have needed a shovel, and that ground is probably harder than heck. Plus, she'd have been persnickety about dirt and scorpions. Eeewww....

3. If built a fire, heck, that would be the smokiest fire imaginable. May as well send up smoke signals to a car full of passengers driving by. And, she'd have had to have the sense to remove the bullets from the gun unless she really wanted to shoot herself in the foot (wink, wink).

4. is a gal of bright white pants and layers of makeup. This is not someone who would deign to get grubby, especially if there were other alternatives.

5. The obvious option for was to leave the evidence in a variety of locations. Under conditions 1-4, this is not happening!

6. A facility with multiple dump spots, safe and inconspicuous, where a gun is normal, would be perfect. IMO. And the Last Stop has many different kinds of places to dump everything and drench the car, since it has an RV park.....

7. may, in fact, have been in somewhat of a fog during this drive (as she testified, but not for the reason she testified; but as always her lies are sutured to a reality). Adrenalin might have kept her there, as well as cruise control, focusing on her need to get to SLC ASAP, her BPD. She may, in fact, have only realized when it was almost too late, that she was about to go over Hoover Dam with all its hazards for a fleeing murderer transporting blood-stained garments and a bloody gun. The Last Stop might well have snapped her to attention, bright lights, burgers, and bullets to boot.

A couple of things have always niggled at me about the possibility that took all the incriminating stuff and disposed of it in the desert.

1. It's desert. in the middle of the desert anywhere near a road would have been hellish visible. Even on a remote road, in fact, the more remote, the more she would have stood out.

2. If buried the stuff, she'd have needed a shovel, and that ground is probably harder than heck. Plus, she'd have been persnickety about dirt and scorpions. Eeewww....

3. If built a fire, heck, that would be the smokiest fire imaginable. May as well send up smoke signals to a car full of passengers driving by. And, she'd have had to have the sense to remove the bullets from the gun unless she really wanted to shoot herself in the foot (wink, wink).

4. is a gal of bright white pants and layers of makeup. This is not someone who would deign to get grubby, especially if there were other alternatives.

5. The obvious option for was to leave the evidence in a variety of locations. Under conditions 1-4, this is not happening!

6. A facility with multiple dump spots, safe and inconspicuous, where a gun is normal, would be perfect. IMO. And the Last Stop has many different kinds of places to dump everything and drench the car, since it has an RV park.....

7. may, in fact, have been in somewhat of a fog during this drive (as she testified, but not for the reason she testified; but as always her lies are sutured to a reality). Adrenalin might have kept her there, as well as cruise control, focusing on her need to get to SLC ASAP, her BPD. She may, in fact, have only realized when it was almost too late, that she was about to go over Hoover Dam with all its hazards for a fleeing murderer transporting blood-stained garments and a bloody gun. The Last Stop might well have snapped her to attention, bright lights, burgers, and bullets to boot.
I gotta agree with you Rickshaw.

Also add to your list:

-The Last Stop is located about 50 miles north of Kingman. And that's what the cell phone records showed that she was 45 miles north of Kingman and 27 miles from the Nevada border.

- wanted to be seen in that place, so spent some time in there, calling Ryan, Leslie, Travis, and others. Matches her 1st lie: I got lost. Somehow I got on Interstate 40 in California, then backtracked to 93, slept somewhere, ended up at The Last Stop.

But....a few final touches & it'll be done, 2 weeks later, and just in time for my DS's return tonight. He'll be gone again in a few days. This time he'll be going to St. Johns College for a special one week summer session on "Justice versus Fairness" :))) designed for HS'ers, an opportunity for which he won a full scholarship (worth $1,250! Woot!!!), especially awesome since just 2 were allotted for his entire high school of about 1,000 kids.

His proud mom will get back to work on that appeals dissertation this weekend, after he (sigh & sobs) leaves AGAIN.

So how much does he love his room? :) You're such an awesome Mom, and your son is definitely a young man to be proud of, that scholarship sounds terrific!

#HopeFanGirl

I watched Nurmi on 'In Defense Of'. I totally believe the right verdict and sentence was reached.

I'm one of the very few who came to Nurmi's defense during the trial. Everyone of us is entitled to a FAIR trial and defense. It would be an absolute shame for Jodi to be granted a new trial due to ineffective counsel.

As far as the 'circus atmosphere' the appeal is supposedly claiming, it'll be interesting to see how that gets worded. I mean, really, the 'circus' was CREATED By Jodi. BTW... Why has no one ever (on the record) asked Jodi how many time Travis Alexander visited her? She always went to him.

I too watched Nurmi on “In Defense of” last night.
I didn’t realize she threw her defense team under the bus during one of the interviews post conviction in that blamed Travis’ character assasination on her defense team. I don’t know how I missed that, but it makes perfect sense as the blames everything on everyone else while shirking her responsibility.
What a lowlife, piece of pond scum person is.
I wonder why she hasn’t gone after Wilmott yet. certainly doesn’t have any female friends as we all know she used sex to get her way all the time. I would think Wilmott would be an easy target for .
Waiting for my laundry to dry yesterday I rewatched the trial (I think it was Day 25) when she was being cross examined by Juan. This day focused on the “linebacker” pose when Juan insisted she demonstrate what that pose entailed.
The way looked at the jury during her testimony was so spooky. She was turned toward them as she answered Juan (as well as when her defense questioned her), sometimes with her eyes half closed, pretending to be re-thinking the moment she shot him and attempting to be in a trance.
How fake she was on the stand! But when Juan asked her something she didn’t like, that “trance like” behavior disappeared in a second as the reverted back to her real self - manipulative, angry & her “smartest person in the room” persona. Juan focused on many things on that day of testimony- especially the fact that could have easily run down the hallway and out of Travis’ house when he attacked her (yeah,right). It was fascinating to observe trying to make up lies as she went along to counter Juan’s questioning.
I don’t know why people thought (think) she is so smart. Some actually think she was able to go head to head with Juan.
Also I don’t get why people say she is “beautiful”. She is not.
I am so happy the jury saw through her lies.
should never get out of prison. Ever. She is a danger to society.
Can you imagine the rage she had stabbing Travis so many times in such a short period of time? Why does anyone (her followers) think should be allowed out when chances are so high she would do something so heinous again?
How can her followers not see how dangerous she is?

I agree with this. Flores seemed masterful (a great lesson), and there's so much material...hours and hours of that stuff, all 's behavior, lying, etc., and Flores's body language, deliberate flipping of the photo pages (like he didn't know where the one he wanted was lmao), unflappability.... The only thing I wished Flores had done differently is plead with her less to tell him what happened. He was playing her game by pleading with her so much, IMO.
I re watched the interogation today. He was great but i do agree him asking her over and over feeding into her. At some crucial points he interrupted her. Also the fd put the media ideas into her head. All the your in control of how the public sees you. You can control the narrative.Is imo the reason for her jail interviews so early on.

You can control the narrative.Is imo the reason for her jail interviews so early on.

My absolute, hand-down FAVORITE two seconds of any interview she's given:

"No jury will convict me and you can mark my words on that. ... I am innocent."
HeavenlyNaiveCod-max-1mb.gif

Jodi Arias: 'No Jury Will Convict Me'

I can’t even finish reading the Appeal brief. I have tried but can’t get through it. I read the first 100 pages.
Verdict can be overturned from structural issues. One of which her (per her team) is the stun belt she had to wear daily. Give me a break! Again looking for special treatment. Doesn’t every dangerous defendant wear a stun belt? Why should she be special?
The prosecutor wanted the cameras on? How about the Freedom of Information Act? Should she have been exempt from the Constitutional rights of the rest of us? Again, special treatment.
Do any of you think the Appeal court will need until January 2019 to respond to her dribble?
I’d love to see her appeal denied was before then. And it will be denied.
Could any of her complaints or appeal issues affected the outcome of the trial? No, IMO. The facts of the case remain.
PCR? Will Sherri Stephens deny this? May be....Does anyone know how long that will take to file?
The appeal brief itself is so poorly written.
So....after reading all of it (which I did not) has anyone determined who it would have “put in danger” as to why she wanted it sealed?

“According to the appeal brief, Arias was on her way to Monterey, California, to kill herself when she was arrested. (At trial, the evidence suggested she was on her way to a camping trip with male friends.)” - to quote Michael Keifer from the Arizona Republic. Sure she was....why then did she not simply do it? She had a brand new 9mm, a bunch of knives and all those condoms.
Such a drama queen....What were the condoms for? To be used as a silencer?
Trouble is, again, what is the truth when it comes from the mouth? Spin the wheel, take a bet. Truth to the is about as fluid as the waves on the Monterey beach.

Last edited:
inmate's civil case against Nurmi stayed until criminal case resolved.
civil complaint stayed until Criminal Appeal case is resolved.

Stay of Proceedings
Because of the filings from different attorneys, it is unclear whether plaintiff is simply
seeking to seal the deposition, to stay the deposition, or to stay the whole civil action.
Nevertheless, because the court finds finality in the criminal proceedings is necessary to proceed
with the civil action, the court determines the civil action should be stayed until plaintiff’s
criminal appeal is final.
“No federal or state constitutional rule prohibits parallel civil and criminal proceedings.”
State v. Ott, 167 Ariz. 420, 428, 808 P.2d 305, 313 (App. 1990). “If parallel proceedings would
substantially prejudice the defendant's rights, however, the court should stay the civil
proceedings.” Id.
In deciding whether to grant a stay, the court should consider a number of
factors, including whether the civil and criminal proceedings involve the
same matter, whether resolution of the criminal case would “moot, clarify,
or otherwise affect various contentions in the civil case,” and whether the
possibility exists that a party might “exploit civil discovery for the

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Civil/072018/m8369566.pdf

Jodi Arias is interesting, she is a textbook example of "Borderline Personality Disorder", she could be an entire graduate thesis, on her history, personality, and subsequent situation in prison. I have no doubt her life is based on manipulation of others, and compulsive lying, even about inconsequential items.

She creates drama.

“According to the appeal brief, Arias was on her way to Monterey, California, to kill herself when she was arrested. (At trial, the evidence suggested she was on her way to a camping trip with male friends.)” - to quote Michael Keifer from the Arizona Republic. Sure she was....why then did she not simply do it? She had a brand new 9mm, a bunch of knives and all those condoms.
Such a drama queen....What were the condoms for? To be used as a silencer?
Trouble is, again, what is the truth when it comes from the mouth? Spin the wheel, take a bet. Truth to the is about as fluid as the waves on the Monterey beach.

snipped for content.
any theories on who she was going to 'visit' on her knife/gun trip? was she really going to monterey? i think she was going to get rid of some 'witnesses' like an old boyfriend(s), or do a copycat with the same MO on one of travis' friends.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back