CO CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #3

he will eventually seek out a place to continue his activities, what ever those are.

sexual deviations, urges fantasies
drug fueled or emotionally fueled confrontations and rages
violence over perceived threats real or imagined
grifting and using unsuspecting people
parasitic lifestyle
money related criminal behavior , stealing conning etc.
destruction of new found supportive relationships.
procurement of weapons
traffic offenses tickets
failure to appear
failure to report
failure to pay child support
violation of restraining order
failure to satisfy probational requirement.
Domestic violence

MOO

No witnesses? Not enough circumstantial evidence to support an inference of guilt?
Tim needs brilliant detectives to solve this. MOO

So you think the .22 in the trunk was a different .22 used to kill Tim?

Nations happened to obtain a different gun, with the same caliber, in the 9 days between tim’s murder and his arrest? Not being sarcastic here at all...I’m just thinking that if the guns matched, he would not have been released. So by inference, DN had 9 Days to ditch the .22 used to kill Tim, pawn it, whatever, and buy a new .22 (KN would have to purchase it if legally since DN is a felon). Or he had 9 days to steal another one. Either way, he chose to buy the same caliber as the one that killed TW?

That does not add up to me with the Nations’ limited resources. Where is that gun? Was it released to KN? If DN didn’t kill Tim, the gun is no longer evidence, just like the car. Why don’t the Nations have these things? Or do they?

Have we been told the 22 in KN's car is/isn't linked to Tim's death?
Do authorities ever change their minds about homicide/suicide as investigations develop?
How many stacks of evidence haven't been released to the public?
Was an expert forensic pathologist involved in Tim's case?
Will we ever be allowed to know these answers as time ticks by as we wonder in frustration?

Have we been told the 22 in KN's car is/isn't linked to Tim's death?
Do authorities ever change their minds about homicide/suicide as investigations develop?
How many stacks of evidence haven't been released to the public?
Was an expert forensic pathologist involved in Tim's case?
Will we ever be allowed to know these answers as time ticks by as we wonder in frustration?

No, we have not been told it doesn’t match. We have been told Zero about any evidence or POI’s.

No, we have not been told it doesn’t match. We have been told Zero about any evidence or POI’s.

Regarding multiple gunshot wounds, here is confirmation

Beneath fluorescent lights in the basement of Swan-Law Funeral Directors mortuary in downtown Colorado Springs is where Meeker last laid eyes on his friend and cycling mentor

Alone with him one final time, Meeker's eyes darted from one gunshot wound to the next, pockmarks on the freshly prepared corpse.

His mind went back to the search, and the sight of sheriff's deputies sticking a pencil through another apparent bullet hole on the front tire of Watkins' bicycle.”

Regarding POI’s,

Daniel Nations was arrested on suspicion of various crimes, including threatening someone with a hatchet, but was never named a suspect in the Watkins case. Nations, 32, was released in January without any related charges filed. He remains among "multiple" people of interest in the case, said Smith, the sheriff's detective.

"It would be nice if he gave a truthful statement to police," Smith said. "That's about the best thing he could do for himself, to exclude himself”

There is the statement that people were looking for on thread #2 a couple days ago, about DN telling the truth, etc.

Tim Watkins’ last ride: Unresolved murder of Palmer Lake mountain biking icon leaves community deeply unsettled | Colorado Springs News | gazette.com

Interesting contrast in others' recollections of Watkins' demeanor:

"[Murdered Colorado cyclist] Mike Rust was very confrontational, he would take no guff from anyone. Tim was kind of the opposite personality type." ~ John Crandall (Crandall’s Old Town Bike Shop) Tim Watkins was shot to death in an area known for illegal activity

But then there's this:

"Some of Watkins' friends wonder if his death was a result of a conflict between Tim and someone violating rules or laws. Watkins wasn't the type to stand down. If he saw motorists cutting off cyclists grinding up Mount Herman Road, he'd throw up his hands and yell at them, maybe flip them the bird." ~ Tim Watkins' last ride

Last edited:
Interesting contrast in others' recollections of Watkins' demeanor:

"[Murdered Colorado cyclist] Mike Rust was very confrontational, he would take no guff from anyone. Tim was kind of the opposite personality type." ~ John Crandall (Crandall’s Old Town Bike Shop) Tim Watkins was shot to death in an area known for illegal activity

But then there's this:

"Some of Watkins' friends wonder if his death was a result of a conflict between Tim and someone violating rules or laws. Watkins wasn't the type to stand down. If he saw motorists cutting off cyclists grinding up Mount Herman Road, he'd throw up his hands and yell at them, maybe flip them the bird." ~ Tim Watkins' last ride

I 100% agree that the tone of the article changes several times. It has tones at one time that suggest the family and friends know who is responsible.

I get several inferences in the article, and none of them lead the the same conclusion.

So you think the .22 in the trunk was a different .22 used to kill Tim?

Nations happened to obtain a different gun, with the same calibre, in the 9 days between Tim's murder and his arrest? Not being sarcastic here at all...I’m just thinking that if the guns matched, he would not have been released. So by inference, DN had 9 Days to ditch the .22 used to kill Tim, pawn it, whatever, and buy a new .22 (KN would have to purchase it if legally since DN is a felon). Or he had 9 days to steal another one. Either way, he chose to buy the same calibre as the one that killed TW?

That does not add up to me with the Nations’ limited resources. Where is that gun? Was it released to KN? If DN didn’t kill Tim, the gun is no longer evidence, just like the car. Why don’t the Nations have these things? Or do they?
Here is what I wonder,,,back in Oct 2017, when Stroup and Greeno interviewed KN, she said he had a 22 REVOLVER...and because he was a SO he could not have one (so law abiding) so she went on to say he sold it to a Pawn Shop in IN??? then went on to say that she bought the 22 RIFLE in CO because they were being broken into..really??? This stinks. Side note, she said in that interview that he tossed some clothes out in CO because they had holes??? Well, who the Hell leaves IN in a rush with a newborn and a 4yr old ..and brings "crappy clothes" that needed to be thrown out beforehand? Homeless, living out of a Chevy Prism? She just had the baby April 30/17 in IN, she was busy selling a Cybershot camera, flat screen TV, Zirconia jewellery from their Storage locker in IN April 10/17. KN placed a Post on May 10/17 n the CO "Free Stuff" said she they were broken into, lost all their money and more...someone suggested the LE would help ..she said no, she would work for a Hotel Room...
I personally think they were both chasing folks with the Hatchets as they did not want Tim's remains found.
PS: DN had lost a lot of weight since his brief prison term AFTER the girls were murdered..(late Feb /17). I saw a pic of him holding the Flat screen TV, April/17 and it seemed significant, how he looked in the pic's in Court in CO ...perhaps a deliberate weight loss? OMO.

Last edited:
was there some reason his family thinks he might commit suicide and bury himself in a shallow grave leaving his shoe strewn on the road and his bike strewn illy nilly as though he fled?

how could someone shoot themselves in the head 3 times?

I agree, suicide is not what happened here. Why don't some of the locals call LE and ask where this RSO is?? They have the right to know if he is kipping under a bridge near them and their children - that's the whole point of the register right?

I agree, suicide is not what happened here. Why don't some of the locals call LE and ask where this RSO is?? They have the right to know if he is kipping under a bridge near them and their children - that's the whole point of the register right?

They have asked, including this local
No answer. Not even our local LE know who dN even is until you refresh their memories. Ask them where he is, and they look at you like you’re an alien. How dare us ask...

The issue I have with all of this is that, while it’s all great circumstantial evidence, LE has it. So, with all of that, LE saw it fit to release DN?

Here is what I wonder,,,back in Oct 2017, when Stroup and Greeno interviewed KN, she said he had a 22 REVOLVER...and because he was a SO he could not have one (so law abiding) so she went on to say he sold it to a Pawn Shop in IN??? then went on to say that she bought the 22 RIFLE in CO because they were being broken into..really??? This stinks. Side note, she said in that interview that he tossed some clothes out in CO because they had holes??? Well, who the Hell leaves IN in a rush with a newborn and a 4yr old ..and brings "crappy clothes" that needed to be thrown out beforehand? Homeless, living out of a Chevy Prism? She just had the baby April 30/17 in IN, she was busy selling a Cybershot camera, flat screen TV, Zirconia jewellery from their Storage locker in IN April 10/17. KN placed a Post on May 10/17 n the CO "Free Stuff" said she they were broken into, lost all their money and more...someone suggested the LE would help ..she said no, she would work for a Hotel Room...
I personally think they were both chasing folks with the Hatchets as they did not want Tim's remains found.
PS: DN had lost a lot of weight since his brief prison term AFTER the girls were murdered..(late Feb /17). I saw a pic of him holding the Flat screen TV, April/17 and it seemed significant, how he looked in the pic's in Court in CO ...perhaps a deliberate weight loss? OMO.

If the bullets themselves have not been found, then it would be impossible to identify a weapon right? Is it possible that bullets could have passed through the body and gotten lost in the surrounding brush? If the bullets weren't recovered by LE, they may know the caliber of he bullet by the size of the wound, but would have nothing to match to DN'S gun itself.

If the bullets themselves have not been found, then it would be impossible to identify a weapon right? Is it possible that bullets could have passed through the body and gotten lost in the surrounding brush? If the bullets weren't recovered by LE, they may know the caliber of he bullet by the size of the wound, but would have nothing to match to DN'S gun itself.

bbm

I'm not an expert but I don't think that is possible.

The caliber of the bullet that caused an entrance wound in the skin cannot be determined by the diameter of the entrance. A .38-caliber (9-mm) bullet can produce a hole having the diameter of a .32 caliber (7.65-mm) bullet and vice versa. The size of the hole is due not only to the diameter of the bullet but also to the elasticity of the skin and the location of the wound. An entrance wound in an area where the skin is tightly stretched will have a diameter different from that of a wound in an area where the skin is lax. Bullet wounds in areas where the skin lies in folds or creases may be slit-shaped.

Caliber Determination from Entrance Wounds - Gunshot Wounds

I dont think you could have a definitive answer based on the entrance wound but you may be able to surmise based on comparison and experience. MOO

I think it’s silly to assume LE was unable to find one bullet. Like the article states, even his bike had bullet holes. Assuming LE couldn’t find a bullet means that either the killer took the bullets with him, which seems unlikely given the scattered nature of the scene, or LE was unable to locate them. I would think with even simple technology, LE could locate bullets in a wooded area.

Denial of the danger , denial of the crime, alienation of the public and indifference to the death or the geographical area, does not erase the fact of it, does not dial down the danger.

Tim Watkins was murdered in cold blood . MOO

Denial of the danger , denial of the crime, alienation of the public and indifference to the death or the geographical area, does not erase the fact of it, does not dial down the danger.

Tim Watkins was murdered in cold blood . MOO
Exactly. And us locals are just supposed to deal with it like nothing happened. Nope. I’m not walking around up there. I’m not leaving my house alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back