Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Borce)-He fronted the packed court room dressed in a dark suit, open-necked white shirt and with his hair cropped short.
Sarah Ristevski did not appear to be in court on Monday morning.

Prosecutors, defence lawyers and counsel for media organisations are expected to spend the first part of Monday's hearing discussing a suppression order application before magistrate Suzanne Cameron.

Borce Ristevski in court for committal hearing, accused of murdering his wife Karen

April 19, 2018
It has been revealed detectives tapped phone calls and planted listening devices as they investigated Mr Ristevski.
Mr Ristevski’s lawyers are now poring over a 22,000-page brief of evidence
“One of the things that will take a lot of time is the CCTV footage,” he told the court.

“On top of that, we have the listening-device material and the telephone-intercept material.”
Magistrate Suzanne Cameron noted there was a large volume of evidence covering a range of “topics”.

As many as 80 witnesses may be called at a future committal hearing to determine whether there is enough evidence for Mr Ristevski to stand trial.

The magistrate said several witnesses would speak about the case’s “background and history”. Such evidence may be used in relation to motive
, the court heard.
Nocookies

(Borce)-He fronted the packed court room dressed in a dark suit, open-necked white shirt and with his hair cropped short.
Sarah Ristevski did not appear to be in court on Monday morning.

Prosecutors, defence lawyers and counsel for media organisations are expected to spend the first part of Monday's hearing discussing a suppression order application before magistrate Suzanne Cameron.

Borce Ristevski in court for committal hearing, accused of murdering his wife Karen
I thought his lawyers withdrew the suppression order application??

MAY 16, 2018

She can also be called by the defence as a witness and of course both sides have the opportunity to cross-examine her.

At a hearing this week, Magistrate Suzanne Cameron told the court that Sarah Ristevski, 22, would need advice in relation to her rights in giving evidence about her father.

Mr Boas said Ms Cameron was referring to a provision that allowed the children of defendants to refuse to testify against their parents, in the same way a husband or wife cannot be compelled to give evidence against their spouse.

“Whether or not a family member is compellable is a balancing exercise for the court,” Mr Boas told news.com.au

“The court balances the impact of compelling the witness to testify with the impact on the relationship and weighs that against the nature and gravity of the offence and the interests of justice being served.

“So she needs to be advised that she has the right before she is called to testify. If the judge makes the decision that her evidence is needed, compels her to give evidence and she refuses, she can be charged with contempt of court.

“Then it becomes quite a serious matter that can see a person jailed for anywhere from three months to a year.

“It really depends just how crucial Sarah’s evidence is to the prosecution case and we don’t know that yet.”
What will Sarah Ristevski say in the witness box?

@AndieHamblin
Karen Ristevski's stepson Anthony Rickard has been living with close friend Kim Barcellona. She says she has feared for his mental health & has been trying to help him stay clean & out of trouble. “(The raid) left my teenage daughter shaken & terribly upset".
Thanks, Oz Jen!

Perhaps Kim Barcellona should have considered the circumstances and how it would effect her teenage daughter BEFORE she offered AR a place to stay! The mind boggles!!!

Last edited:
If you have a teenage daughter - what is he even doing there o_O:eek::rolleyes:
Exactly!!! What kind of mother subjects her teenage daughter (or any kids for that matter) to someone like AR? Far out!!! If I recall correctly, AR's ex's wouldn't allow him access to his own children and for good reason, yet this KB allows him to actually live with her and her teenage daughter! I can't even.......... :eek::eek:

A 14 year old’s Monday morning’s show & tell.

“Police forced entry into the dwelling and arrested the applicant.”

Police allegedly found drug paraphernalia in Rickard’s room.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/au....tepson-arrested-dodging-police-093223734.html
BIB: Trying to help AR stay clean and out of trouble eh KB. Looks like you failed according to the Police. Not only that, you have failed at keeping your 14 year old daughter safe and protected--the raid as you say, has left your daughter shaken and terribly upset..in other words "traumatized". Sad, just sad... she should have come FIRST not AR!!

BIB: Trying to help AR stay clean and out of trouble eh KB. Looks like you failed according to the Police. Not only that, you have failed at keeping your 14 year old daughter safe and protected--the raid as you say, has left your daughter shaken and terribly upset..in other words "traumatized". Sad, just sad... she should have come FIRST not AR!!

"Police announced their presence, at which time all occupants feigned not being home despite being observed by police," the police prosecutor said.
Ristevski son in court over police dodge - 9News

Some support she offered. Feigning not being home. leaving the police to have to force entry to make the arrest upsetting her daughter. :rolleyes:

"Police announced their presence, at which time all occupants feigned not being home despite being observed by police," the police prosecutor said.
Ristevski son in court over police dodge - 9News

Some support she offered. Feigning not being home. leaving the police to have to force entry to make the arrest upsetting her daughter. :rolleyes:
:( The more I read the angrier I am becoming :( I'm going to back out of the thread for a bit and return when I have these emotions in check.

Nonetheless, thanks for posting soso!

Family members....hopefully supporting justice for Karen

Family members
and journalists filled Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday for the start of what is expected to be a two-week committal hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to send Ristevski to trial.

Borce Ristevski murder committal begins

"The court was told Rickard is a witness in the death of his stepmother and police had been attempting to serve him a witness summons since May."

A witness??!! Gosh I wish I was there today to see how this all plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail