GUILTY IN - April Tinsley, 8, Fort Wayne, 1 April 1988 *Arrest*

That is awesome! There are a lot of people that have not heard about some of these older cases, and this one is appalling. Crime Junkie podcast did a pretty good episode about the case recently

Amazing. I just learned about the case on Discovery ID, watching the airing of "On the Case with Paula Zahn - Notes from a Killer".
I was googling for info as I watched the show and saw the news about the arrest this morning.
I could not believe it. Great news.

So glad an arrest has been made. I can’t imagine how April’s loved ones must be feeling. It is tragic it has taken 30 years.

I wonder if he will confess to other crimes it seems implausible to have committed a horrific evil crime just over thirty years ago and then stop.

I’m not getting my hopes up about him being the perp in Abigail and Liberty’s case I don’t think he looks like the mugshot to any great extent.

I am also so happy to hear this news. Although he may not be the same perpetrator, I can't help but think the angels A & L must have had a hand in getting this case solved, too. I think the renewed interest in this cold case helped to bring this story to a close. I can't wait for more justice to be served.

I don’t know what to think about the possibility of him being A & L’s perp.
I will admit I do not have much faith in that sketch from their case. After LE saying to focus on the body, not the face & disregard the hat, I really just find it hard to believe the accuracy of that sketch. So I don’t feel a comparison between JM & the sketch of BG would clarify anything.
(I’m so thankful for DNA because that is 100% proof.)
However, the perp in April’s case seems to be a pedophile. April was 8/9. A & L were 14 & 13.
Also, the fact that JM confessed & knew he was being arrested for April’s murder, *if he has done any other similar crimes, how did he know which one he was being arrested for?
I hope all of that makes sense to everyone here. My mind is just spinning with how fast this went since the GSK case was resolved using this technology! Hoping for a resolution to A & L’s case soon!

One more article:

After 30 years, police say they’ve captured a child-killer who left a sickening trail of taunts
The message was slashed onto the weather-beaten planks of a barn in the empty farmland not far from where the girl’s body had been found.

Police in northern Indiana stared at the jerky handwritten scrawl in May 1990, realizing this was the most significant clue to drop in the region’s most publicized unsolved crime. In 1988, 8-year-old April Tinsley had been found killed and sexually assaulted. Two years later, police were now studying the white building on a stretch of lonely rural road, fields running to the horizon on all sides. The message appeared to be a confession — as well as a taunt and a threat.

After 30 years, police say they’ve captured a child-killer who left a sickening trail of taunts

Monday, July 16th:
*Hearing - ID - April Marie Tinsley (8) (April 1, 1988) - John D. Miller (59/29 @ time of crime) arrested (7/15/18) on suspicion of murder, child molesting & confinement. Confessed. DNA linked.

'I been watching you': Indiana child killer who taunted little girls captured after 30 years, police say

The message was slashed onto the weather-beaten planks of a barn in the empty farmland not far from where the girl's body had been found.

Police in northern Indiana stared at the jerky handwritten scrawl in May 1990, realizing this was the most significant clue to drop in the region's most publicized unsolved crime. In 1988, 8-year-old April Tinsley had been found murdered and sexually assaulted. Two years later, police were now studying the white building on a stretch of lonely rural road, fields running to the horizon on all sides. The message appeared to be a confession - as well as a taunt and a threat.

"I kill 8 year old April M Tinsley," the barn read, according to a recently filed police affidavit. "[D]id you find the other shoe haha I will kill again."

Although the message initially failed to steer investigators to Tinsley's killer, it was not the last word from the alleged murderer. As the case stalled, and hundreds of suspects were targeted and cleared, the girl's assailant would continue to haunt the Fort Wayne area. Grotesque messages - left with used condoms and Polaroids - were sent to other little girls who the child killer claimed were next on his list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back