Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The like button was not enough.

ETA I was married to a relative of Thomas's for several years and it's not stupidity it's narcissism. IMO.

:eek:

How interesting, La Louve, can you elaborate on the narcissism? Did you ever meet him (or Sam or Meghan)?

I don't really understand why he is still living his old life in Mexico, wouldn't it be safer for him (in terms of protection, healthcare etc) to be in the US. Pretty sure H&M would bankroll it. Maybe he's refused.

How interesting, La Louve, can you elaborate on the narcissism? Did you ever meet him (or Sam or Meghan)?

RSBM

Nope, never met any of them as it's a distant relation to my ex. By the narcissism I just meant that it seems all about him. I found it seriously offensive when he was quoted in the press during that pre-wedding drama saying that he felt bad about missing the wedding because it was such an historic occasion [so he could be a part of it and say he was there], when IMO he should have been upset about missing walking his "little girl" down the aisle.

The like button was not enough.

ETA I was married to a relative of Thomas's for several years and it's not stupidity it's narcissism. IMO.

:eek:

Ha ha! I had fun with the dollar $igns. :)

My sympathy for being married to a relative!

Yes, narcissism is more probable than stupidity. I wonder if Thomas and his older kids were always this way or was it the wedding that brought it to the fore. I don’t remember reading much about Thomas until the paparazzi mess. He seemed to have had the sense to keep his mouth shut like Doria. Or maybe I missed it. But I don’t think he would have been part of the wedding if he’d been blabbing like Samantha and Tom Jr. Wasn’t Tom Sr on the outs with both at one point? I kind of wonder if Samantha is holding some damaging information over his head that she will reveal if he doesn’t cooperate with the press and say outrageous things.

Meghan Markle's father may fly to the UK to repair relations with his daughter as he fears he has been frozen out of her new life, it has been reported.

Thomas Markle has faced a difficult relationship with the royal family since his daughter became engaged to Prince Harry, and did not attend the royal wedding in May.

But the 73-year-old, who lives in Mexico, said he wanted to see the Duchess and said he did not care if she was 'p***ed off' at him.

He said he was considering a trip to England to see Meghan whether or not he is invited by Kensington Palace, The Sun reported.

Thomas Markle says he is considering a trip to the UK to repair relations with daughter Meghan | Daily Mail Online

Oh I can just imagine the press if he turns up to Kensington Palace and they won’t let him in. And he should care his daughter is annoyed with him to not care is so selfish.

Meghan Markle's father may fly to the UK to repair relations with his daughter as he fears he has been frozen out of her new life, it has been reported.

Thomas Markle has faced a difficult relationship with the royal family since his daughter became engaged to Prince Harry, and did not attend the royal wedding in May.

But the 73-year-old, who lives in Mexico, said he wanted to see the Duchess and said he did not care if she was 'p***ed off' at him.

He said he was considering a trip to England to see Meghan whether or not he is invited by Kensington Palace, The Sun reported.

Thomas Markle says he is considering a trip to the UK to repair relations with daughter Meghan | Daily Mail Online

Oh I can just imagine the press if he turns up to Kensington Palace and they won’t let him in. And he should care his daughter is annoyed with him to not care is so selfish.

Calling the Royal family names is not going to make him exactly welcome!

“He told the Sun on Sunday that the Duchess was trying to mask her stress as she attends public events and was 'terrified' of the expectations placed on her shoulders by an 'outdated' and 'asinine' Royal Family.”

How can she agree to see him when she knows he will get paid to tell the story of their “reunion.” He’s toxic. I’m so sorry Meghan. :(

Calling the Royal family names is not going to make him exactly welcome!

“He told the Sun on Sunday that the Duchess was trying to mask her stress as she attends public events and was 'terrified' of the expectations placed on her shoulders by an 'outdated' and 'asinine' Royal Family.”

How can she agree to see him when she knows he will get paid to tell the story of their “reunion.” He’s toxic. I’m so sorry Meghan. :(

It’s a good thing he missed the wedding. I just hope this situation doesn’t tear the Duke and Duchess of Sussex apart.

I wonder how surprising this latest b.s. from the dad really is to Meghan and to the palace. Her sister has been spewing ugliness in the press for months. The possibility that she is now manipulating their father seems like a logical progression in her campaign to wound Meghan.

Fortunately Meghan is not some young, naive Diana. She seems pretty grounded, and to have a good support system of friends, her impressive mother and hew new husband and in-laws.

love love love the Louis christening photos. Catherine seems so happy as a mum and that makes me happy for her. Louis looks like he's going to have darker hair than George and Charlotte.

It’s a good thing he missed the wedding. I just hope this situation doesn’t tear the Duke and Duchess of Sussex apart.

Here’s hoping it makes them even closer. His earlier ill-advised comment about the “family she never had” indicates he knew there were issues with at least her half brother and sister.

That Meghan wanted Tom to walk him down the aisle tells me that their relationship was OK up until the paparazzi scandal, heart surgery and his subsequent tell-all interview. Would things have been different if all that hadn’t happened? We’ll never know.

I am absolutely shocked at the hatred there is for the Duchess of Sussex on social media and the determination on people’s part to somehow expose her as a fraud and drive her out of the Royal Family. I wasn’t aware that this was happening. Some people are absolutely delighted at what Thomas and Samantha are doing. They are very sad and miserable individuals.

It’s really sad because it does seem they genuinely had a close bond. Age 11, through HS graduation are tough years to parent. This Instagram post is just 2 years ago. How could it change drastically? It really makes me wonder about his well being; whether or not Samantha has managed to have him interdicted...medicated?? Or if he has an advanced stage of disease setting in? It’s just peculiar and so sad for the start of a newlywed life.

From the DM link:

“Their close bond continued after Mr Markle and Meghan's mother Doria Ragland divorced when she was six years old.

She lived with him in Hollywood from the age of 11 until she graduated from high school.

They went on road trips together and listened to soul music in his Toyota, which was fitted out with mattresses and a VCR.”

Attachments

• B5BD5DAD-2440-4294-AFB9-435BCD13BEE8.jpeg
    B5BD5DAD-2440-4294-AFB9-435BCD13BEE8.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 6
I am absolutely shocked at the hatred there is for the Duchess of Sussex on social media and the determination on people’s part to somehow expose her as a fraud and drive her out of the Royal Family. I wasn’t aware that this was happening. Some people are absolutely delighted at what Thomas and Samantha are doing. They are very sad and miserable individuals.

Hey Greg, I haven’t been tuned in. Is it a specific SM source or in general? TIA

Hey Greg, I haven’t been tuned in. Is it a specific SM source or in general? TIA

It was in Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr. Tumblr is the worst one account even has a supposed PR expert dishing dirt about the Duchess. It is horrendous. I can’t link or post anything from the accounts per Websleuths rules but I’m absolutely shocked at the venom being unleashed towards the Duchess. I don’t know if it is just bitter women who are jealous of her.

It’s really sad because it does seem they genuinely had a close bond. Age 11, through HS graduation are tough years to parent. This Instagram post is just 2 years ago. How could it change drastically? It really makes me wonder about his well being; whether or not Samantha has managed to have him interdicted...medicated?? Or if he has an advanced stage of disease setting in? It’s just peculiar and so sad for the start of a newlywed life.

From the DM link:

“Their close bond continued after Mr Markle and Meghan's mother Doria Ragland divorced when she was six years old.

She lived with him in Hollywood from the age of 11 until she graduated from high school.

They went on road trips together and listened to soul music in his Toyota, which was fitted out with mattresses and a VCR.”

I wouldn’t be surprised at the wicked 1/2 sister’s involvement. I wonder if Samantha got her behaviour from her father. I think she is very jealous of the Duchess no wonder her mother and daughter who hate her. I do feel sympathy for her being disabled with a serious condition but that does not give her a free pass to behave like this.

I wonder if that's the floral dress under the periwinkle coat she wore to meet the Trumps? We don't usually see the queen rewear looks do we? Catherine is known for it though.
I think it's a different dress LaLouve. The floral dress she wore when meeting DT was blue and yellow combined to give kind of a greenish cast under the totally blue jacket:

( from: Queen Elizabeth Meets Donald Trump and Wife Melania for the First Time Amidst Protests in London )

The one when she is shown with the King and Queen of Belgium looks just blue and white.

Did the others such as Kate M meet with such vitriol?

Not to the same extent they said the Duchess of Cambridge was a commoner who has never done a days work in her life and didn’t deserve to be part of the Royal Family. People online are insisting that Meghan is a fake who is acting the role of her life and using the Royal Family to increase her public profile. I don’t know why people are so vindictive and can’t just let them be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail