Found Safe MI - Kaitlyn Leonard, 15, Sterling, 21 May 2018

Just some wild guesses about why she might leave the medication....

1) The person who helped her "runaway" also convinced her that she didn't need her medication
2) She felt she didn't need it but her parents "made" her take it
3) She preferred to self-medicate with recreational drugs and/or alcohol

I sure hope she is found safe...she looks young and vulnerable....

It's been over three months. No sign of Kaitlyn. No reports of possible sightings, nothing. I wonder what in the world happened to her? If she's OK why wouldn't she at least write so on her Facebook? If not, what could have happened?

Just some wild guesses about why she might leave the medication....

1) The person who helped her "runaway" also convinced her that she didn't need her medication
2) She felt she didn't need it but her parents "made" her take it
3) She preferred to self-medicate with recreational drugs and/or alcohol

I sure hope she is found safe...she looks young and vulnerable....
Another guess is that there may not be a medication. I was told to put that on flyers when my dog went missing once. It makes it sound more urgent and dire to those that read it. I know a dog isn’t the same as a teenager but I’ve seen quite a few missing posters for teens that have the same language about medications.

It's been over three months. No sign of Kaitlyn. No reports of possible sightings, nothing. I wonder what in the world happened to her? If she's OK why wouldn't she at least write so on her Facebook? If not, what could have happened?
She probably fears getting caught if she writes on her SM. My bet though is that she has new SM accounts. Her family should search through her friends’ SM accounts to see if any of their “followers” ring a bell.

She probably fears getting caught if she writes on her SM. My bet though is that she has new SM accounts. Her family should search through her friends’ SM accounts to see if any of their “followers” ring a bell.
Where is she living though? She can't get an apartment at 15. If she's living with an older bf (the one who helped her to run away) don't people wonder who she is and how old is she? I believe there are/were flyers of Kaitlyn in Sterling and Arenac County. Did they move out of state perhaps?

Where is she living though? She can't get an apartment at 15. If she's living with an older bf (the one who helped her to run away) don't people wonder who she is and how old is she? I believe there are/were flyers of Kaitlyn in Sterling and Arenac County. Did they move out of state perhaps?
My bet is that they are not living close by. She doesn’t look 15 to me. She could pass for a college aged kid. What I find interesting is that we haven’t heard about who she went with. Is he much older or just also barely an adult himself? LE has to have found some sort of digital trail even if she used another phone. If they know who gave her that phone then that person knows who she went with and most likely where she went. It’s strange that there is not more info or publicity about this case.

Hopefully this link is ok, it states she’s been found
Teen Kaitlyn Leonard missing from Michigan FOUND · Missing Persons of America

January 7, 2019 – Kaitlyn Leonard has been located in Mt. Pleasant, Texas and is with authorities. She went to a local business and asked for help and called her mother.

Not seeing any MSM updates yet

Dear TXBorn,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news!

May this year bring more good outcomes!

Here's another article about Kaitlyn found safe:

Missing Sterling girl being reunited with her mother

"Arenac County Undersheriff Don McIntyre confirmed that Kristi Leonard of Sterling is being reunited with her daughter Kaitlyn, who had gone missing May 20, 2018. Kaitlyn was located by law enforcement agencies in Texas."

"McIntyre said he didn’t have much information on the cause of Kaitlyn’s disappearance that could be released at this time. His department had been coordinating with law enforcement agencies in Texas before Kaitlyn had been located.

"Upon her return, McIntyre said his office will investigate further to determine if there will be any charges to follow."

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998