Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paywalled article paraphrased
The prosecutor told the magistrate that Ant who was on the witness list may not be called, due to weekend events. If he were legal advice would need to be sought.

Category: | Herald Sun
Borce Ristevski in court for committal hearing
Rebekah Cavanagh, Herald Sun
July 16, 2018

update to article.
SR scheduled to appear tomorrow.

Hopefully we'll get some tweets tomorrow :D

Hope so.

Further update (paraphrased)

Counsel for the commissioners office wants court closed Thursday, when an optus technician gives evidence.
The argument that the information is highly confidential and should only be disclosed to the court.
Media organisations are fighting the gag.

Hope so.

Further update (paraphrased)

Counsel for the commissioners office wants court closed Thursday, when an optus technician gives evidence.
The argument that the information is highly confidential and should only be disclosed to the court.
Media organisations are fighting the gag.

That's interesting. I wonder what is sensitive - the information disclosed during the taps, or the way that they did it. if it's the way that it was done, then i hope it remains confidential, so they can use it to catch more crims down the track.

If it's only to protect Borce, I hope it's made public.

That's interesting. I wonder what is sensitive - the information disclosed during the taps, or the way that they did it. if it's the way that it was done, then i hope it remains confidential, so they can use it to catch more crims down the track.

If it's the Commissioners Office asking, assuming that it's the Police Commissioner, I don't think it would be to protect Borce.

Could be the Telecommunications Commissioner I suppose, wanting to keep their tapping secrets :oops:

Police methodology primarily, it seems.

But he spent the first morning of his committal hearing listening to an application for a suppression order from Victoria Police, which wants to prevent media from reporting evidence about how investigators use telecommunications data. Police also want a telecommunications technician to give evidence in a closed court.

Lawyers for media organisations are opposed to the application for the suppression order.

Astrid Haban-Beer, representing the chief commissioner of police, said investigators did not want the methodology on how they used the data to be released into the public domain.

"We say the material is so highly confidential that it ought not to be released to anyone but the court," Ms Haban-Beer told magistrate Suzanne Cameron. Ms Cameron is yet to rule on the suppression order.

Borce Ristevski in court for committal hearing, accused of murdering his wife Karen

If this needs to be kept secret then so be it. Our billiant cops at work I say.

Phones or computers?

"We say the material is so highly confidential that it ought not to be released to anyone but the court," Ms Haban-Beer told magistrate Suzanne Cameron. Ms Cameron is yet to rule on the suppression order
Astrid Haban-Beer, representing the chief commissioner of police, said investigators did not want the methodology on how they used the data to be released into the public domain.

Borce Ristevski in court for committal hearing, accused of murdering his wife Karen

‘The stepson of slain Melbourne mum Karen Ristevski dodged police for months because he did not want to give evidence at his father's committal hearing, a court has been told.’

‘The court was told Rickard is a witness in the death of his stepmother Ms Ristevski and police had been attempting since May to serve him a witness summons for the case.’

‘Police allege Rickard agreed to meet with Missing Persons Squad officers on July 13 but never appeared and did not return calls or texts from officers.’

Ristevski son in court over police dodge - 9News

BBM That is a very interesting phrase, indeed. I wonder if the journalist has taken artistic licence with the wording because it conjours up many different scenarios for me.

A 14 year old’s Monday morning’s show & tell.

“Police forced entry into the dwelling and arrested the applicant.”

Police allegedly found drug paraphernalia in Rickard’s room.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/au....tepson-arrested-dodging-police-093223734.html

One young student told us during show and tell how dad spent the night in the lock up on the weekend because he was driving whilst drunk... That little show and tell session was wound up pretty quickly!

But he spent the first morning of his committal hearing listening to an application for a suppression order from Victoria Police, which wants to prevent media from reporting evidence about how investigators use telecommunications data. Police also want a telecommunications technician to give evidence in a closed court.

Lawyers for media organisations are opposed to the application for the suppression order.

"We say the material is so highly confidential that it ought not to be released to anyone but the court," Ms Haban-Beer told magistrate Suzanne Cameron. Ms Cameron is yet to rule on the suppression order.

Pretty sure we won't hear about police methodology..........

I agree. On both points.

Uber trip on day of disappearance

THE lead prosecutor in the case against Borce Ristevski says the accused killer tried to drive for Uber on the afternoon his wife went missing.

The Crown’s barrister Matt Fisher told the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on Monday that Mr Ristevski could not access the ride-sharing app on his phone so drove around for 30 minutes and collected no passengers.

Mr Fisher says it’s part of a story Mr Ristevski told police that included “numerous discrepancies” and made it difficult for them to “rule him out as a suspect” in the disappearance of his wife, Karen.

The comments came on the first day of a two-week pre-trial hearing to determine whether Mr Ristevski will face trial over her alleged murder.

On the night of her disappearance, Mr Ristevski and his daughter Sarah had dinner with his parents. Police allege he told them Ms Ristevski was “at the shop” the pair owned, Bella Blue, which was draining their finances and had left them in significant debt.

Police say Mr Ristevski did not tell Sarah that her mother was missing on the day she went missing or ask whether she had heard from her mother.

The last conversation Mr Ristevski and his wife had was relayed to the court. Mr Ristevski told police his wife said “I’m going because I can’t think straight” before leaving the home.

Uber trip on day of disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member