Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understand is that he got there and 45min later got the call and had to tell boss he was leaving. That’s such easily verified inform that I don’t see it as being a lie.
That said, I find it bizarre that he would go to work in the first place as well. JMO

Dm told him to go back to work no one thought EG would tell where Lucas was that fast.

(O/T, I was talking with a friend who confided in me that her husband is a 2 year meth addict. She is straight and naive about such things so came to me for support and advice. When I asked her about the "signs", she said he is not violent or aggressive at all, not skinny, has a good complextion (not all pockmarked, etc), has a very calm demeanor and is good with the kids...I also got to "interview" a 30 year meth addict, and noticed that he was very chubby and seemed "normal"...my point is that I'm starting to wonder and think that not all meth addicts may show "physical" signs. For my friend, she said the only odd behavior was him staying out all night.)

(Eta: I told my friend to run for her life. Get the heck out. Because it's a downhill road.)

The meth users who fit most people’s idea of what a meth head should look like are the ones who use it intravenously.

The ones who smoke or snort it can maintain a mostly normal appearance.

I know I’ve mentioned this before on many threads back but here it goes again. I am a Recruiter in the construction industry and deal with these guys daily all over the US. The drugs are out there. A lot of the time they have connections on the site. I recently had a job where the foreman’s wife was selling meth, cocaine, pills and marijuana out of the tool room. Couldn’t make this up if I tried. I reported it and she was arrested. If someone is a user they’ll find it anywhere. Unless his job site was doing a hair follicle test or have an observer watch them do the UA there’s a good chance they’re using synthetic urine or some else’s urine. They tape the plastic bag (smaller but similar to what it looks like when you donate plasma) to their leg to keep it warm. There is a tube that runs from the bag. When they go in to use the restroom they put that in the specimen cup. I only have 1 client that uses an observer and guys claim all of the time “I didn’t feel comfortable with them watching.” Yeah right. Wasn’t born yesterday. IF there was/is drug use it’d be pretty easy to pass a Rapid 5 or 9 UA. Let’s keep it real - he tested soil. He wasn’t a structural welder, suspended 45’ in the air doing dangerous welds that could potentially blow up an ethanol plant working 7-12’s. He tested soil... Depending on the employer they might not drug test soil testers regularly. He might have done one pre employment and that is sufficient for them.

In regards to the day Lucas was found and JH “going back to work” I’ve never thought that he did go back. The timeline seems to be off for me. He got back rather quick like and was at a vigil with JO. My gut feeling is that he didn’t go back to work. I also don’t think an employer would release him under the circumstances especially when dealing with the death of a child. I personally think they released him due to the pending charges having to do with EG’s son or it was voluntary. I happen to think he was probably advised, if taking a plea deal, that he wouldn’t be able to leave the state so he said screw it. I’m not going back, sick of the drive any way I’ll find something closer to home and play the sympathy card to my family even though I haven’t been in much contact since the reports of child abuse last November and denied everything.

I’ve never trusted JH. I personally think he knew. EG more than likely spun a story that would make JH believe her. What has happened is tragic and the saddest messed up case of abuse, drugs, failed reports to CPS and ultimately the death of that sweet boy. I don’t think we’ll ever have answers which is tragic for JO and the family that loves him to pieces. I pray daily for them all.

I’m now going to crawl back under the rock that I came from. Haha. I know I don’t post often these days but I do view the thread daily.

I’m local - how does one file for a coroners inquest (I think that’s what it’s called)?
Thank you RMT- I feel the exact same way. 100%

Yeah. Jh had a lot to hide and EG knew it and he stood by her to protect himself.
This is becoming more clear as the shock is wearing off.
I believe it is around drug abuse and his connections.
Boy do I have some true stories that make me thing this!

Here is the thing. We have a deceased child of 5 yrs old, with numerous abuse calls and reports to DCF concerning this child throughout his short life. We have a couple custodians throughout this child’s life. At what point do we hold the main parenting custodians responsible for the child’s life? JH lost his son. But I’m not sure I will EVER believe he didn’t know what was occurring in his child’s life- and IF HE DIDN’T? Then SHAME on him. Many Many parents work to provide for their children. EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is what we do. He acts like he “never had a clue” as to what Lucas went through. And if that is true, he has a heavy burden to bear. Emotionally healthy people do not walk through life like that. Not with marks and bruises continuously. It doesn’t add up, because healthy people don’t NOT ask questions. Lucas had black eyes, bruises, and bodily harm that was noticed by others.... DO NOT TELL ME his own Father didn’t get it- I see a self- centered man, away doing his own thing, and paying the bills. Even if he wasn’t there for Lucas’s demise, he is still his father. His lifeline. Imagine living with all of that..... A complete failure as a parent. JH lives in hell on earth - and I hope this guy learns something about what that all should look like. The entire scenario, all the way around is severely tragic, and could have been avoided.
I still reel over this case every single day.
All MOO

Even if Lucas did get bruises falling or bumping into something, you don’t get that many bruises at a time.
My 4 yr old has had an “egg” on his forehead here and there the last few months. Is that a concern? To me, yes. If he falls, that is the first place that hits. The difference being, my son does not have 8 other bruises alongside that bump on his forehead. He is just being a rambunctious kid. It’s ALL the other signs of bruising that is an issue! Point being, you know your child. And if severe bruises are always present, a healthy person knows that is not consistent with everyday play. MOO

My 4 yr old has had an “egg” on his forehead here and there the last few months. Is that a concern? To me, yes. If he falls, that is the first place that hits. The difference being, my son does not have 8 other bruises alongside that bump on his forehead. He is just being a rambunctious kid. It’s ALL the other signs of bruising that is an issue! Point being, you know your child. And if severe bruises are always present, a healthy person knows that is not consistent with everyday play. MOO
Exactly. I agree. My kids as well, are always bumping and it’s always the forehead or their legs.

Here is the thing. We have a deceased child of 5 yrs old, with numerous abuse calls and reports to DCF concerning this child throughout his short life. We have a couple custodians throughout this child’s life. At what point do we hold the main parenting custodians responsible for the child’s life? JH lost his son. But I’m not sure I will EVER believe he didn’t know what was occurring in his child’s life- and IF HE DIDN’T? Then SHAME on him. Many Many parents work to provide for their children. EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is what we do. He acts like he “never had a clue” as to what Lucas went through. And if that is true, he has a heavy burden to bear. Emotionally healthy people do not walk through life like that. Not with marks and bruises continuously. It doesn’t add up, because healthy people don’t NOT ask questions. Lucas had black eyes, bruises, and bodily harm that was noticed by others.... DO NOT TELL ME his own Father didn’t get it- I see a self- centered man, away doing his own thing, and paying the bills. Even if he wasn’t there for Lucas’s demise, he is still his father. His lifeline. Imagine living with all of that..... A complete failure as a parent. JH lives in hell on earth - and I hope this guy learns something about what that all should look like. The entire scenario, all the way around is severely tragic, and could have been avoided.
I still reel over this case every single day.
All MOO

I’m right there with you @n_6CC and think about it daily myself. It’s gut wrenching. I agree with EVERYTHING you’ve said. :hugs:

Lucas’s autopsy says REGIONAL FORENSIC SCIENCE CENTER in Wichita just as EG’s.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Kansas is one of the States that appoints Coroners in every county (most States elect coroners) to comply with Kansas state statutes which require that the County Coroner determine the cause and manner of all unattended deaths (not to be confused with Medical Examiner). A coroner is a person whose standard role is to confirm and certify the death of an individual within a jurisdiction. A coroner may also conduct or order an inquest into the manner or cause of death, and investigate or confirm the identity of an unknown person who has been found dead within the coroner's jurisdiction.

@lovemy3boys - you are correct that Regional Forensic Science Center issued Lucas A/R. According to sedgwickcounty.org-- "As a regional facility [RFSC], the Center provides services to out-of-county entities on a fee for service basis...." It's my understanding that Harvey County District 9 Coroner contracted with RFSC's state of the art forensic science lab to issue the A/R, but Kansas statute determines that Harvey County would order the inquest. I could be wrong but this was my understanding after contacting Sedgwick County and being referred to Harvey County District 9 Coroner. (Incidentally, I further recall earlier, uncorroborated reports stating two autopsies were performed on Lucas, and I believe this goes back to the same confusion after two different counties became involved.

I've never understood why the rules and/or roles of state Medical Examiners and Coroners are not uniform throughout the United States, and it seems Kansas Medical Society is in agreement here....

Regional Forensic Science Center | Sedgwick County, Kansas
Kansas coroner system - Kansas Medical Society

Edit to add all States agree there are five legally defined manners of death:
  • Natural.
  • Accident.
  • Homicide.
  • Suicide.
  • Undetermined.

Last edited:
The meth users who fit most people’s idea of what a meth head should look like are the ones who use it intravenously.

The ones who smoke or snort it can maintain a mostly normal appearance.
I would have to strongly disagree with this. I used to live in a community where nearly every adult I knew, including the mail man (true story) was either a meth user or meth dealer, or both. None of them shot up. Most snorted, and a couple of them smoked it. Without exception, every single one of them had the physical appearance of a stereotypical meth-head.

What if the secret that was hidden by EG was that JH was abusing lucas too?

Could that be possible?
i think this is one possibility. imo though, given what we know about EG (violent past with others and JH, visitations only with her children, Lucas saying "EG doesn't like me anymore"), i think that the keyword in your post is the word "too".

imo, i dont think JH was controlling his wife and kids - if it is true JH was abusive, i think it was a shared parenting method & way of life in their household. only pointing this out because if there is a way to prove JH accountable to some degree, i'm all for it but i dont want it to take away or make it seem less for what EG did to Lucas (not that your post is saying that, just the trajectory that will maybe come from the public/media if JH as an abuser/complicit became a storyline). she still is just as guilty imo.

No. Hubby is from there tho.
Someone on this thread was going request a coroners inquest. They had a few questions.

Well based on info I’ve researched it has to be a le type or public official to do it. It if you find a resident , I’m not, I will help you set up a petition page to gain attention. I’m looking at it again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail