NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not been much discussion here ..... see that Oakhill is questioning how the isotopes fit into TR and A4. I have to agree it is very puzzling, way back at near the beginning someone brought up the possibility of A4 or maybe it was just his child being from the SW its a bit vague. In all I'm not an isotope nor pollen analysis expert but ya know after looking at BG's identification there were some areas that have yet to make sense.

There is not been much discussion here ..... see that Oakhill is questioning how the isotopes fit into TR and A4. I have to agree it is very puzzling, way back at near the beginning someone brought up the possibility of A4 or maybe it was just his child being from the SW its a bit vague. In all I'm not an isotope nor pollen analysis expert but ya know after looking at BG's identification there were some areas that have yet to make sense.
Marcia King's isotope results only depicted the last year or so of her life because they used hair and fingernails. Had they done teeth and bone, I believe they would have pinpointed her place of origin and where she spent her childhood. The all over the place results kind of fits her lifestyle, what little of it we know. The disparity in her isotopes vs. pollen could simply be her clothing, especially the jacket, might have belonged to someone else originally. was second hand, and it was the previous owner, not her, who had been in that area. Just a guess, though. I could be completely way off.

As for the A4, their isotope results paint a more comprehensive picture & reach further back because they tested teeth and bone.

What puzzles me is that, according to isotopes, the middle child spent the majority of her short little life in an area that doesn't fit TR's known whereabouts before he came to NH. One possible scenario is TR and the MC's mother parted company sometime shortly after she was conceived/born, and the mother went to one of those areas with her, but not TR. He could have been an absentee parent, until, at some point, the MC ended up in his care.
I also don't think the other victims were with him for very long before they died. I'm thinking months, but again, I could be wrong about that.

Marcia King's isotope results only depicted the last year or so of her life because they used hair and fingernails. Had they done teeth and bone, I believe they would have pinpointed her place of origin and where she spent her childhood. The all over the place results kind of fits her lifestyle, what little of it we know. The disparity in her isotopes vs. pollen could simply be her clothing, especially the jacket, might have belonged to someone else originally. was second hand, and it was the previous owner, not her, who had been in that area. Just a guess, though. I could be completely way off.

As for the A4, their isotope results paint a more comprehensive picture & reach further back because they tested teeth and bone.

What puzzles me is that, according to isotopes, the middle child spent the majority of her short little life in an area that doesn't fit TR's known whereabouts before he came to NH. One possible scenario is TR and the MC's mother parted company sometime shortly after she was conceived/born, and the mother went to one of those areas with her, but not TR. He could have been an absentee parent, until, at some point, the MC ended up in his care.
I also don't think the other victims were with him for very long before they died. I'm thinking months, but again, I could be wrong about that.

I thought months was what they said.

There are places in the southwest where two of the isotope zones are right next to each other. Like a person living across the street could be in the other zone. I don't know how fuzzy the boundaries are, though.

I think it's highly likely that TR didn't know about the child until her mother showed up in New Hampshire.

** Blurred Lines **

The definitive isotope borders is exactly what Rhonda was writing about, there are areas that follow along the East end (NH, VT, ME) and West end (WA) of Canada and an area of North Mexico (CA AZ NM).

I thought the A4 isotopes were 3 months to a year back .. could be wrong just recalling from my bad memory ... getting worse every day

Yes ... I believe the (2) smallest children are the keys ... their isotopes would be closer in proximity to where they had actually been vs the (2) older

I thought months was what they said.
There are places in the southwest where two of the isotope zones are right next to each other. Like a person living across the street could be in the other zone. I don't know how fuzzy the boundaries are, though.

I think it's highly likely that TR didn't know about the child until her mother showed up in New Hampshire

I posted an article that explained the uniqueness of some isotope areas, for example, the ones for the NE TX area are only found in that concentration in that area, as if a line were drawn, or something like that, LOL

Re: BBM for focus
That's an interesting possibility, that he didn't know. That makes sense. Is it possible the wages that were garnished for child support before he ended up in NH for the mc and not his other children? Do we know for sure it was for them and not her? That might explain a few things.

I posted an article that explained the uniqueness of some isotope areas, for example, the ones for the NE TX area are only found in that concentration in that area, as if a line were drawn, or something like that, LOL

Re: BBM for focus
That's an interesting possibility, that he didn't know. That makes sense. Is it possible the wages that were garnished for child support before he ended up in NH for the mc and not his other children? Do we know for sure it was for them and not her? That might explain a few things.

I missed it... his wages were garnished ? Is that why he assumed an alias ?

Also I was wondering about this ? From Mercury News :

"...In 1986, Evans wrote a brief autobiography that authorities later obtained. It said he was the youngest of six kids, born to Norwegian-American parents who abused him practically from birth, and refused to allow him to attend school. It said he ran away from home at age 14, joined the military, then moved to Canada, where he met “Denise LaPorte” (identified by authorities as Denise Beaudin). It said they married in Virginia, had a daughter, and that Denise died in 1983...."

Did he write that Autobiography in 1986 .... ?

figures Denise died in 1983 .. since in 1984 he was working as curtis kimball .... and from 1981 - 1984 there isn't any confirmed sightings of where he was. <dammm> ?

Richmond: The sordid past of drifter linked to six killings – The Mercury News

Hm, you bring up a good point. I thought I read somewhere in an article that his paycheck was garnished, but I'm not finding the article. So, take that with a grain of salt unless it can be cited.

I missed it... his wages were garnished ? Is that why he assumed an alias ?

Also I was wondering about this ? From Mercury News :

"...In 1986, Evans wrote a brief autobiography that authorities later obtained. It said he was the youngest of six kids, born to Norwegian-American parents who abused him practically from birth, and refused to allow him to attend school. It said he ran away from home at age 14, joined the military, then moved to Canada, where he met “Denise LaPorte” (identified by authorities as Denise Beaudin). It said they married in Virginia, had a daughter, and that Denise died in 1983...."

Did he write that Autobiography in 1986 .... ?

figures Denise died in 1983 .. since in 1984 he was working as curtis kimball .... and from 1981 - 1984 there isn't any confirmed sightings of where he was. <dammm> ?

Richmond: The sordid past of drifter linked to six killings – The Mercury News
Just off the top of my head, his yearbook photos would suggest he was allowed to attend school and didn't run off at 14 to join the military.

The abuse... who knows.

But I haven't checked the dates on the photos.

...Ok, a quick Google and he was 16/17 in the yearbook photos.

I'm sure there may be some truth in his autobiography, but ... what to believe?

Probably very little, but there could be clues in there somewhere.

ETA: HE joined the Navy at 17.

Timeline: The history of serial killer Terry Peder Rasmussen - The Boston Globe

Just off the top of my head, his yearbook photos would suggest he was allowed to attend school and didn't run off at 14 to join the military.

The abuse... who knows.

But I haven't checked the dates on the photos.

...Ok, a quick Google and he was 16/17 in the yearbook photos.

I'm sure there may be some truth in his autobiography, but ... what to believe?

Probably very little, but there could be clues in there somewhere.

ETA: HE joined the Navy at 17.

Timeline: The history of serial killer Terry Peder Rasmussen - The Boston Globe
actually I know most of those things aren't actual. I guess I should of just asked straightout , " did he write that in 1986 " . I was under the assumption he did write an autobiography but I thought it was when he was in prison for murdering Eunsoon Jun. That would of been after 1986 . In 1986 according to his updated time line :
"...1986, January RASMUSSEN in Santa Cruz County, CA living & working at the Holiday Host RV Park in Scotts Valley under name Gordon Jenson.
1986, June RASMUSSEN abandoned a child (Denise Beaudin’s daughter) in California and fled.
1986, September Fingerprints match between Gordon Jenson and Curtis Mayo Kimball confirming they were the same person.

So maybe it's a typo error from the newspaper.
I always thought he started using an alias to avoid paying alimony and child support. That is after learning Bob Evans was Terry Rasmussen . I've also seen his name as terrance but don't koow either way.

https://www.doj.nh.gov/media-center.../20171102-information-allenstown-timeline.pdf

I think it time to try to build a profile for Terry Rasmussen to help possiable tied to him to other cold cases
From the 5 know murders he is tied to the basic small profile is
Rasmussen use blunt force tramuma to kill his Victims
Rasmussen dismembered his Victims's bodies
Rasmussen has some type of relationship with his victims
Rasmussen lives with his victims for sometime before he kill them

That what I got so far

Add... likely had a temper & probably very controlling.

I’m curious about motive. I tend to think he
Killed EJ for gain. He wanted her home because of his age he was tired of drifting and harder to lure away young vulnerable woman.

For Denise, I think the gain was the baby.

For Allentown victims, I’m not sure. I think the gain was possibly freedom from responsibility. Too many to care for... also they may have been becoming harder to care for because they were all sick/ unhealthy.

If MCs Mom was murdered too, possibly the gain was the Baby?

My take on Rasmussen is he started using aliases once his divorce was eminent . I think at this point in order to avoid child support and alimony he started using an alias. Probably difficult to get a skilled job with no references .

My feelings about his relationships is he may have targeted woman who had children and were single to use them. Or they were obtainable to him . I think the reason for this would be that they could apply for assistance and he could count on a place to live . Surprising for about 12 years after his parole he essentially disappears until he meets his next meal ticket Eunsoon. What I think could of happened is that when they would threaten to leave him he became angry and killed them. probably in a fit of rage. I also at times think that he may of wanted to be caught . Probably too ill and tired of hiding and being on the run.

My feeling about the Allenstown victims is they probably could be on some social services list where they applied for assistance or they had assistance and then just stopped collecting.

Anyways, just random thoughts. Frustrating not having any solid idea , grasp on everything / anything really.

Basically the threat of rejection was the trigger.

Where EJ was killed after the advent of the information super highway, I wonder if she stumbled upon who he really was or that he had ties to the A4 victims. Or maybe she discovered he wasn't who he said he was, even if she didn't know his true identity. I think that could have been a motive, as well: to keep the truth hidden.
I can't help but wonder if he looked up himself and/or the NH case when the internet came along. Since the second barrel was discovered in 2000, it most likely would have made the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital