Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

2) why are the nasty comments made by the diver, to the media okay with everyone?

Well for one thing, how would you feel of you were risking your life to save a bunch of kids trapped in a cave, and some publicity seeking billionaire shows up with a preposterous mini-submarine that he threw together in three days with a bunch of spare parts, and claims it will save the kids? You take a look at it and see that it wouldn't even fit in the cave. Maybe you would be a bit irritated? If he wasn't a billionaire, and he did that, everybody would think he was just a kook. There are real heros and there are fake heros. Which are which is easy to see.

I guess ABC is in Australia, as I was looking for the television show this article was talking about but it is an Australian paper so I guess it wasn't in the US. At least yet?

ETA.... I see A B C stands for Australian Broadcasting Corporation, not American Broadcasting Corporation! :doh:

it looks like it will be online eventually, and I'll keep checking to see when it comes up at
2017 Episodes

Last edited:
Elon Musk reminds me of someone else who also reacts very poorly to public criticism or not having his ego stroked 24/7 - jmo, of course. If you're interested you can look up other articles about his bizarre behavior, mistreatment of Tesla employees, and possible violations of labor laws.
Reading through his Wikipedia page it's obvious that he is not a "people" person. His comments on public transportation are bizarre. I think he should take one of his rockets and go and live on Mars, by himself. I think that would be best for him, and for everyone on this planet.

ETA.... I see A B C stands for Australian Broadcasting Corporation, not American Broadcasting Corporation! :doh:
I always get the those two mixed up. I used to think that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation should change their name, so as not to be confused with the American Broadcasting Corporation, but it seems that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation has had the name longer then the American Broadcasting Corporation, 1923 vs 1943. So that is probably not going to happen.

This story confused me more with the Thai Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), not to be confused with the American Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). o_O

I guess ABC is in Australia, as I was looking for the television show this article was talking about but it is an Australian paper so I guess it wasn't in the US. At least yet?

it looks like it will be online eventually, and I'll keep checking to see when it comes up at
2017 Episodes

The entire 55 minute program is now online!

Out Of The Dark

A British cave diver who was instrumental in the rescue of 12 children trapped in a northern Thailand cave says he is considering legal action after the inventor Elon Musk called him a “pedo” on Twitter.

Asked if he would consider taking legal action against Musk, he told reporters: “Yes, it’s not finished.”

British cave diver considering legal action over Elon Musk's 'pedo' attack

#teamvern
Good for him. He should sue him in the US courts for at least 1 billion dollars. That would put that SOB in his place.

I just have to say that my heart soared when I saw the boys waving in the video. I know I'm not the only one who felt that way!

Do they know that the world is waving back?

I'll always remember the joy I felt that night/morning when we were all on this thread waiting and the moment we heard they were all out of the cave! What a moment!!

Namaste,

Thai boys wave to world from hospital safety

I just have to say that my heart soared when I saw the boys waving in the video. I know I'm not the only one who felt that way!

Do they know that the world is waving back?

I'll always remember the joy I felt that night/morning when we were all on this thread waiting and the moment we heard they were all out of the cave! What a moment!!

Namaste,

Thai boys wave to world from hospital safety

The whole thing has been a brilliant experience here, I’m almost afraid to go back to my usual not-so-happy cases...

Elon Musk reminds me of someone else who also reacts very poorly to public criticism or not having his ego stroked 24/7 - jmo, of course. If you're interested you can look up other articles about his bizarre behavior, mistreatment of Tesla employees, and possible violations of labor laws.

I'm afraid I viewed his efforts regarding the Thai Cave Rescue as a misguided PR stunt from the start; these latest nasty remarks support my initial impression. I do think he wanted to help, but I get a sense of entitlement & ego from him as well.

Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue 'pedo' in baseless attack

It wasn't just Unsworth he butted heads with, either.

Why is it so important to prove his submarine would have worked? Is he going to try for a reenactment just because of his pride? Why can't he just be happy that the rescue effort was successful and that all the boys and coach got out safely, regardless of whether his latest toy was used or not?

From the above link:

"On Sunday, when a Twitter user pointed out that Musk was “calling the guy who found the children a pedo”, the billionaire responded: “Bet ya a signed dollar it’s true.”

Intense criticism followed. Some Twitter users pointed out how “dangerous” and irresponsible it was to make such a serious allegation and to broadcast a potentially libelous insult to his 22 million followers.

Spokesmen for Musk and Tesla did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Later on Sunday, Musk deleted the “pedo” tweet and its follow-up."

The Thai army doctor who stayed with the boys until they could get out visited them in hospital. Lovely pictures, all hugging.

Two tweets
Twitter

Twitter

So nice to see they are allowed to hug people now. Must mean they are cleared from having any contagious infection or being at risk of catching something. JMO. Also wonderful to see a smiling group pic after the sad one.

Last edited:
From the above link:

"On Sunday, when a Twitter user pointed out that Musk was “calling the guy who found the children a pedo”, the billionaire responded: “Bet ya a signed dollar it’s true.”

Intense criticism followed. Some Twitter users pointed out how “dangerous” and irresponsible it was to make such a serious allegation and to broadcast a potentially libelous insult to his 22 million followers.

Spokesmen for Musk and Tesla did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Later on Sunday, Musk deleted the “pedo” tweet and its follow-up."

I just realised, the Hollywood movie has to have a villain somewhere right?

Good for him. He should sue him in the US courts for at least 1 billion dollars. That would put that SOB in his place.

I'm confused. Whom is suing whom? The Brit threw out the first insult by calling the sub a P.R. stunt, claimed that it wouldn't work and that Musk was immediately asked to leave when he arrived at the cave with his professional engineering team. Those are serious allegations against Musk's professional and business integrity as well as the other engineers who designed and built the submarine. Where is the proof to support these allegations? iirc, Musk does have text messages that prove he was asked to be there.

Is Unsworth a professional engineer? I don't believe he is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back