GA GA - Atlanta, WhtFem 172UFGA, 30-40, Jesus tattoo on hand, Jan'88

Her face is thin but 105 lbs. is not a bad weight for a 5-foot woman. It's about my mother's size, petite but not skinny.

I have been looking at this Jane Doe for years now:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/172ufga.html
The Doe Network:
Case File 172UFGA
172UFGA.jpg

Sketch of Victim by David R. Wood
Unidentified White Female

• [*]Located on January 13, 1988 in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia.
    [*]Cause of death was from assault.

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 30 - 40 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-1/2"; 105 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark reddish blonde 11" in length hair; green eyes. Mid-line abdominal scar suggests prior surgery.
    [*]Clothing: She was wearing a brown overcoat, blue jeans, thermal underwear, a gray vest, sneakers, nightgown and white panties. A watch/bracelet type
    [*]Tattoos/Scars: The word Jesus was tattooed on the back of her right hand. 2 old scars in right lower abdomen and a healed mid-line abdominal scar. Scar on lateral aspect of right forearm.
    [*]Fingerprints: Available
    [*]Dentals: She had gold crowns/caps on her two rear teeth.
    [*]DNA: Not Available
172ufga_tattoo.jpg

Tattoo

Case History
The victim was found on 1/13/88 on the north side of the roadway at Georgia I-20 expressway west of I-285. She had a marked head injury. The apparent victim of an assault, the victim was subsequently transported to Grady Memorial Hospital where she lived for five days prior to death.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Fulton Co. Medical Examiner's Office
404-730-4400
Email

Agency Case Number:
88-0128

NCIC Number:
U-400001656
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
FCMEO
UDRS

Helen Ann Morgan

morgan_helen.jpg

Above Images: Morgan
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May 13, 1984 from Barnesville, Lamar County, Georgia
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: July 12, 1957
Height: 5'7-5'9"
Weight: 114-120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel/blue
Race: White

Details of Disappearance
On May 13, 1984 Morgan received a telephone call around 7:00 p.m. The call may have been related to her work at the National Cash Register Company (Fayetteville, Georgia) in the computer center. Another call came in at approximately 10:00 p.m., again sounding work related. Upon hanging up, Morgan told her mother that she had to go to work to straighten out a problem with a computer. This was the last time Morgan's mother saw her. Morgan changed her clothes and left the residence. Morgan's mother did not see what she was wearing when she left home.
On May 16, 1984, a vehicle belonging to Helen Ann Morgan was discovered at Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport, apparently abandoned in the south terminal parking lot. During the investigation, Morgan was described as being not the type to leave without notifying anyone. Prior to Morgan's disappearance, Morgan did not seem upset nor had she made any indication that she was making plans to travel. Since Morgan's disappearance, no purchases or any activity has been noted on any of Morgan's financial accounts.
Helen Ann Morgan has left an ex-husband and a daughter. Before her divorce was final in February or March of 1984, Morgan confided to her mother that she believed she was being followed.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Lamar County Sheriff's Department
770-358-5159

Source Information
Namus

I think Helen is a good match, but her height is off. Thing is in her picture in relation to the man next to her she doesn't seem super tall to me. She just looks SO MUCH like the Jane Doe and went missing from GA a few years earlier. Seems like Helen was paranoid that someone was after her. Left behind her ex-husband and daughter.

Hi DaisyChains,

I've always thought this was Irin Meyer. I believe she may have been abducted and kept for several years. Take a look at her pictures and imagine her 25 lbs thinner and compare with the post mortem photos. Height, eye colour, etc. are all consistent.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15231/21

Without DNA, though, there's no way to compare. If it was Irin, though, she probably had a horrific 9 years after she disappeared.

Hi DaisyChains,

I've always thought this was Irin Meyer. I believe she may have been abducted and kept for several years. Take a look at her pictures and imagine her 25 lbs thinner and compare with the post mortem photos. Height, eye colour, etc. are all consistent.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15231/21

Without DNA, though, there's no way to compare. If it was Irin, though, she probably had a horrific 9 years after she disappeared.

There is a resemblence, but I tend to think Helen looks more like her. Thank you for contributing to the thread :)

Here is a comparison between Helen and the UID. Helen went missing 4 years prior. Seems like she might have been running away from something. Good thing is Helen is not on the rule outs, but her sample is submitted and incomplete. Maybe once it is complete there will be a match.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• jane doe.JPG
    jane doe.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 50
  • helen.jpeg
    helen.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 48
In the photo of her tattoo, is there an "!" before the word Jesus?

Missing Person Case

Francis D. Crownover.

-Right age
-Exact height
-Exact weight
-Had possible mental illness issues, and apparently left of her own accord.
-Hamilton County is about an hour and a half from Atlanta.
-She went missing 1 1/2 MONTHS before Jane Doe was found.
-She could have drifted to Atlanta with someone.
-Also, she had gone to bed before she walked out of her home, which could account for the nightgown part of her outfit.

As someone with tattoos and a lot of friends with hand tattoos, I can't help but notice how "fresh" her ink is. Like it's been done within a year or two before her death. The black isn't faded at all, the lines aren't blown out at all, there's no fall out. All of that are signs of a fresh-er hand tattoo since we wash and use our hands so often.

Did you try the "forgot password" link in the bottom left of the login box?

Haha yes, but even after making a new password I was still locked out because it's the same email. About to try again now. Thank you again for your help. I'm still getting used to the new NamUs.

some women from NamUs - let me know if any girl stands out or anyone has an opinion!
(I didn't discount anyone for a higher weight - it seems the UID had been through some hard times, could have been pimp connected, and could have lost weight)

Karen Ann Harmon - in the height/weight range, last seen on the other side of the country in 1982 + comparison w UID. Imo her nose might be a little too long but hard to tell w the PM's angle.
Original
Original

Terry Lynn Gayton - facially looks similar but unlikely as she apparently has an unknown tattoo on her shoulder (but then again, can't find much on this tattoo)
Original

Mary Jo Thompson - right height, weight, "dark auburn" hair. Has abdominal scars. Was a couch surfer and sold drugs. Apparently has small scars on her face but with the UID PM, it's a bit washed out and hard to see. hair NOT an afro naturally - wore permed
Original

Elizabeth Noleeka Crawford - circumstances sound more like foul play but theres always a chance... has an abdominal scar, pierced ears, and two moles on the left side of her face (for the life of me i can't see them in her pictures, so i wouldn't discount her completely due to the moles)

elizabeth_noleeka_j._crawford_2.jpg

Marilyn Denise Waltz - red hair, green eyes, Cesarean scar, 2 inches taller than UID. Can't find any disappearance circumstances.
marilyn_denice_waltz_1.jpg

Linne Marie Dominelli - right height, close weight, has long strawberry blonde hair. Foul play suspected and ransacked car found in Cali, far away from the UID.
Original

Kimberly Rae Doss - around the right height, hazel eyes, auburn hair. Her picture is good quality and you can see that her eyebrows are thick/wider on the distal ends, like the UID's.
Original
Original

Denise Ordene (Stark) Fraley - similar height and weight, has a nose that looks like the UID's. Hair might be too dark but it's hard to tell with the pictures provided. Her 'details of disappearance' are CRAZY! Spousal abuse, husband filed for divorce, was a drug courier, wanted by the Mafia for stealing money?? Her story is wild enough that I can see how she could have ended up in UID's circumstances, and she lived about a day's drive away from Atlanta.
denise_ordene_fraley_1.jpg

What do you all think about Birdie Lucille Thomas Leonard?

]UID623.jpg Birdie Leonard.jpg
NamUs #MP8555
Name:
Birdie Lucille Thomas Leonard
AKA: Birdie Lucille Leonard, Birdie Fletcher Thomas, Cille Leonard
Case Number: M8601020
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible

Height: 5' 2 "
Date of Birth: 01/04/1957
Eye Color: Green

Weight: 115 lbs.
Age Missing: 28
Sex: Female

Last Seen in: Coleman (Coleman)
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Last Seen on: 09/11/1985

Circumstances: Ms. Leonard has a surgical scar on her abdomen. At the time of her disappearance she wore glasses.

mpDetails
Birdie Lucille Thomas Leonard – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Her picture on all the sites is the same small black and white, unfortunately.
It's not good for hair color, because it almost looks a dark blonde in the picture. And can't tell if that's smudging or what that may be creating the look of a cleft chin.

I do like her as a potential match.
Obviously I like the fact that Birdie and the UID have matching abdominal scars. Add to that, right height, right age, green eyes, wide set eyes with long eye brows, and thin lips.
And maybe "Jesus" was her pimp out of Texas, since Birdie seems to have a number of alias'.

What do you all think about Birdie Lucille Thomas Leonard?

]View attachment 190088 View attachment 190086
NamUs #MP8555
Name:
Birdie Lucille Thomas Leonard
AKA: Birdie Lucille Leonard, Birdie Fletcher Thomas, Cille Leonard
Case Number: M8601020
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible

Height: 5' 2 "
Date of Birth: 01/04/1957
Eye Color: Green

Weight: 115 lbs.
Age Missing: 28
Sex: Female

Last Seen in: Coleman (Coleman)
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Last Seen on: 09/11/1985

Circumstances: Ms. Leonard has a surgical scar on her abdomen. At the time of her disappearance she wore glasses.

mpDetails
Birdie Lucille Thomas Leonard – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Her picture on all the sites is the same small black and white, unfortunately.
It's not good for hair color, because it almost looks a dark blonde in the picture. And can't tell if that's smudging or what that may be creating the look of a cleft chin.

I do like her as a potential match.
Obviously I like the fact that Birdie and the UID have matching abdominal scars. Add to that, right height, right age, green eyes, wide set eyes with long eye brows, and thin lips.
And maybe "Jesus" was her pimp out of Texas, since Birdie seems to have a number of alias'.

I saw Birdie when I was scrolling through NamUs, but I discounted her due to her unique cleft chin that I couldn't see on the UID's postmortem ... I guess it is possible that shadows/smudges are accentuating her chin, and if not for the facial differences, I think she could be a good match.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back