NV NV - Antelope, WhtFem 20-35, UP9027, nude in cave, clothing/items nearby, dental restorations Sep'86

So my question is they exhumed her skeleton, Did they test her hair for drugs? I would love to see what isotope testing says about where she's from, I know that it's terribly expensive to do and this case isn't one of those super famous ones, but I feel like there has got to be something somewhere that will give us better clues.

They said that the type of ulcers were the ones found with burn victims or with people who die of hypothermia, but she was battling them for almost a year, correct? That makes me think that she had been living a transient lifestyle for at least that long, possibly since she became an adult? If she had severe enough mental illness that would explain the cave and maybe the lack of drugs.

Since I noticed it hadn't been added, here's another reconstruction from NamUs:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 86_1804_Facial_Sketch.jpg
    86_1804_Facial_Sketch.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 64
So my question is they exhumed her skeleton, Did they test her hair for drugs? I would love to see what isotope testing says about where she's from, I know that it's terribly expensive to do and this case isn't one of those super famous ones, but I feel like there has got to be something somewhere that will give us better clues.

They said that the type of ulcers were the ones found with burn victims or with people who die of hypothermia, but she was battling them for almost a year, correct? That makes me think that she had been living a transient lifestyle for at least that long, possibly since she became an adult? If she had severe enough mental illness that would explain the cave and maybe the lack of drugs.

From post #1 of this thread:
A tox test showed negative for drugs/alcohol.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/885dftx.html

She has DNA, is way out of the age range, and too tall but her nose looks prominent and the fact that she had bleeding ulcers is mentioned. She seemed to have other medical issues that would have likely been noted for the UID though if present

From the photos I've seen of Gail, the nose looks nothing like the doe's. The doe's side profile and bridge of nose is very striking in the post mortems.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know. So far we don't have any side photos of Gail but it looks to me like her nose could be fairly prominent.

This lady was posted to CP today. She reminds me a lot of our cave lady.

Missing from Texas since 1980, not reported until 2008. 5'6, same height as doe. Her age in 1986 would have been 26. Her nose looks quite similar as well.

Kelle Ferstrom

Kelle Renee Ferstrom – The Charley Project

Attachments

• inCollage_20180715_110632357.jpg
    inCollage_20180715_110632357.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 46
NamUs MP # 34617 Vickie Smock. Status: Sample available - Not yet submitted
Fingerprint information is available and entered

How do we see if this Doe has DNA in NamUs? I'm not seeing Vickie on the rule out list, I entered her to be compared to this Doe.

This lady was posted to CP today. She reminds me a lot of our cave lady.

Missing from Texas since 1980, not reported until 2008. 5'6, same height as doe. Her age in 1986 would have been 26. Her nose looks quite similar as well.

Kelle Ferstrom

Kelle Renee Ferstrom – The Charley Project

She's in NamUs

Last edited:
Apologies for the bump and the (probably) amateurishness of this post, but I was looking at this case and I found some possible matches; I'm new to this largely so I'm not sure of how much use they will be, but I haven't seen these missing people mentioned on this thread yet and I haven't found any of these people among the exclusions on NamUs.

544DFTX - Phyllis Eleanor Berry & Missing Person Case - Phyllis Eleanor Berry. The location of disappearance and time between the Doe's discovery and Phyllis last seen make me doubt this, but their faces both look quite similar to me. Also no mention of a child, but in that gap there is a potential that could have occurred? Not sure.

I listed Kelle Renee Ferstrom in a list I made, but someone has already mentioned her so I will not mention it again here.

Missing Person Case - Regina Kubicek. I would normally not list a listing such as this, as there is not even an image and no matter how much I scour the internet, I can not find one, but something that stood out to me is that Kubicek was married once and in that marriage had a child, which matches up with the Doe. Again, location and time are a stretch, though.

Missing Person Case - Marie Morgan. IMO, this case has one of the strongest ties to the case of the Doe. The location in which she went missing is not very far at all from where the Doe was discovered (Morgan went missing in Las Vegas), although the 6 year gap between the last contact and discovery makes me doubt it slightly as that could lead one to the conclusion that she stayed in the same area. I found a probable related missing person's case (The Doe Network: Case File 3567DMNV - Gabriel Vincent); this case also involves a Marie Morgan, although it is notable that the date of Morgan's disappearance is February 1980 instead of May 1980 like in NamUs. However, the locations are so similar it's hard to believe that this Marie Morgan wasn't the same as the missing person. If they are the same person, then it's notable that a rumor spread of Gabriel Vincent and Marie Morgan having an affair.

Small update: I reported the three potential matches to the NamUs contact (Rick Jones), am awaiting a response. Hopefully submitting potential matches is better than not submitting at all.

Good luck with NamUs even replying. They're the pits these days
I guess. I haven't had much luck with responses on UID cases period. Maybe I need to call more, hmm.

Depending on which lab the processing is going through, and what sort of confirmation has to be done, it looks like lag times are running in the one to two year range for older cases that aren't being actively pushed by a law enforcement agency or medical examiner's office.

A few potential matches I came across, they don’t appear to have been suggested previously, some are long shots but I figure it’s been so long now, it can’t hurt to try. If anyone sees one they think is a good match, please feel free to submit!

Judy Ann Gary
B20A86E3-EC31-4F9E-BD42-A519FDA40532.jpeg 3680224B-73BD-4BCB-BAAB-028770C71581.jpeg DCE4362E-7BF1-46A1-BB59-64E3948DFC41.jpeg
St. Martinville, Louisiana - August 1, 1986
19 year old white female
5 feet 2 inches, 120-130 pounds
dark hair, green/unknown color eyes (?)
-went to the pharmacy on foot to run an errand for her mother and never returned from the pharmacy. At the time of her disappearance, she was married and had a child. She disappeared sometime in late summer/August 1986-the exact date is unknown. Using default date of August 1, 1986 to enter info.

Cynthia Mae Schmidt
5C35FF92-C638-4509-9EE6-83292232B78C.jpeg DCE4362E-7BF1-46A1-BB59-64E3948DFC41.jpeg
August 6, 1986 - St. Cloud, Minnesota
18 year old white female
5 feet 5 inches, 135 pounds
strawberry blond hair, blue eyes

Cynthia Dyann Coleman
63FB28F9-65F0-4E6E-AF20-9FB051C946B4.jpeg DCE4362E-7BF1-46A1-BB59-64E3948DFC41.jpeg
Barona, California - September 3, 1986
23 year old white female
5 feet, 110 pounds
strawberry blond hair, brown eyes
-Cynthia Coleman left her residence on the Barona Indian Reservation to go to a local supermarket to give away kittens. Her mother reported her missing on September 8, 1986, after she did not return home.

Paget Renee Barr
2D19B949-5F56-4B9B-9287-A9690F31780D.jpeg 05793C03-5E3A-4919-A5C9-D813A4119FA5.jpeg DCE4362E-7BF1-46A1-BB59-64E3948DFC41.jpeg
July 26, 1986 - Oroville, California
29 year old white female
5 feet 4 inches, 120 pounds
brown/red hair, brown eyes
-Paget was dating a man who was known to be an enforcer for the Hells Angels. The police report shows she was with a male friend to pick up money at a Western Union on Saturday, July 26, 1986. On Sunday the 27th, her friend came back to the house where she was staying and when asked where Paget was, he responded with "Isn't she here?". He stated that he last saw Paget when she got into a blue 280z with her boyfriend at the bus station on the 26th. She has not been seen or heard from since.

Elizabeth Noleeka Crawford
99EB297C-5B7D-41D5-969C-07E0701AB262.jpeg AFF15104-0A66-43A2-ACC2-C15567FD1ABD.jpeg DCE4362E-7BF1-46A1-BB59-64E3948DFC41.jpeg
July 19, 1986 - Simpsonville, South Carolina
32 year old white female
5 feet 2 inches - 5 feet 6 inches, 120-130 pounds
brown hair frosted blonde, hazel eyes
-Left home to go to a friends home and never arrived. Her car found at a manufacturing plant six miles away. Date of last contact was 07/19/1986.

Theresa Ann Bier
5735596A-0178-4550-A767-92B4CAF43758.jpeg DCE4362E-7BF1-46A1-BB59-64E3948DFC41.jpeg
June 1, 1986 - Fresno, California
15 year old white female
5 feet 5 inches, 110 pounds
brown hair, hazel eyes
-Theresa Ann Bier, of Fresno has not been seen since she and a man, reportedly became separated in the mountains after they had gone to look for Sasquatch, the legendary creature also known as Bigfoot. The man, a self-proclaimed student of Bigfoot, went camping with Theresa in June near Shuteye Peak, about 25 miles northeast of Bass Lake, and was questioned by deputies when he returned without her. His explanation was that Bigfoot had abducted her. Foul play is suspected. Searches throughout that region produced no sign of Bier; she has never been seen again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back