Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to the same extent they said the Duchess of Cambridge was a commoner who has never done a days work in her life and didn’t deserve to be part of the Royal Family. People online are insisting that Meghan is a fake who is acting the role of her life and using the Royal Family to increase her public profile. I don’t know why people are so vindictive and can’t just let them be happy.
BBM

I could be very wrong about their motives, but I expect we’ve all seen people of color in certain positions viewed as undeserving for no valid reason other than their color. Of course, those saying such things on SM rarely admit that there is a racial component to their comments. Most will find something else upon which to pin their opinions, but there is a very strong racist underbelly in society that expresses itself loudly and clearly if we listen. I would not be the least bit surprised if they can't stand the idea of mixed race Royal children. Harry fell in love with Meghan for many reasons, I’m sure, so I hope she can hold her head up, ignore these comments and follow the motto “When they go low, we go high.” JMO

I am absolutely shocked at the hatred there is for the Duchess of Sussex on social media and the determination on people’s part to somehow expose her as a fraud and drive her out of the Royal Family. I wasn’t aware that this was happening. Some people are absolutely delighted at what Thomas and Samantha are doing. They are very sad and miserable individuals.

Calling Meghan a fraud is a bit much, however, there is something slightly self-serving about her. She certainly is a social climber, but there are plenty of people in the world who are like that.

Wishing her a bad marriage is terrible, instead, let her haters wish her well. I don't see them being happy for more than a few years, Meghan has way too many issues. Her life history has shown that she doesn't know how to repair relationship issues. As I've posted before, it is very telling that Meghan had zero relatives, childhood friends, college friends, or pre-Suites friends at her wedding. She does not appear to be a loyal person. Who are her friends in England? What relationships has she built while living in England (pre-marriage)?
I don't hate her, but even Stevie Wonder can clearly see what Meghan is like.

It was in Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr. Tumblr is the worst one account even has a supposed PR expert dishing dirt about the Duchess. It is horrendous. I can’t link or post anything from the accounts per Websleuths rules but I’m absolutely shocked at the venom being unleashed towards the Duchess. I don’t know if it is just bitter women who are jealous of her.

Thank you, I appreciate the update! I know it hits your way first and I try to avoid adding to the Click frenzy contest by googling it for this antic type.

Prince Louis, lovely picture

DiNyHdzWsAAEb6_.jpg:large

Kensington Palace on Twitter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have released an additional photograph taken following the christening of Prince Louis. The Duke and Duchess hope that everyone enjoys this lovely photograph of Prince Louis as much as they do.

Calling Meghan a fraud is a bit much, however, there is something slightly self-serving about her. She certainly is a social climber, but there are plenty of people in the world who are like that.

Wishing her a bad marriage is terrible, instead, let her haters wish her well. I don't see them being happy for more than a few years, Meghan has way too many issues. Her life history has shown that she doesn't know how to repair relationship issues. As I've posted before, it is very telling that Meghan had zero relatives, childhood friends, college friends, or pre-Suites friends at her wedding. She does not appear to be a loyal person. Who are her friends in England? What relationships has she built while living in England (pre-marriage)?

Wasn't Serena Williams at the wedding? She is friends with Meghan, from what I understand.

I think it's a bit unfair to criticize the amount of someone's friends. I haven't kept in touch with most of my childhood friends and didn't invite them to my wedding - and my wedding was in my hometown, not across the ocean. I have fond memories of childhood friendships and not inviting them is not a reflection on my fondness - just didn't have the bonds after 20 years.

Knowing several people in the acting field, I've noticed it seems difficult for them to have friendships in the same way most of us do - they are intensely involved with their work, which may mean "regular" friendships are hard to maintain, but current cast members form a family-like atmosphere on the job....until they move on to a different job.

I don't fault Meghan for not having lots of relatives. She's her mother's only child and her step-siblings seem like unkind people.

JMOpinion, sticking up for the "friendless"

Last edited:
Queen Charlotte, wife of King George the Third (1770s) was the first known bi-racial Royal.
Although she was born and raised in Germany, she had one grandparent who was African. She and King George had 15 children, 13 of whom survived into adulthood.

Meghan is not the first mixed race person in the Royal Family.

As for the Duchesses and their friends, I have never heard/seen any friends of Kate either. She has a larger, intact family than Meghan so she had relatives at the wedding but I do not recall any mention of friends, past or present.

The Middleton clan seem to be a very closed shop, they hang out with one another exclusively.

I see Meghan and her mother Doria as a duo, a very small family unto themselves.
They were often seen arm-in-arm when she was filming in Toronto.

I think Mr. Markle has been out of Meghans' life for awhile.

Neither Duchess has any friends from what I can see and Kate has been in England all of her life. She also went to very prestigious schools and seems to have no school chums.

Queen Charlotte, wife of King George the Third (1770s) was the first known bi-racial Royal.
Although she was born and raised in Germany, she had one grandparent who was African. She and King George had 15 children, 13 of whom survived into adulthood.

Meghan is not the first mixed race person in the Royal Family.

Very interesting JDG! I never knew that.

Here is a link indicating the African (moorish) relative was quite far removed, and that even though Charlotte had African features, they were viewed as “undesirable” and not shown in portraits.
Five Things to Know About Queen Charlotte | Smart News Arts & Culture | Smithsonian

Of course back a couple of centuries ago, the Royal family had more power over critics, and the common people didn’t have social media. :) Meghan lives in a very different world and I hope she can ignore her family’s and the naysayer’s comments about her, regardless of their motivation.

Well, certainly since the House of Windsor has existed, they have tried very hard to keep the information on the down low.

Most of us know they changed their German surnames to a single Anglo surname and that they try to 'hide' the fact that they have Nazi sympathizers or worse in the family but I bet more than 90% of the English people are not aware of Queen Charlottes' heritage. I know that the English people in my own family were unaware of this and that is very recent. Many of them have been to university as well, so it's not a lack of education, its just not even in the education system.
Revisionist history, so to speak.

Over the centuries, there have been children born into the RF who have been segregated, raised in cottages away from the family etc. It was said that it was due to mental incapacity or physical defects but I've often wondered if there wasn't the occasional genetic 'throw back' that had to be removed from sight.

Well, certainly since the House of Windsor has existed, they have tried very hard to keep the information on the down low.

Most of us know they changed their German surnames to a single Anglo surname and that they try to 'hide' the fact that they have Nazi sympathizers or worse in the family but I bet more than 90% of the English people are not aware of Queen Charlottes' heritage. I know that the English people in my own family were unaware of this and that is very recent. Many of them have been to university as well, so it's not a lack of education, its just not even in the education system.
Revisionist history, so to speak.

Over the centuries, there have been children born into the RF who have been segregated, raised in cottages away from the family etc. It was said that it was due to mental incapacity or physical defects but I've often wondered if there wasn't the occasional genetic 'throw back' that had to be removed from sight.

Given that history, it’s refreshing that Queen Elizabeth, Charles, Harry and presumably the rest of the current Royal Family have embraced Meghan (despite what tabloids would have us believe). I don’t think the Queen is faking her enjoyment of Meghan’s company.

I rather imagine that the difficulties Meghan and Harry might face as a Royal mixed-race couple were thoroughly discussed to make sure their love is strong enough to withstand what is coming their way. I believe it is.

There is a very interesting article in The Guardian, 'Was This Britains First Black Queen?'

In the article, it suggests that the consort of Edward the Third, Philippa of Hainault was also a black Queen.

It's an excellent article, full of information but I cannot make a link.

If anyone feels like linking it, I would really appreciate it. Merci.

I believe Queen Charlotte was the grandmother of Queen Victoria and all of Victorias' children married into other Royal Families in Europe.

This heritage doesn't just pertain to the British RF but to ALL of the RFs in existence.

I would hope that Harry and Meghan do not have a lot of 'racial fallout' in 2018.

Repair relationships?

Sometimes it is best to cut a person out of your life entirely. It seems like she has plenty of relatives that are best ignored. Maybe the relationships would be corrected with huge infusions of cash , a villa or two, and front page covers of au courant magazines. However, my guess is that the perks given would never be enough. They would feel that they were entitled to more and more.

I feel it was and is an excellent choice on her part

I can’t find the article in the Guardian JLD, but I think this quote is quite to the point I made in my earlier comment about a possible racist motivation of some critics.

Regardless of any distant African ancestry, both Queen Charlotte and Queen Philippa understood themselves as white and were treated as such by the society around them.

Markle is certainly the first member of the Royal Family to have such an immediate biracial heritage - and, perhaps even more importantly, the first to acknowledge and embrace her status as a person of colour.

Will Meghan Markle be Britain’s first mixed-race royal?
BBM

Lilibet, if you google Queen Charlotte, its the sixth item to come up.
Starts with Stuart Jeffries......he is the author. Its full of great information.

When I was last in England, I was at the grave of Prince Edward, the Black Prince. When I learned about him, the name was said to be due to the fact that he used black armour when fighting. Turns out he was always known as Le Noir, from childhood but that was not even mentioned on the plaque at his grave.

I wonder if the Queen isn't actually quite relieved, knowing that it will no longer matter if the history comes to light given that Prince Harry has a biracial wife.

Prince Louis, lovely picture

DiNyHdzWsAAEb6_.jpg:large

Kensington Palace on Twitter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have released an additional photograph taken following the christening of Prince Louis. The Duke and Duchess hope that everyone enjoys this lovely photograph of Prince Louis as much as they do.

The single cutest royal picture ever!! Just brings a smile to my face and an inner "awwww".

Wasn't Serena Williams at the wedding? She is friends with Meghan, from what I understand.

I think it's a bit unfair to criticize the amount of someone's friends. I haven't kept in touch with most of my childhood friends and didn't invite them to my wedding - and my wedding was in my hometown, not across the ocean. I have fond memories of childhood friendships and not inviting them is not a reflection on my fondness - just didn't have the bonds after 20 years.

Knowing several people in the acting field, I've noticed it seems difficult for them to have friendships in the same way most of us do - they are intensely involved with their work, which may mean "regular" friendships are hard to maintain, but current cast members form a family-like atmosphere on the job....until they move on to a different job.

I don't fault Meghan for not having lots of relatives. She's her mother's only child and her step-siblings seem like unkind people.

JMOpinion, sticking up for the "friendless"

Good point about the difficulty of maintaining certain types of relationships when working in certain industries.
I still stick by my observations. Having not a single friend at your wedding (except industry friends) says something.
Kate Middleton certainly had friends at her wedding. The press was always taking pictures of Kate with her friends. The press was so intrusive about taking pictures of Kate and Prince William they were eventually prohibited from being within a certain radius of the campus and not allowed to take pictures of them at certain places.

If she wasn't a modern day Cinderella literally marrying a prince, I think even more people would take note of her absence of friends at the wedding and not having made friends after moving to England.
I see nothing wrong with her not inviting her siblings, we have all seen how nasty and unpredictable they are. It was a happy day for her; her siblings aren't happy for her.

I pray that she and her mother are always loyal to each other, what a special bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam