Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone is interested:

On Sunday June 24, 2018, the Blairstown Museum will present "The Unsolved Case of Princess Doe" with Guest Speakers Lt. Stephen Speirs ( Ret. ) Warren County Prosecutor's Office and Lt. Eric Kranz ( Ret. ) Blairstown Police Department . Plus hear from Christie Leigh Napurano, Author of The Untold Story of Princess Doe.

More info about the event here:
The Unsolved Case of Princess Doe

36UFNJ16_LARGE.jpg

Lots of info at link below:

LINK:

36UFNJ

Yesterday was 36 years since she was found. I rode by this cemetery again a week or so ago. Hard not to start thinking about this case.

I've been wanting to go visit her grave too :( I remember reading about this case back when I was a little kid :( it still freaks me out that so much time has passed and they still don't know who she is :(

I decided to do a better reconstruction of her. Not the best, but my depiction. Using her skull, I created her face. Lots of recons show “good front teeth” but they were really crooked. I wish I could maybe do this as a job.

Attachments

• 9134C761-7C59-49EC-9069-F7E4ADC62602.png
    9134C761-7C59-49EC-9069-F7E4ADC62602.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 99
1290DFMD - Karen Beth Kamsch
KKamsch.jpg
KKamsch2.jpg

The image on the right has been age progressed to 52 years.

Name: Karen Beth Kamsch
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 01, 1976
Location Last Seen: Pasadena, Anne Arundel County, Maryland

Physical Description
Date of Birth: January 19, 1962
Race: White
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
In 1976, Karen's grandmother, Olga Kamsch, looked for the teenager at home when she failed to show up for school. She found Karen's belongings, including her winter coat, but not Karen. Karen had moved in with her grandmother on Wishing Rock Road in Pasadena before she vanished because she was having problems with her family.

Family members told police that as a child, Karen was a straight A student who was so smart she skipped sixth grade. It was after the advancement of grade levels that Karen started hanging with the wrong crowd and getting into trouble. She ran away a couple of times and got into normal teenage trouble.

Police were told Karen's father and her grandmother, who has since died, reported the disappearance to police, but detectives don't have records of that report. Checks of computer systems have been unable to verify Karen Kamsch's existence since 1976.

On May 15, 2007, police formally filed a missing-person report. According to school officials Karen attended Brooklyn Park Senior High School through at least June 1976. After talking to family members, police have reason to think Karen may have been abused. Detectives believe her disappearance is suspicious in nature and she may have been murdered.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Anne Arundel County Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Jason DiPietro
Agency Phone Number: 410-222-8050
Agency E-Mail: P91249@aacounty.org
Agency Case Number: 07719714

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 2387
NCMEC Case Number: 1078814

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC
The Baltimore Sun

Admin Notes
Added: 9/13/07; Last Updated: 11/7/17

Questions or comments? Please contact appropriate member of the Area Team

** Listed information is from the time of disappearance

One theory was submitted that Princess Doe may have been a runaway and could have been an individual using false names while employed at a hotel in Ocean City, Maryland. Six people have recently come forward with suspected identities of Princess Doe.

Karen is on the list of possible matches on the Princess Doe website, but looks like they haven't updated it in years

Idk if Karen was ever compared. I’ll ask my friend from Doe network to look into it.

Karen doesn’t have a DNA sample if I can remember correctly, and her parents are deceased.

I was just linked this case after joining recently, I'm going to be compiling my own thoughts and notes in this comment for the time being. Please feel free to comment.

A search of missing persons from 1982 in Florida revealed a female subject, listed as Jane Doe, whose body was found in Pompano Beach, Fl. Subject in question bares at least a passing resemblance to 'Princess'.

Ref:
NCMEC: 1184233 - NCIC: U860019760 - NamUS: 1276
Link: Have you seen this child? JANE DOE1982
Notes:

1. Similarities in Supraorbital ridge and general forehead shape, nasal bridge-line, mouth/lip shape, eye shape. Age group approximately the same; both unknown teens to early 20s. Subjects discovered within 1 month of eachother. Status of both: deceased.

2. Updated 'Princess' information link? Ref:
NCMEC: 1102461 - NCIC: U630870962 - NamUS: 1513
Link: Have you seen this child? JANE DOE1982

3. Age similarity, connection to Florida through admission of runaway status from father, at the time employed as a dentist in Florida.

Edit #1 04272019 1601hrs: Search of web discovered report of second missing person described above. Included in information was post-mortem report incidcating subject was discovered with a gold chain with purple beads on it.
Ref Link: https:///forum/index.php?threads/br...nd-in-deerfield-beach-pond-20-june-1982.5986/

To do: Search of dentists working in Pompano Beach during year of 1982.

In case anyone is interested:

On Sunday June 24, 2018, the Blairstown Museum will present "The Unsolved Case of Princess Doe" with Guest Speakers Lt. Stephen Speirs ( Ret. ) Warren County Prosecutor's Office and Lt. Eric Kranz ( Ret. ) Blairstown Police Department . Plus hear from Christie Leigh Napurano, Author of The Untold Story of Princess Doe.

More info about the event here:
The Unsolved Case of Princess Doe
Are they doing this again this year? I think it is very forward thinking of them but it needs more advertisement.

Princess Doe haunts me. The fact that they found from areas around her eyes that she was wearing makeup led to a theory about sex work, but i find that theory disrespectful.

It's not disrespectful if it's a realistic possibility. If she was indeed a runaway "survival s*x" behaviors would not be too out of place.

I honestly wonder if a billboard with her info would bring forward some tips. Realistically familial DNA could solve this case.

I still am on the hunch that this is Karen Kamsch

I think she is Kathleen Kelly, and I don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam