Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure an after market version would work perfectly fine. For example, an after market radio could've been installed with blue tooth. I had a car that had an after market radio. Whether or not the aftermarket system could confirm when disconnections / connections happened I'm not sure. Things I do know though:

- Modern Bluetooth is very much you go into your "infotainment" screen and disconnect another device to connect your phone / device. If no-one disconnects in the mean time, your phone will still connect when you enter the car. For example, in my car (2016 MY) I get it and it automatically plays my music, phone connects for hands free etc.
- I am also an Uber driver so I can confirm if he had fares that day, it is so easy for both him or his passengers to show where he was at any given time. Uber is suprisingly transparent, especially from a driver's POV. Every passenger knows what we look like, what we drive, our rego and our rating all before we've even picked them up.

I’ve been fascinated by the following quote & initially assumed it was a case of bad wording. Then I saw it in multiple articles from different media sources, yet some said the same thing with slightly different wording. Perhaps it was a case of poor/inaccurate reporting, but after further thought, perhaps it isn’t.

Here is the quote : ‘Mr Fisher said the investigation of communications data concluded "the deceased and her mobile telephone were in the car the accused was driving".’

It can be found here : Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears

The part I found fascinating is that investigation of the communications data concluded that ‘the deceased and her mobile’ were in the car the accused was driving.

How can the data conclude that Karen was with her phone?

After much thought as to what particular phone sensors might be able to distinguish that, and also send their data out of the handset, I came up with nothing.

Then I realised that some devices people carry do interface with their phone & the data is sometimes broadcast out of the phone as part of the device’s app - specifically fitness devices like the Fitbit.

These devices use sensors to detect steps taken(by vibration), stairs climbed(with an altimeter), and more (sometimes even including the user’s pulse) and the device sends this data by Bluetooth to the user’s mobile phone. An app on the mobile phone then sends this data to a server which interfaces with a fitness website etc.

The broadcast of this data to server can be disabled, but it is enabled by default & disabling it results in some loss of device functionality.

If Karen was wearing such a device, it would send data to her her mobile phone, which would in turn regularly transmit some data to a server.

If Karen’s mobile phone is taken for a drive, but Karen (&and the device) don’t come along for the ride, her phone no longer receives a Bluetooth signal from the device & it stops sending data to the server.

If Karen’s mobile phone is taken for a drive, and her phone continues to send data from the device to the server, then Karen’s phone is within Bluetooth range (close proximity) of the device for the duration of that drive.

In the latter situation, given Borce’s phone was tracked along the same path with Karen’s phone(until he turned it off), we either believe that Borce drove with her body(still wearing Fitbit or similar) and phone in the car, or else we believe that after Karen went for a walk to clear her head, Borce drove Karen’s car & for some odd reason took both her phone & her Fitbit along for the ride...

For information about what these devices do & their phone apps then broadcast, check out How it works: We explain how your fitness tracker measures your daily steps or for further details, Google for ‘what data do fitness apps send’ sans quotes.

There have been murder convictions secured in the past where key parts of the evidence came from these devices.

My phone does loads: Samsung Health.
Steps I take, Heart monitoring such as Blood pressure estimates, anxiety levels etc.
Sometimes I check these levels, when sitting back, relaxing, to check 'if stressed', when thinking of a problem.
Similar to my 'fit bit': some give loads of info, all recorded and can be checked on your laptops. etc.
So if I was near death, I would think, all this, is recorded.

So cannot be near death today, as wish to hear what we have today.:D

Last edited:
Police say Mr Ristevski did not tell Sarah that her mother was missing on the day she went missing or ask whether she had heard from her mother.
What Ristevski did on day wife died

Was Sarah actually working at the shop that day?
Borce did not tell her that her mother was missing that day. He did not ask her had she heard from her. Yet they told the parents over dinner Karen was at Bella Bleu that night working.
But, but , but Sarah a 21 year old young woman she must have wondered ... where the hell is Mum?
If there are no calls or texts from Sarah to her Mum on the 29th from 10:43 am until she logged into her facebook account and asked all of Karen's friends had they seen her Mum the next day. I am going to have a lot of questions. I assume Mr Fisher will ask everyone of them.

Man this will be hard for Sarah to answer honestly while her father, the alleged murderer of her mother looks on from the dock. If she should look his way she will know the looks he gives, the expressions on his face. Will it be hatred and distain or a thank you look.
Karen's friends and relatives will be watching on as well......
Which way will she go.
I'm banking on Matt Fisher to get the absolute truth today.

He will be present for two weeks of witness statements at the Melbourne Magistrates Court that will determine if there is enough evidence to stand trial for murder.

Mr Ristevski has strenuously denied any involvement in the death of his wife.

Ristevski daughter to give evidence

Police say Mr Ristevski did not tell Sarah that her mother was missing on the day she went missing or ask whether she had heard from her mother.
What Ristevski did on day wife died

Was Sarah actually working at the shop that day?
Borce did not tell her that her mother was missing that day. He did not ask her had she heard from her. Yet they told the parents over dinner Karen was at Bella Bleu that night working.
But, but , but Sarah a 21 year old young woman she must have wondered ... where the hell is Mum?
If there are no calls or texts from Sarah to her Mum on the 29th from 10:43 am until she logged into her facebook account and asked all of Karen's friends had they seen her Mum. I am going to have a lot of questions. I assume Mr Fisher will ask everyone of them.

Could BR have only disposed of the body, due to....

My phone does loads: Samsung Health.
Steps I take, Heart monitoring such as Blood pressure estimates, anxiety levels etc.
Sometimes I check these levels, when sitting back, relaxing, to check 'if stressed', when thinking of a problem.
Similar to my 'fit bit': some give loads of info, all recorded and can be checked on your laptops. etc.
So if I was near death, I would think, all this, is recorded.

So cannot be near death today, as wish to hear what we have today.:D

Were these apps this advanced back in June 2016 and were the fit bits so popular?
It gives me hope, if we can believe Borce, that Karen regularly walked and might have worn one.

IIRC GBC said the same of Allison....

No near death for you today tmar as we need you on deck but I'm sure before this circus is over we'll all have a few pulpitations.

Were these apps this advanced back in June 2016 and were the fit bits so popular?
It gives me hope, if we can believe Borce, that Karen regularly walked and might have worn one.

No near death for you today tmar as we need you on deck but I'm sure before this circus is over we'll all have a few pulpitations.

Speaking to a Physio, a keen runner, late 2016, telling me of her monitoring: she introduced me to my basic fit bit, which does the above.
Far more advanced 'fit bits' were available then, when I purchased mine.

On the morning Ms Ristevski went missing Borce Ristevski was sleeping on the couch downstairs.

Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears

Seems the argument started prior to the morning :rolleyes:

Didn't get a good nights sleep Borce :eek::eek:

Strange how Allison supposedly slept on the couch as well, is there another woman around too???
Where did the recent endearing nick-names for each other come from? What were they Bazza and Kazza?.

The court heard the couple had been married for 27 years but had been having marital problems in recent years.

Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears

Yes, tgy! The fitbits were very popular back in 2016 as well as the apps! I personally knew of many who had them! I wonder if we'll be lucky enough to find a picture of Karen exposing her arm/hand where we can see she's wearing a fitbit or similar device hmm...

Yes, tgy! The fitbits were very popular back in 2016 as well as the apps! I personally knew of many who had them! I wonder if we'll be lucky enough to find a picture of Karen exposing her arm/hand where we can see she's wearing a fitbit or similar device hmm...

'Fit Bit zips', can be worn on the body, clipped to pocket, or as with mine, I have attached it to an elastic belt, worn around my waist. So can wear all the time, and not in my way.
Didn't want one on my hand, as often gardening, in water etc

Speaking to a Physio, a keen runner, late 2016, telling me of her monitoring: she introduced me to my basic fit bit, which does the above.
Far more advanced 'fit bits' were available then, when I purchased mine.
Same here, tmar! I got introduced to the "fitbit" device in, wait, 2015. CHARGE HR, still have it today and wear it 24/7...it syncs with my laptop every couple of minutes--right now it is telling me to get off my chuff and move LOL.

On the morning Ms Ristevski went missing Borce Ristevski was sleeping on the couch downstairs.

Seems the argument started prior to the morning :rolleyes:

Didn't get a good nights sleep Borce :eek::eek:

23 Oakley has 5 bedrooms.
This lounge?

upload_2018-7-17_10-44-18.jpeg
800x600

Or this one?

This was the only fitbit around to count my steps.

8930_28459_HLI-8930.jpg

Strange how Allison supposedly slept on the couch as well, is there another woman around too???
Where did the recent endearing nick-names for each other come from? What were they Bazza and Kazza?.

The court heard the couple had been married for 27 years but had been having marital problems in recent years.

Police suspicions were also raised, Mr Fisher said, when Mr Ristevski was quick to discount a possible sighting of his wife when contacted by detectives on July 1.

Bazza, Bozza, Tossa - :)

July 2, 2016
Police have investigated one unconfirmed sighting at Watergardens and are checking phone records.................

Category: | Herald Sun
Family fears for missing Avondale Heights mum Karen Ristevski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members