GUILTY IN - April Tinsley, 8, Fort Wayne, 1 April 1988 *Arrest*

Well he can tell time. rbbm.
Ind. Man Arrested in 1988 Cold Case Rape, Murder of 8-Year-Old Girl After DNA Match From Condoms
"Miller allegedly told detectives it took 10 minutes for April to die, the document states.

Miller allegedly said he kept the body for a day before dumping it in a ditch in Spencerville, according to the affidavit. April was found by a jogger three days after she was first reported missing."

John Miller
Fort Wayne Police Department

Someone was asking earlier in the thread (just started reading this case today and then saw the news of this pig's arrest... what are the odds?!) if anyone knew where the barn was that had the message written on it. From the PC, I located it via google maps and it's 6001 Schwartz Rd.

Also, about his handwriting. As soon as I saw a sample of the first note I wondered if when caught we'd learn he might be mentally challenged in some way. My daughter is developmentally disabled and her handwriting is literally identical this. She only prints and will often insert a capital letter in the middle of word. Looking at his pic in post #224 up there ^ I'm even more convinced there might be some diminished mental capacity going on. Not that it's any excuse or anything, but just an observation.

One last thought: do we really believe poor little April is the ONLY little girl he ever hurt, either before or after? Statistically, what are the odds of that being the case? Does anyone know?

Attachments

• tinsleybarn.jpg
    tinsleybarn.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 29
Monday, July 16th:
*Hearing - ID - April Marie Tinsley (8) (April 1, 1988) - John D. Miller (59/29 @ time of crime) arrested (7/15/18) on suspicion of murder, child molesting & confinement. Confessed. DNA linked.

Case Search - MyCase

Hi Niner, I just searched mycase
In.gov and these are the case details.

02D05-1807-MC-002030

Informative yes but someone needs to tell the voice over lady to turn it down a notch. She makes it sound like she's reporting on a scary movie. Uncomfortable to listen to her.

I had my volume down. Which bit was the voice over on? I never heard that - it was all text in the article for me on my phone.

Thank God we finally got him’: April Tinsley’s aunt reacts to arrest in 30-year-old cold case

‘Thank God we finally got him’: April Tinsley’s aunt reacts to arrest in 30-year-old cold case | Watch News Videos Online

This is an emotional interview I can’t imagine how this Lady and April’s entire family have suffered over the last thirty years.

I just hope the monster spends the rest of his life in jail.

I will be shocked if he doesn’t have disgusting child abuse videos and trophies of his crimes.

Exactly! I’m sure you’ve already seen this but here’s another one who just got caught via this method. Tick tock. It’s just a matter of time for April’s killer and many others.

Raymond ‘DJ Freez’ Rowe arrested for 1992 murder of schoolteacher Christy Mirack

That new technology is incredible. I agree this type of thing is going to expose lots of other killers now.

That other Lancaster case is amazing. The computer photo of the subect looks just like the real person. Even down to the bangs in the hairline coming down to a point in middle of forehead. Incredible.

Think of all the killers that thought they have long gotten away with murder and are now worried that the next knock at the door will be their last.

Watch: DA hopes to provide a face to Christy Mirack’s killer with new DNA technology

Someone was asking earlier in the thread (just started reading this case today and then saw the news of this pig's arrest... what are the odds?!) if anyone knew where the barn was that had the message written on it. From the PC, I located it via google maps and it's 6001 Schwartz Rd.

Also, about his handwriting. As soon as I saw a sample of the first note I wondered if when caught we'd learn he might be mentally challenged in some way. My daughter is developmentally disabled and her handwriting is literally identical this. She only prints and will often insert a capital letter in the middle of word. Looking at his pic in post #224 up there ^ I'm even more convinced there might be some diminished mental capacity going on. Not that it's any excuse or anything, but just an observation.

One last thought: do we really believe poor little April is the ONLY little girl he ever hurt, either before or after? Statistically, what are the odds of that being the case? Does anyone know?
No. IMO we can’t just believe she was the only one. Is it possible? Yes. But I think they will turn over every stone with a monster like this guy. Her story, along with Adam Walsh and a few other cases of the time changed the meaning of safe neighborhoods with a carefree childhood. My parents, along with many others became instantly paranoid with good reason. How unreal and awful. I’m glad justice has been served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back