NM NM - Anthonette Cayedito, 9, Gallup, 6 Apr1986

I live about 25 miles from Gallup and i lived out of state at the time of her abduction. Years later i returned but i think the family has been in the local newspaper, sadly her mother has since passed away. The family is on an episode in Unsolved Mysteries. And this story was on the front page again about 2 months ago. Sadly, no updates to help solve the crime.

Sorry...Gallup.

You are wrong. You do not know these people and are doubting everything that's been stated in articles you have read. I however think that the caller was Antoinette. The call abruptly ended with a man stating "who told you to use the phone." and the girl screams. The cops allowed her to listen to the voice, she confirmed I believe that it was her daughter. Antoinette obviously found an opportunity to dial the 10 digit phone # to reach her family. And the mother did not have a drug problem. She did state that she went out with friends at a local bar the night before. And returned and awoke the next morning to find out her daughter was taken around 3-4am that morning according to a sibling. AND, do you actually think Antoinette would have had the time to write what you think she should have wrote on a small napkin, while her captors were right next to her? I think she kept it brief, whoever it was, to avoid being caught. It COULD have been her. But its very likely we will never know.

I do think her mom had something to do with this. She did fail a lie detector test. Where was Anthonette's dad?
She failed a polygraph administered by the FBI. Her dad and mom were seperated and he loved elsewhere. He did assist in the search. Im sure LE investigated him. Ive not heard of him being considered a suspect. But ive heard he was shady.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

You are wrong. You do not know these people and are doubting everything that's been stated in articles you have read. I however think that the caller was Antoinette. The call abruptly ended with a man stating "who told you to use the phone." and the girl screams. The cops allowed her to listen to the voice, she confirmed I believe that it was her daughter. Antoinette obviously found an opportunity to dial the 10 digit phone # to reach her family. And the mother did not have a drug problem. She did state that she went out with friends at a local bar the night before. And returned and awoke the next morning to find out her daughter was taken around 3-4am that morning according to a sibling. AND, do you actually think Antoinette would have had the time to write what you think she should have wrote on a small napkin, while her captors were right next to her? I think she kept it brief, whoever it was, to avoid being caught. It COULD have been her. But its very likely we will never know.

What am I "wrong" about? I gather my information entirely from actual newspaper articles through the years with the Investigators, and also a poster from another forum, who is reliable, from the Gallup area, and her facts check out. You do know that you can respectfully disagree with me, without being rude. The person claiming to be Anthonette did not call her family, as you have stated. She was talking to a 9-1-1 dispatcher. While there is no conclusive proof or known convictions of the parents dealing drugs, from the fact that residents witnessed cars coming and going at all hours of the night at the house, and widespread rumors that they parents were involved in drugs, usually leads one to believe something shady is taking place at the residence. The fact that Penny passed away in her 40s could be the result of too many years of hard partying. Not certain, but it happens.

Finally, Wendy, the sibling in question, did not provide the information that she was a witness to Anthonette's alleged abduction to detectives, until several years later, so there was no way Investigators could have known an alleged abduction occurred that night, or what time it did occur at, until Wendy approached them. A far more credible lead from a neighbor, places a man in a car visiting the house sometime between 6:30-7 AM. Considering Law Enforcement believed Penny was somehow involved in her daughters disappearance, there is an excellent chance that Wendy was coached by her mother, about what to say to detectives, to possibly throw off suspicion.

At any rate, you seem to be going by the Unsolved Mysteries episode from 25 years ago. The problem with Unsolved Mysteries, is in order to appeal to a larger demographic (TV Ratings), they had the habit of glossing over certain facts/lifestyle choices/etc. By nature, people seem to be more sympathetic to well dressed, wholesome mother, than they would be if the rumors about drugs and partying at all hours of the night were true. There is also the unexplained purchase of a new car, and the mother Penny failing the polygraph test, that Unsolved Mysteries left out.

I have heard he was involved with drugs and bad people. I have NOT spoken to the family or anything. Just things ive read.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

BTW, I just read your blog. Good work. We seem to be on the same page, in regards to the disappearance of Anthonette. I hope you continue to keep your blog updated. The fact that Louisa Estrada, the 25 year old sister of Anthonette's step-father disappeared in 1989, under mysterious circumstances, makes you wonder if it was just a horrible coincidence or there is more to it.

https://youtu.be/On3FLJRYlZs

Link to the previously mentioned video by Cayleigh Elise on Anthonette Cayedito

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good video, even though I do not necessarily agree with the narrator.

I'm only saying this due to the fact that I worked at a addictions treatment centre nearly a decade ago, but wow....look at Penny's eyes during the Unsolved Mysteries segment. She is definitely high on something. Her eyes are totally glossed over. The fact that Unsolved Mysteries would surely use makeup for the participants, to make them look better on TV, and the fact that you can still see dark shadows under Penny's eyes (sleep deprivation), and glossy eyes (cocaine?) is very telling. I cannot believe how obvious it is...

There is another theory local authorities thought of but could not quite prove as the stories gathered centered around the immediate family. This thread is quite interesting and it has some good points.

I'm not too sure how to say the whole thing but it mainly focuses on the mother as being the one directly involved. The neighborhood in which this family resided is considered very low income, within city limits, and on one of the main roads in the city. Approximately a week after this abduction occured, the mother acquired a brand new vehicle that was well beyond her income capabilities. If my child was abducted, having a new ride would be the last thing on my mind.

Also, the mother's behavior after this abduction wasn't 'normal' for someone who was grieving. I don't remember details but it was along the lines that she had a carefree attitude as if she knew her daughter was ok. A theory that wasn't really emphasized due to the limited resources of people to interview, was that the mother arranged for her daughter to be 'married' off (illegally of course) in exchange for money (and how she got her vehicle).

Taking that into mind, the mother and the other party conspired the kidnapping to make her disappearance more legit. Its a huge possibilty she made sure her daughter was awake enough to hear the knock on the door and knowing she would answer it had she believed it was her uncle. And while this event happened, the mother kept quiet in the room but didnt anticipate that Wendy (the sister) witnessed this situation (if she even did to begin with). I say this only because I knew Wendy as a child and she was no angel, not even close. She was in constant trouble, a well known liar, and a bully. There's a possibility that her behavior was the result of years of instilled fear from her mother in regards to 'witnessing' this kidnapping.

If the mother is involved, that would explain the daughter's reluctance to runaway and seek help, knowing that her mother is the one involved with her departure. The phone call a year later could also be a ploy to keep up with the story of kidnapping and keep the mother clear. If you take Lori Hacking's husband as an example, he was involved with the search for his own wife and in the end, he was the one who killed her. He even went on national television pleading for her return. If this happened recently, what makes you think it didn't go on back then when she was kidnapped?

Here is a link to this post, which I found on Sitcom Online forum:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showpost.php?p=4306202&postcount=78

You have to keep in mind that all of the poster's claims were made in October 2009, a full year before the article in the Gallup Herald, which give it additional credibility.

@@screenshot.gif

still missing: National Missing Children’s Day and ANTHONETTE CHRISTINE CAYEDITO

I frequently think about Anthonette and wonder if the circumstances of her disappearance are accurate. Did she truly disappear in the middle of the night or was it a story made up by her mother and repeated by her small sister because that's what she was told?

What am I "wrong" about? I gather my information entirely from actual newspaper articles through the years with the Investigators, and also a poster from another forum, who is reliable, from the Gallup area, and her facts check out. You do know that you can respectfully disagree with me, without being rude. The person claiming to be Anthonette did not call her family, as you have stated. She was talking to a 9-1-1 dispatcher. While there is no conclusive proof or known convictions of the parents dealing drugs, from the fact that residents witnessed cars coming and going at all hours of the night at the house, and widespread rumors that they parents were involved in drugs, usually leads one to believe something shady is taking place at the residence. The fact that Penny passed away in her 40s could be the result of too many years of hard partying. Not certain, but it happens.

Finally, Wendy, the sibling in question, did not provide the information that she was a witness to Anthonette's alleged abduction to detectives, until several years later, so there was no way Investigators could have known an alleged abduction occurred that night, or what time it did occur at, until Wendy approached them. A far more credible lead from a neighbor, places a man in a car visiting the house sometime between 6:30-7 AM. Considering Law Enforcement believed Penny was somehow involved in her daughters disappearance, there is an excellent chance that Wendy was coached by her mother, about what to say to detectives, to possibly throw off suspicion.

At any rate, you seem to be going by the Unsolved Mysteries episode from 25 years ago. The problem with Unsolved Mysteries, is in order to appeal to a larger demographic (TV Ratings), they had the habit of glossing over certain facts/lifestyle choices/etc. By nature, people seem to be more sympathetic to well dressed, wholesome mother, than they would be if the rumors about drugs and partying at all hours of the night were true. There is also the unexplained purchase of a new car, and the mother Penny failing the polygraph test, that Unsolved Mysteries left out.

I am very close in age to Anthonette and when this episode aired on Unsolved Mysteries the first time, it really resonated with me and scared me. I believed she made the phone call. I believed the girl in the restaurant was her. I believed the little sister's version of events. However, no longer a naive child who believes all parents will do anything to protect and love their children, I don't believe any of that. I question everything. Something has to break in this case. It's way past time. I wish I could investigate this case. Someone needs to go back to beginning and start digging. Enough time has gone by that people will start to talk.

The sighting in the restaurant was not Anthonette. I am 100% certain. All you need to do is put yourself in Anthonette's shoes. For one thing, even if she was abducted recently, if it was her, she would never have written "help me". Anthonette would ahve provided more clues, as to who she was. It would ahve likely said "I am Anthonette Cayedito. I am being kidnapped. Please phone 911." However, ti was 4 years later, and by that period of time, she would ahve been brainwashed, grew complacent, or just did not want to be found. The vast majority of these "sightings" after such a long time are usually an overzealous worker who had read up on the case, phoning into the Police, despite having no idea who the child was. Or most likely, it could have been a mentally ill worker, who just basked in the publicity. I've taken Criminology and cases like this almost always bring shady and unstable people out of the woodwork.

As for the 911 call from Albuquerque, it was not made by Anthonette. It's one year later, and let's say it was Anthonette, hypothetically. The girl would have phoned 911 as anyone (even a 10 year old girl) would ahve realized the magnitude of the situation. She would have let the dispatcher know she was being held captive and said she was from Santa Fe, and needed help. Why would she repeat her name over again without giving any kind of meaningful details. It's more likely a prank.

From reading up on the actual facts of the case, I'm 99% convinced her mother was paid off (through money or drugs), to arrange a illegal marriage to a much older man, who was possibly a child molester, and taken to Mexico somehow. It's sad but everything points in the direction of the mother knowing, lying, and having a hard drug addiction.

<modsnip: rude and personalizing>

- You cannot be 100% certain the sighting wasn't her. It could very well have been her. I don't understand why people come on these boards and throw out claims like this. You are making a ton of assumptions. It could have been another missing person as well. She would "never have written help me".......uhh why not? "She would have provided more clues"......why? Not like she would have been some clear state of mind. And now you are diving into the whole "it was made up" theory.

- Once again, you are making assumptions based on what YOU think she would do. How in the world could you possibly rule out, with 100% certainty, that it wasn't her? The call was like 10 seconds long. If it were her, she was probably terrified and her captor was obviously right by her because you could hear his/her voice interject.

I do agree with the last part though, not in its entirety though. I find it strange the mom didn't hear anything at 3am in a house that was only 1 level. The sister says there was a struggle too and screaming so I still think the mom would have woken up. She got up at 7am without much trouble. Also, people generally don't impulsively kidnap, it's usually planned. So how would "Uncle Joe" know that the girls were going to answer the door and not the mom? Sounds to me like this was set up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back