Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point about the difficulty of maintaining certain types of relationships when working in certain industries.
I still stick by my observations. Having not a single friend at your wedding (except industry friends) says something.
Kate Middleton certainly had friends at her wedding. The press was always taking pictures of Kate with her friends. The press was so intrusive about taking pictures of Kate and Prince William they were eventually prohibited from being within a certain radius of the campus and not allowed to take pictures of them at certain places.

If she wasn't a modern day Cinderella literally marrying a prince, I think even more people would take note of her absence of friends at the wedding and not having made friends after moving to England.
I see nothing wrong with her not inviting her siblings, we have all seen how nasty and unpredictable they are. It was a happy day for her; her siblings aren't happy for her.

I pray that she and her mother are always loyal to each other, what a special bond.

I got married when I was 20 and there were no childhood friends at our small wedding, just college friends. We tried to invite ones we thought we would remain friends with for years to come, but we aren’t in touch with any of them 52 years later, and even lost touch soon after our wedding. Life takes us on different paths and I’m not great at keeping in touch. My cousin, on the other hand, has a slew of friends from her younger years even at 82. Different strokes and maybe Meghan is more like me, living in the present. It doesn’t mean I wouldn’t enjoy seeing early friends, but looking them up isn’t my thing. However, I’m very loyal to my current friends, some of whom go back over 40 years.

I also think being even a fairly minor celebrity may have impacted her friendships from her younger years. And that could be her friends drawing away, not Meghan.

I don’t know how she would have a chance to make new friends in London, other than with Harry. Perhaps in her yoga class? But were they close enough to invite to a relatively small wedding?

Are 'industry friends' not friends? Very long days on set, they all belonged to Soho House and went out for dinner together. Have you ever been on a filming set to see how slow it is?? Its called 'hurry up and wait' in the industry.
You often start before dawn and wrap late in the evening.

I don't think she had 'dog park' friends or we met on a course type of friends.
Her lifestyle didn't allow for that.......

As for making friends in England, lol, how long since she got there?? She has full security and cannot leave the property alone.

Have you been to London or know any English people??

They are very reserved and not usually open to becoming 'friends'.

They are very polite and everything but often don't even know nor care about the people next door.

They will wave or speak about the weather but thats it.

You could live in London for a decade and not make 'friends' other than work mates who don't really want to see you after work, thank you very much. lol

Meghan Markle's Wimbledon outfit had a very special meaning for Prince Harry.

Since Meghan Markle became the Duchess of Sussex when she married Prince Harry on May 19, she has been in the royal spotlight. Markle attended the Wimbledon tournament with her sister-in-law Kate Middleton on Saturday, July 14, and the two fashionable royals definitely dressed the part. Followers of Markle and Harry's courtship noticed that Meghan Markle's Wimbledon outfit had a very special meaning that was a nod to her first date with Prince Harry.

Markle didn't wear an "I <3 Harry" pin or anything like that, but her blue-and-white striped top and wide-leg white pants by Ralph Lauren served as a subtle throwback to the designer's role in their relationship, according to ELLE. Two years ago, Markle attended Wimbledon as a guest of Ralph Lauren while she was still mostly known for her role on Suits. The fashion house previously provided Markle with outfits to do press for the show — that's how she wound up at the 2016 Wimbledon tournament and became friends with Violet von Westenholz, who does PR for Ralph Lauren and also happens to be one of Harry's childhood friends.

Meghan Markle's Wimbledon Outfit Had A Very Special Meaning For Prince Harry

---

Ok, so I'm still hung up on Meghan's Wimbledon outfit... Didn't know she was a Wimbledon guest of Ralph Lauren in 2016. I love Ralph Lauren but her outfit is wearing her, she's swimming in the pants which are way too long... You need height to pull that off.

And agree with others, her combo of white and cream does not work. So I found a picture of Jessica Alba rocking a similar look and who is also a classic style dresser. I think Meghan needs Jessica for style advice... Stat!!

--Jmo
image.jpg image.jpg

that excuse for the horrible outfit is insane. I guess they are trying to do damage control.

Get her a hair/ make-up stylist and wardrobe stylist.
Boatneck tops look horrible on her bony shoulders and boy built body. Whew, I feel better.
Her make-up does not look professionally done.

Are 'industry friends' not friends? Very long days on set, they all belonged to Soho House and went out for dinner together. Have you ever been on a filming set to see how slow it is?? Its called 'hurry up and wait' in the industry.

As for making friends in England, lol, how long since she got there?? She has full security and cannot leave the property alone.

They are very polite and everything but often don't even know nor care about the people next door.

You could live in London for a decade and not make 'friends' other than work mates who don't really want to see you after work, thank you very much. lol

Or you could come up north and make bestest friends with any random woman in any random toilets in any random nightclub!

I do feel sorry for Meghan in this respect now she is a bit socially caged and root-less. She seems to get on well with Kate though, and Harry has plenty of long-standing lad mates with wives and girlfriends. And then there are the stylists, hairdressers, beauticians; she's bound to find an affinity with some of them with the added bonus of knowing they'll be discreet. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes*

(* actually, wonder what size she is, I'm a 5...Meghan, send me your shoes!)

that excuse for the horrible outfit is insane. I guess they are trying to do damage control.

Get her a hair/ make-up stylist and wardrobe stylist.
Boatneck tops look horrible on her bony shoulders and boy built body. Whew, I feel better.
Her make-up does not look professionally done.

Who's trying to do "damage control"? I seriously doubt the RF gives a fig bout the opinions of rag-mag readers.

Re the BBM: Feel better for what? For making a catty comment about Meghan's shoulders, body, and make-up? For friggin' grief's sake.

Newsflash: Meghan isn't dressing to please anyone but herself (and possibly her husband). The same goes for her hair & make-up.

I hope she continues to hold her head high and focus on what's important - regardless of what anyone has to say about her wardrobe, hair, or make-up.

You really don't know who Meghan is dressing for or why she has chosen the outfits or really if she had much input into the choices.

She has a lot a good things to work with but the hair, bad fitting clothes on a super slim body and bad make-up make her look bad.

She needs someone to bring out her best attributes and not have them not noticed because of bad clothing choices, bad hair choices and bad make-up.

I am done with this thread. I spoke out too much.

I really can spell, geez.

Last edited:
You really don't know who Meghan is dressing for or why she has chosen the outfits or really if she had much input into the choices.

She has a lot a good things to work with but the hair, bad fitting closes on a super slim body and bad make-up make her look bad.

She needs someone to bring out her best attributes and not have them not noticed because of bad clothing choices, bad hair choices and bad make-up.

Kensie everyone’s opinion and posts are valued here. Please feel free to post and know that your contributions are appreciated.

--- Ok said:

Put me in Kensie's camp. I worked for over a decade trying to professionalize the appearance of employees at a non-profit.

The side-by-side pictures could have the black boxes over the eyes and the old Glamour magazine captions of DO and DON'T.

The Duchess of Sussex came to sit in The Royal Box making a professional appearance for The House of Windsor. I expect professional dress in that situation, in this case likely American Business Casual. Proper fit is part of professional dress. Doesn't matter if you "like" the outfit or not -- those slacks are the wrong size.

Perhaps she has lost weight, and Ralph Lauren delivered a previous size?

All the best for HRH Diana's sons & their families!

She has a lot a good things to work with but the hair, bad fitting clothes on a super slim body and bad make-up make her look bad.

Noooo, please don't stop giving us the Joan Rivers Fashion Police meets Wendy Williams Hot Topics fashion reviews. Different views are good!

Yes, industry friends are friends. I think she is a social climber, so that is why I mentioned her only inviting industry friends.
I live in a part of Canada where people tell you their life story in the grocery line, on the bus, at the gym while on a cardio machine, it's annoying. You talk to someone for more than 2 minutes and they whip out their phones and suddenly they are asking you your full name and trying to friend request you at that very moment. So yes, it's possible I'm not understanding how English culture works in terms of privacy and socializing.

Here, work mates hang out with each other outside of work, at lunch time, vacation together sometimes, play sports together and find it necessary to hang out at the restaurant bar after work on fridays for hours. I opt out of that. I spend 40+ hours a week with them, I want my free time to be with friends. Not a huge number of friends, but the few that you see regularly.

Please don’t go! The thing some don’t understand is that we want Meghan to look her best in her new position. Meghan now works for “the firm” and her appearance cannot be personal preference any more. It reflects on her “employer” and on her own abilities to choose clothing, hairstyles and makeup to look her best. This is the life that she has chosen.

Put me in Kensie's camp. I worked for over a decade trying to professionalize the appearance of employees at a non-profit.

The side-by-side pictures could have the black boxes over the eyes and the old Glamour magazine captions of DO and DON'T.

The Duchess of Sussex came to sit in The Royal Box making a professional appearance for The House of Windsor. I expect professional dress in that situation, in this case likely American Business Casual. Proper fit is part of professional dress. Doesn't matter if you "like" the outfit or not -- those slacks are the wrong size.

Yes, this is not about hassling Meghan. We do wish them all the best. It’s about helping...not that she’ll ever see what we write! :) But her career now requires professional dress and she so often misses the mark, it’s rather puzzling.

Kenzie, continue on with us. Aside from your enjoyable post, your comments are pretty straightforward and obvious that there is nothing attached. There isn’t any sense of an agenda or undertone at all. I think that’s what makes them more enjoyable.

It’s an observational-critiquing fun & lighthearted thread with some history trivia in the mix. An opinion is an opinion...to each is own. We aren’t signing petitions or bashing Meghan. If one is offended they don’t have to participate.

I agree with you about those slacks. Meghan is tiny and those pants swallow her. It might be good to have your drapes puddle on the floor but not your pants.

Meghan is great though, just not some of her clothing choices.

I agree with you about those slacks. Meghan is tiny and those pants swallow her. It might be good to have your drapes puddle on the floor but not your pants.

Meghan is great though, just not some of her clothing choices.

BBM

Plus it's not very safe. Just a few weeks ago a coworker tripped and fell down the office stairs because the heel of her (high heeled) shoe caught on the hem of her very wide legged pants (trousers lol).

Wimbledon was not Meghan's best look but I'm not holding it against her. I liked the idea of it, just not the execution. Catherine looked a bit too frilly for my taste. But I give her the new mom card on that one. Plus she looked fantastic on Sunday in the bright yellow dress. Maybe Meghan just didn't want to wear a dress and have to wear pantyhose on such a warm day. Palazzo pants would be a cooler option. There's no accounting for the largeness of the shirt, unless it was Harry's.

I think part of the problem for Meghan could be trying to adapt her style to the palace rules, which we know exist. I would find that tough; I reckon a lot of us would.

I'm sorry her friend lost at Wimbledon. Serena rocks.

Last edited:
It was in Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr. Tumblr is the worst one account even has a supposed PR expert dishing dirt about the Duchess. It is horrendous. I can’t link or post anything from the accounts per Websleuths rules but I’m absolutely shocked at the venom being unleashed towards the Duchess. I don’t know if it is just bitter women who are jealous of her.

I haven't seen it, but I am not too surprised. I think a lot of people enjoy having someone to slander and hate on.

I don't know any of the royals enough (at all) to have that much hate for any of them. I have distaste for some of the things that it's been reported some of them have got up to, but whatever. Nobody's perfect, the rest of us have our faults, too.

---
At the end of the last thread a few people said it would be nice to see more videos of the Queen in more 'natural' times...I found this video which has some lovely footage at the beginning with the Queen and some her older grandchildren when they were young and the Queen took them for a walk on their ponies.

BBM

Plus it's not very safe. Just a few weeks ago a coworker tripped and fell down the office stairs because the heel of her (high heeled) shoe caught on the hem of her very wide legged pants (trousers lol).

Wimbledon was not Meghan's best look but I'm not holding it against her. I liked the idea of it, just not the execution. Catherine looked a bit too frilly for my taste. But I give her the new mom card on that one. Plus she looked fantastic on Sunday in the bright yellow dress. Maybe Meghan just didn't want to wear a dress and have to wear pantyhose on such a warm day. Palazzo pants would be a cooler option. There's no accounting for the largeness of the shirt, unless it was Harry's.

I think part of the problem for Meghan could be trying to adapt her style to the palace rules, which we know exist. I would find that tough; I reckon a lot of us would.

I'm sorry her friend lost at Wimbledon. Serena rocks.
Oh, I saw the perfect execution of this outfit this morning while I was out and about. A young woman had on a striped black and off-white shirt, similar in style to Meghan's - oversized, but not too much. She had on off-white wide-legged pants, but they stopped just below her ankle. Her shoes were strapped sandals with a nice heels. Now that I think about it, I don't recall if the sandals were white or off-white. She looked stunning. I thought - this is what Meghan was meant to look like at the tennis match. :)

I didn't say anything to the woman, of course! But I captured the details in my mind (except shoe color, drat) so I could report back here like a little busy-body. :)

jmo

Oh, I saw the perfect execution of this outfit this morning while I was out and about. A young woman had on a striped black and off-white shirt, similar in style to Meghan's - oversized, but not too much. She had on off-white wide-legged pants, but they stopped just below her ankle. Her shoes were strapped sandals with a nice heels. Now that I think about it, I don't recall if the sandals were white or off-white. She looked stunning. I thought - this is what Meghan was meant to look like at the tennis match. :)

I didn't say anything to the woman, of course! But I captured the details in my mind (except shoe color, drat) so I could report back here like a little busy-body. :)

jmo

Thanks for the report. You didn’t tell this woman she wore the outfit better than Meghan? You could have made her day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991