GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHen you try explaining something to others it brings ideas...…………………….

THey didn't drop both of the bodies in the lake because they WANTED one or both found.…….they didn't secure her enough in the water to keep her from being discovered

Had they both been in the water and he with his head, there would have been bullet evidence in his skull, whether bullet or not, they can tell what it was I think

So to confuse things, to ensure she is found, they dumped her in the lake but it did slow down the investigation by confusing LE into thinking she was possibly kidnapped for ransom.....THOUGH there was NO RANSOM note...….LE had to treat it as such for the time being....this ensures a quicker getaway and ultimately proves it was to confuse due to no ransom note and no reason to haul her off anyway except for that reason since they left RD to be found...………..she would be discovered in 10 days anyway due to the gases and who the hell uses 60 lbs to hold down 150 in the water, although her lungs were not filled with water as she was not drowned

HIs head is buried somewhere, in another state even, to hide the evidence, they didn't want to drag him all over the place in the car because they needed him to be found as clearly dead, in case the wife wasn't discovered in 10 days when the gasses in the body increase and cause it to surface, this is a high traffic area for fishermen...DUH....so SS and LE say these perps know the lake...…..yeah apparently they do......if they didn't, they wouldn't have put her in there to be found right where fishermen pass daily, several highly desired fishing spots by there and the boat launch is close also, down river, several hundred feet, cant remember exactly, nearer to the dam

The fact that they hauled HER away and put towels by the bottom of the garage door to staunch the blood flow from going into the driveway ALSO tells us they did NOT want hIM FOUND right away, and in case HE WAS discovered sooner than Saturday or SUnday, the weekend he died...……...they ensured confusion still by hauling her away but they left him, KNOWING HE"D BE FOUND

THe very little GSR on his collar...…….does that tell us the gunshot was not at point blank range? Probably

If it was an unplanned fatal gunshot, someone across the yard was getting too into his role and possibly shot him, then decided then to take his head, they came by boat, they are either doctors who deal with dissection or skin and have gone thru anatomy and dissection, hunters/fishermen, taxidermist, something of this nature who clean their kills or skilled in some sort of surgical skill, even if not major invasive surgery, theyd know how to do this beheading

As how I run errands......I do them in order around town and back home again...…..They beheaded him, left with her, bound her and dropped her in the lake late night and before sunrise...the time when she would still be dressed but he'd be in his pjs…..this time frame makes the most sense so to come and go within a few hours or less......no one would see a thing after midnight but before dawn...….then exited just down stream at Lawrence Shoals before the dam, very quiet down there, no cameras

and that makes the most sense

This also means, someone gained by inheritance, maybe personally or for payoff to someone

THey wanted them BOTH Found, if that failed, at least ONE MUST BE FOUND

Yall find the holes in this

GO

Last edited:
haha, I don't know which is easier Razz....I understand it to be fairly easy to behead, the spinal portion and cartiledge is all that's there that is difficult if at all, not like a leg bone or something I guess??

BUt digging in a skull for a bullet lodged? GOtt cut thru skill bone

Hmmm,,,,,,,,im thinking they took it away to bury it, hahaha, im not laughing at this situation, laughing because I am certain that's what happened now! we were all so focused on cutting off the head but the real focus is where is it...……..BURIED!

I think Mr. D's head is in the lake.

Me too. I also wonder about that "mesh" bag. I was thinking that sometimes, if you buy a tent, it will come in a bag. You can remove the tent, assemble it, and put it back in the bag to store. I wonder if this mesh bag could have been something like that. Perhaps whoever did this, camped somewhere along the lake. I have a few mesh bags, but they are small and used to store vegetable in fridge. Even laundry mesh bags aren't generally large enough to hold 30 lb. blocks, IMO. But, then again, mesh is mostly used (on a lake) for holding fish, I would think. Possibly, one might use them (with blocks inside) as an anchor for a boat. Just rambling....

It would be interesting if someone were to try to write a story with the given facts as we know them, just to see what they would come up with. Sort of a "Marple" in reverse . Taking into account where the Ds have lived, their employment over the years and their sad demise. A step-by-step walk through their entire life up until they were murdered, from the end to the beginning (when they met, etc.). TOTALLY fiction with the facts that we know added.

Too many things fell into place for the murders to happen without getting caught. Guard shack camera out, Dermonds security system was not turned on ( I recall hearing they were strict about turning on the alarm, Nothing stolen and no finger prints of use found anywhere. Lured into the garage is probably how the Dermonds were killed. The only way to hide the evidence is to contain this murder to 1 small area to clean up. No way was this done outside of the house too much risk of someone being seen. I agree Mr Dermonds head is probably in the lake and probably within a mile where mrs dermond was dumped .

Very well could be...…..not just where they dropped her, they did search that area, nothing was found, doenst mean it's not there, muddy waters in this area, not to mention the tree roots under there I imagine......also not a place boats would go in to fish I think...…...still, they got rid of it, but left his body for a reason

GO...………

Might be right!!!

The cement blocks are inside a blueish-gray mesh bag, ... Sills said.

GONE COLD | A lake with no leads: Who killed the Dermonds?

Me too. I also wonder about that "mesh" bag. I was thinking that sometimes, if you buy a tent, it will come in a bag. You can remove the tent, assemble it, and put it back in the bag to store. I wonder if this mesh bag could have been something like that. Perhaps whoever did this, camped somewhere along the lake. I have a few mesh bags, but they are small and used to store vegetable in fridge. Even laundry mesh bags aren't generally large enough to hold 30 lb. blocks, IMO. But, then again, mesh is mostly used (on a lake) for holding fish, I would think. Possibly, one might use them (with blocks inside) as an anchor for a boat. Just rambling....

It would be interesting if someone were to try to write a story with the given facts as we know them, just to see what they would come up with. Sort of a "Marple" in reverse . Taking into account where the Ds have lived, their employment over the years and their sad demise. A step-by-step walk through their entire life up until they were murdered, from the end to the beginning (when they met, etc.). TOTALLY fiction with the facts that we know added.

We don't know for certain that Mr.D's head was taken because he was shot in the head.

And if it was so well planned, why shoot him in the head only to have to go to all the trouble of removing his head and then disposing of it at some point.

If the perps brought the right tools to take his head, it sounds like they were anticipating doing this anyway.

I believe Mrs. D was struck over the head and died from that injury before being put into the water. And why go to all the trouble of hiding her in the water unless they were hoping to cause delay and or confusion. It sounds like a lot of trouble and skill needed to pull all of the above off.

I sure hope Mrs. D was struck and died quickly. I hate thinking of these elderly folks suffering, which of course they did :(

What other reasons could there be for Mr. D's head to be removed? I don't think it was removed to send someone a particular message, but that's just me and could well be wrong.

I sure hope Mrs. D was struck and died quickly. I hate thinking of these elderly folks suffering, which of course they did :(

What other reasons could there be for Mr. D's head to be removed? I don't think it was removed to send someone a particular message, but that's just me and could well be wrong.
Forgive me for mentioning this again but I thought it was....peculiar.
I agree these murders were heinous and awful. But.....it doesn't sound like either victim was assaulted, raped, bruised etc. before or after the murders. (Except for Mr. D's head but I dearly hope that was done after he died.) Which indicates to me that this was strictly business.

This article states SS interviewed the man on the lawn just above the picture of SS on a boat
Where is the confusion on this
Audioboom / The Lake Oconee Murders : Part 2

JUne 2017

at 29:00

DO you think the key to finding the killer is identifying this man on the lawn

SS said "I DO"

when asked by PH if this was in broad laylight that the man was spotted on the lawn...….SS Said "I dooo"" in his low sexy voice

what does that mean

at any rate, if it was since June 2017, there has been no information on this man on the lawn, who he is, his description, how he came forward, if someone told...….and in the beginning SS said anyone that was legit would have come forward...…

so clearly this man did not come forward right away.....it took 3 years are more

Im still confused about the man on the lawn and was his response meant in regards to it being broad daylight

He was not Cleared, the article said there was no arrest made

Last edited:
Yes they suffered, her hair in his hand proved it was not just a quick blow to the skulls by surprise.…....…...so so sad and horrific

Last edited:
I'm going back to my original theory

The beheading was meant to look like a mob hit
The D's are from NJ, RD is Italian
He was in the restaurant bs, clearly a good way for money laundering

She was hauled off to confuse the investigation as well

This would suggest that the perps knew the Dermonds well......could not be caught

One had to be discovered dead

I'm going back to my original theory

The beheading was meant to look like a mob hit
The D's are from NJ, RD is Italian
He was in the restaurant bs, clearly a good way for money laundering

She was hauled off to confuse the investigation as well

This would suggest that the perps knew the Dermonds well......could not be caught

One had to be discovered dead

Except, that's not how mob hits work. It would be a couple of shots and they'd be left where they died if a message, or buried if retaliation.

to appear so...….the head for proof or muslim cult beheading

if not

then it was not planned and the head was taken to hide evidence of a bullet or wound

I have always really thought it was planned because there was too much confusion, partially profession and equally not so

may be wrong of course

but ya'll have seen my thoughts on possible theories

Except, that's not how mob hits work. It would be a couple of shots and they'd be left where they died if a message, or buried if retaliation.

I'm focusing a few days on the witness aka the man on the lawn. Dancinunderthemoon they talked about it in 1 of the sworn podcasts i'll check tomorrow which one. SS admitted in an interview around the anniversary that the witness had been cleared and I believe SS said early on but i'm not positive
I commented on this HG, above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member