TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! That is great to know! Your cover may have been blown on Facebook, but I don't have a clue who you are if that helps! I just know you seem to have a lot of great information. I have started following this case and lurking because of all of this great inside info! Thank you!

Last edited:
It does fit into the timeframe in the newspaper article on Dec 25 that you posted. And how came the other parents said then that they didn't think much of the letter - it didn't feel right when they were told.

And how come the policemen didn't go with Debra back home to look with her and Tommy? I remember she was on this forum before and said it was all a blur afterwards. I am not surprised, it was not her job to record down everything.
The simple answer is, she probably said she'd be right back. When she wasn't, her mom called the house, and the police, tired of waiting around instructed her to bring it downtown. It boggles the mind LE would be so casual when a 9 year old child has been missing overnight. It's Fort Worth; it's Christmas Eve afternoon. The people LE are dealing with are the mother and sister of a married teenager. Nothing in the first 24 hours represents state-of-the-art critical thinking by FWPD.

FW Cat, If you were to do that I think that would be an amazing benefit to anyone interested in this case, including LE.
I have a folder in a drawer labeled "THE WALL". It contains every map I have made notes on, graphs I created, timelines and revised timelines, newspaper reports (side-by-side.) A monument to research and analysis. An overwhelming pile that is added-to all the time. You have no idea how badly I need this out of my head and up on THE WALL.

This is my first post here on Websleuths but I've been reading the posts on this thread for a long time. I wanted to post an article I published on this case a couple of days ago. I tried to compile as much information as I could into one spot in order to wade through much of the speculation and misinformation on the case. It's a members only Medium story, but non members get 3 free articles a month so everyone should be able to read it. Non-members can even register for a free account if they want to post or ask a question. I hope it will help bring more publicity to the case. What Happened to the Fort Worth Trio? – Tamara Gane – Medium
You are a gifted story-teller. I love your article. Now the girls' story has a sound-track ;) Well done.

Neither of Rachel's parents left the house that day - except to go next door, neighbors that contradicted Francis Arnold's account of being 18 miles away in east Arlington; Period. Who lies about a thing like that under those circumstances?

FW _Cat, so much to say. First of all - thank you for saying that about the article. Second, I wish I lived closer to Texas so I could invite myself over to look at your wall file. I'd bring wine. A good bottle. Thank you for all the work you've put in on the case.

And I'm sure you're getting tired of being asked to elaborate every time you post but I'm a little confused about your above quote. Are you saying Cotton and Fran never left the house the day of the disappearance? Not even to go to the mall when the girls didn't come home? Because that would mean Rusty isn't correctly remembering he went from store to store with Fran to look for the girls and that Judy Wilson wasn't correct in saying Richard and Cotton guarded the car with shotguns, and umpteen more statements and recollections would have to be false. Far too many to list. Even if the neighbors did say the Arnolds didn't leave their house, why would their memory seem more credible than the memories of the families?

I frankly have a little trouble with the neighbors being positive about this. The 23d was a work day for most people. Even if some of the neighbors were stay at home moms, retired, or taking a vacation day, its hard to imagine any of them staring out their window all day to make note of whether or not the Arnold family left the house. At the time they didn't know it was going to be an important day so there would be no reason I can think of them to pay attention to the comings and goings of the Arnold house.

Can you tell us where this information came from? Did you speak to the neighbors yourself, read it in a police report or hear it elsewhere? What year was it? The year is important because there's a big difference between something a neighbor (or anyone) remembers days after the disappearance and something they remember decades later. This isn't to say they'd be lying, just that their memory might not be as sharp. Particularly when it comes to a mundane detail such as whether or not a neighbor left the house.

I don't ask these questions out of any sort of mistrust of you, because I do trust you're telling the truth as you've heard or read it. I'm just curious about how and when this information came to light.

Also, you are the only person I have ever heard state that Fran was TT's alibi. Was this also heard from a neighbor? From a police report? From other family members? The source of this information seems very important.

Lastly, it's interesting to know you used to be a verified insider here. I don't personally think it matters if you become one again. I think everyone here knows that you have deep ties to the case and have been conducting your research over a long period of time. Which is why I'd love to hear more about your sources in reference to the above if you'd be willing to elaborate.

Last edited:
FW _Cat, so much to say. First of all - thank you for saying that about the article. Second, I wish I lived closer to Texas so I could invite myself over to look at your wall file. I'd bring wine. A good bottle. Thank you for all the work you've put in on the case.

And I'm sure you're getting tired of being asked to elaborate every time you post but I'm a little confused about your above quote. Are you saying Cotton and Fran never left the house the day of the disappearance? Not even to go to the mall when the girls didn't come home? Because that would mean Rusty isn't correctly remembering he went from store to store with Fran to look for the girls and that Judy Wilson wasn't correct in saying Richard and Cotton guarded the car with shotguns, and umpteen more statements and recollections would have to be false. Far too many to list. Even if the neighbors did say the Arnolds didn't leave their house, why would their memory seem more credible than the memories of the families?

I frankly have a little trouble with the neighbors being positive about this. The 23d was a work day for most people. Even if some of the neighbors were stay at home moms, retired, or taking a vacation day, its hard to imagine any of them staring out their window all day to make note of whether or not the Arnold family left the house. At the time they didn't know it was going to be an important day so there would be no reason I can think of them to pay attention to the comings and goings of the Arnold house.

Can you tell us where this information came from? Did you speak to the neighbors yourself, read it in a police report or hear it elsewhere? What year was it? The year is important because there's a big difference between something a neighbor (or anyone) remembers days after the disappearance and something they remember decades later. This isn't to say they'd be lying, just that their memory might not be as sharp. Particularly when it comes to a mundane detail such as whether or not a neighbor left the house.

I don't ask these questions out of any sort of mistrust of you, because I do trust you're telling the truth as you've heard or read it. I'm just curious about how and when this information came to light.

Also, you are the only person I have ever heard state that Fran was TT's alibi. Was this also heard from a neighbor? From a police report? From other family members? The source of this information seems very important.

Lastly, it's interesting to know you used to be a verified insider here. I don't personally think it matters if you become one again. I think everyone here knows that you have deep ties to the case and have been conducting your research over a long period of time. Which is why I'd love to hear more about your sources in reference to the above if you'd be willing to elaborate.

Q: "Are you saying Cotton and Fran never left the house the day of the disappearance? Not even to go to the mall when the girls didn't come home?"
A: That's what I'm saying.

"Because that would mean Rusty isn't correctly remembering he went from store to store with Fran to look for the girls..."

A: Rusty has no memories. If that happened at all, it was after Christmas Day.

"and that Judy Wilson wasn't correct in saying Richard and Cotton guarded the car with shotguns..."
A: Don't know who told you that or where you may have read it. Richard and "someone else" guarded that car all night - from a distance. Judy would not have been mistaken about who was there. It was Francis who put Cotton in that car with Richard and told a reporter - who took it at face value.

"Even if the neighbors did say the Arnolds didn't leave their house, why would their memory seem more credible than the memories of the families?"
A: Francis was at her next-door neighbor's house throughout the day. In and out. This was a next day "interview" by police - for which you do not need a good memory. There are 3 families - 2 of which were not anywhere near the Arnold home on Monday. They have no way of knowing. There were eye-witnesses with no skin-in-the-game that contradict all of Fran's "critical accounts" as to her whereabouts.

"Also, you are the only person I have ever heard state that Fran was TT's alibi. Was this also heard from a neighbor? From a police report? From other family members? The source of this information seems very important."
A: Let me begin by saying; I do not believe Francis set out to provide TT with an alibli. She told a lie, that led to another lie, and another. Until there was no way to walk it back. Never believing it would matter. That is the most generous account I can come up. I do not believe she or Debbie conspired to mislead LE. Let's leave it at that.

I would love to join THE WALL party, if I could!

FW Cat, I don't doubt what you are telling, you say what you know and what you can safely say, without compromising your anonymity and safety. It's a probable multiple murder we are talking about, on a public forum. It's never too careful.

I guess after over 40 years, the neighbors and locals who knew a thing or two, may not all be around to give evidence any more. It is so hard to prove now. It would be great if they can indeed check the cars down in the river. If there are human remains, probably the biggest hope for a breakthrough.

FW_Cat, I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around your contention that the Arnolds didn't go to Seminary South when the girls went missing. I'm not doubting your honesty, just really wishing I knew more about your sources because if they didn't go to the mall it defies a bit of logic (the families by all accounts were very alarmed and worried. Why would the Arnolds stay home?).

Also, it would mean not only have the Arnolds been lying (or reciting a confused recollection) to the press and community all these years but that the other families have gone along with it. They've been interviewed together, conducted searches together, several siblings actively participate in the FB group together. Why would the other families go along with something that isn't true?

Fran and Rusty, specifically, have told the story of going into the mall on the day of the disappearance to have the girls paged countless times. It would probably take me a whole day to count them all up. And that's just their public statements. There's no way the other families wouldn't be aware of this. Why wouldn't they correct the record if that wasn't true? It doesn't make sense to me.

I know you say your sources have no reason to lie, but I don't really understand why anyone else would have a reason to lie either. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Is there a post that lists who everyone is and how they are related? I know Rusty is the brother but who are all the others?
I followed this some years ago but have since forgotten so much about it.

FW_Cat, I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around your contention that the Arnolds didn't go to Seminary South when the girls went missing. I'm not doubting your honesty, just really wishing I knew more about your sources because if they didn't go to the mall it defies a bit of logic (the families by all accounts were very alarmed and worried. Why would the Arnolds stay home?).

Also, it would mean not only have the Arnolds been lying (or reciting a confused recollection) to the press and community all these years but that the other families have gone along with it. They've been interviewed together, conducted searches together, several siblings actively participate in the FB group together. Why would the other families go along with something that isn't true?

Fran and Rusty, specifically, have told the story of going into the mall on the day of the disappearance to have the girls paged countless times. It would probably take me a whole day to count them all up. And that's just their public statements. There's no way the other families wouldn't be aware of this. Why wouldn't they correct the record if that wasn't true? It doesn't make sense to me.

I know you say your sources have no reason to lie, but I don't really understand why anyone else would have a reason to lie either. Do you have any thoughts on this?
How long would you be willing to go along to get along? You might end up being more afraid of one another than you are of the suspect. Two of these families need a hero. I want to believe the cavalry is coming...but, it gets harder every year. If you ever need to really understand why something is the way it is...try to change it.

Attachments

• godfather2.jpg
    godfather2.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 51

TG webs, are you still in touch with Terry Mosley? Would be interesting to know if he knows anything about Fran's whereabouts on the day. Or what she said about that in front of the other families.

This is my first post here on Websleuths but I've been reading the posts on this thread for a long time. I wanted to post an article I published on this case a couple of days ago. I tried to compile as much information as I could into one spot in order to wade through much of the speculation and misinformation on the case. It's a members only Medium story, but non members get 3 free articles a month so everyone should be able to read it. Non-members can even register for a free account if they want to post or ask a question. I hope it will help bring more publicity to the case. What Happened to the Fort Worth Trio? – Tamara Gane – Medium

Is there a post that lists who everyone is and how they are related? I know Rusty is the brother but who are all the others?
I followed this some years ago but have since forgotten so much about it.
TGwebs' recent article should remind you of the background, and all the main players.:)

TG webs, are you still in touch with Terry Mosley? Would be interesting to know if he knows anything about Fran's whereabouts on the day. Or what she said about that in front of the other families.
Terry would not have any first person recollections of what the Arnolds were doing that day. The Arnolds and Moseleys barely knew each other prior to the disappearance. When the girls went missing Terry did not go to the mall so he wasn't there when the car was found.

Terry would not have any first person recollections of what the Arnolds were doing that day. The Arnolds and Moseleys barely knew each other prior to the disappearance. When the girls went missing Terry did not go to the mall so he wasn't there when the car was found.
What about after that day? You mentioned they sat through a lot of interviews together. Did he notice any disbelief from the Wilsons, for example? Or whispers through grapevines? You would think if the Arnolds neighbour had something they noticed, it would filter through to the Moseleys.

What about after that day? You mentioned they sat through a lot of interviews together. Did he notice any disbelief from the Wilsons, for example? Or whispers through grapevines? You would think if the Arnolds neighbour had something they noticed, it would filter through to the Moseleys.
Why would it filter across the freeway to people they had never heard of - let alone met?

I would love to join THE WALL party, if I could!

FW Cat, I don't doubt what you are telling, you say what you know and what you can safely say, without compromising your anonymity and safety. It's a probable multiple murder we are talking about, on a public forum. It's never too careful.

I guess after over 40 years, the neighbors and locals who knew a thing or two, may not all be around to give evidence any more. It is so hard to prove now. It would be great if they can indeed check the cars down in the river. If there are human remains, probably the biggest hope for a breakthrough.
All this case needs is the right car in the wrong place. He will not be able to explain it. It will be over - for this case. All three of those cars are clandestine graves - according to experts. Only one of them needs to be ours. The problem I am having is this: with stakes as high as they get; why aren't we focused on identifying the make, model, year, and owner of each vehicle as a next step? Our case doesn't require further physical evidence beyond those facts. Finally; until the research is done - there is no way of knowing if they were put in the lake and that car hauled out years ago for any number of reasons by The Army Corps of Engineers.

Why would it filter across the freeway to people they had never heard of - let alone met?
:p

FW Cat, you must be so frustrated with us 'outsiders' asking impossible questions.

For me it's hard to know how grapevines work. Maybe there is indeed a 6th degree of separation. And apparently news of this mystery saturated news reports for a long time. Maybe even strangers knew who Terry was.

:p

FW Cat, you must be so frustrated with us 'outsiders' asking impossible questions.

For me it's hard to know how grapevines work. Maybe there is indeed a 6th degree of separation. And apparently news of this mystery saturated news reports for a long time. Maybe even strangers knew who Terry was.
Nooo, don't think THAT! o_O I do get impatient with some ppl who arrive "late to the party." I don't blame them for it, however, I have 174 messages (counting this one) - only one case that I work on. I don't think that is too much information to skim through if you got here 10 minutes ago. I'm not here to summarize the mountain of information - much I am not free to discuss. I'm here to ask thought provoking questions, challenge ideas, and bring some logic to the chaos of theory. Forgive me when I am glib. Mostly, that happens when I'm tired and under stress. This case is like a bad soap opera in it's 44th season. Ask your questions. My intention is always to keep the main thing the MAIN THING. Figure out where they ended up; it will tell us what happened and who is responsible. Try to remember that I live here and know things, and I'll try to remember that yall don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa