UK -Major incident declared - UK anti-terror police investigating possible nerve agent attack, 2018

Yes,I agree.Someone could be killed attempting to make anything dangerous especially poison.I have read some reports of police officers who have either gotten too close to a suspects drugs and have terrible effects.I know some things are absorbed thru the skin so just picking up something could affect you like the perfume bottle you were speaking about earlier.

Dear Mr. Putin, their names are Dawn Sturgess and Charlie Rowley and it was a perfume bottle.

Why doesn't he Google or read WS or MSM? Does he really expect us to believe they don't know anything about this second incident (or indeed the first one).

I agree. I’d also be interested to know more about the alleged attempt to hack into police computers. It’s all very sinister I really don’t know what to believe.

"Dawn Sturgess died after spraying perfume laced with the nerve agent onto both her wrists, her boyfriend, who was also exposed to the deadly substance, has revealed."

"According to reports from U.S security officials, police have recovered grainy CCTV images of persons of the possible Kremlin-backed assignation squad who inadvertently killed Dawn."

Novichok victim 'sprayed poison from perfume bottle onto wrists' | Daily Mail Online

JMO
One of the things concerning about this is that it appears Russia likes to get revenge on people that have done them wrong.

There was a 2010 spy swap and that should have been the end of it. But no. Russia still wanted revenge and tried to kill him.

Back in 2010. The 4 released by Russia and sent to Britan included Skripal.

"Moscow and Washington orchestrated the biggest and least secret spy swap in decades today, a face-saving handover that transferred 10 Russian "sleepers" arrested in America last week to Russia in return for four alleged double agents."

"Skripal was sentenced in August 2006 to 13 years in jail for spying for Britain. Russian prosecutors said he had been paid $100,000 by MI6 for the information, which he had been supplying since the 1990s when he was a serving officer."

Spy swap: US and Russia hand over agents in full media glare

"Mr Skripal was a senior officer in the GRU until he was jailed for 13 years for spying for the British in 2006. He was freed in a spy swap in 2010 and settled in the UK."

Novichok victim 'sprayed poison from perfume bottle onto wrists' | Daily Mail Online

JMO

"Skripal was sentenced in August 2006 to 13 years in jail for spying for Britain. Russian prosecutors said he had been paid $100,000 by MI6 for the information, which he had been supplying since the 1990s when he was a serving officer."

I was just wondering how much he got paid to spy and you posted! I'm shocked at how little it is - not worth the risk of getting caught - at all.

I was just wondering how much he got paid to spy and you posted! I'm shocked at how little it is - not worth the risk of getting caught - at all.

Agree
Being a spy or even more dangerous a double agent spy is definitely a life threatening career path.

No amount of money in the world is worth losing your life over.

Agree
Being a spy or even more dangerous a double agent spy is definitely a life threatening career path.

No amount of money in the world is worth losing your life over.

I'm actually surprised Russia let him out of prison. It doesn't make sense to me they'd do that and then kill him--it would have been easier to do when they had him in custody.

I'm actually surprised Russia let him out of prison. It doesn't make sense to me they'd do that and then kill him--it would have been easier to do when they had him in custody.

Yeah Im surprised too that they even kept him alive after they arrested him in Russia.

I guess they wanted their 10 american spies back bad enough to give him up and they probably had this plan all along that they can just execute him at a later time.

The other 3 they released had better have 24 hour security on them.

I just recently saw a TV special on Olympic Doping Scandal at the Russia Olympics and there are a few whistleblowers that allegedly were killed and some fearing their life still.

They are ruthless about getting revenge on people that have wronged them. At least in democratic societies we just bring them to court most of the time and dont execute them on the spot. Scary stuff but all too real.

One of the things concerning about this is that it appears Russia likes to get revenge on people that have done them wrong.

But also, I think this is a kind of state-sponsored terrorism and the primary intended effect was to shock and upset people, especially government officials. There was some discussion earlier on this thread about why not just shoot Skripal: I think using a nerve agent ensures massive media coverage, and sends unequivocal messages: "enemies of Russia beware", and "western nations are helpless to stop us doing what we please."

The fact that both Skripals survived, and the victim was instead an innocent woman, makes the Russians look fairly inept, IMO.

Novichok poisonings: police search Salisbury park visited by couple
rbbm.
"Queen Elizabeth Gardens is one of the spots the couple visited the day before they fell ill. The popular riverside park is five minutes’ walk from the bench where the Russian former spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, collapsed in March after being exposed to novichok.

Rowley’s brother, Matthew, has claimed the vessel was a perfume or aftershave bottle and said the couple found it in a park around nine days before they fell ill. Matthew Rowley claimed his brother had told him one or both of them sprayed the perfume over themselves – and also said the vessel broke. The authorities have not confirmed his version of events."

Police were seen combing through flower beds in the park. Officers are also going to be searching the river Avon, which runs through the park."

Meanwhile..
Vladimir Putin reopens town where Novichok was developed
Vladimir Putin reopens town where Novichok was developed
TELEMMGLPICT000161244887_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqJwcOq3zzVZdXmODgA8vKOa_qRYrSU6X_GnQkSAtQ0mA.jpeg

"The facility in Shikhany led the efforts to develop Soviet chemical weapons, including Novichok-class nerve agents Credit: AP"

Last edited:
Skripal Novichok poisoning suspects ‘identified’

(ETA - I am posting an additional link above as the express one below would not load for me.)

Just heard on radio that two suspects have been identified from cctv. Will find link and edit post.

Novichok poisoning suspects IDENTIFIED four months after nerve agent attack, police say

“'Investigators believe they have identified the suspected perpetrators of the Novichok attack through CCTV and have cross-checked this with records of people who entered the country around that time,' the station reported early Thursday."

https://nypost.com/2018/07/19/police-reportedly-id-russians-behind-nerve-agent-attack-in-england/

I am very curious about the images they were able to find that lead to ID's the suspects!

jmo

UK police identify suspects in Novichok poisoning case, source says - CNN
"The source said investigators have been combing through months of surveillance camera footage from UK airports and from Salisbury, where the Skripals were poisoned in an attack the British government blames on Russia.
Using facial recognition technology, authorities discovered two "fresh identities" -- individuals not known to have been spies or used in other attacks -- the source added.
Investigators crosschecked that information with the manifest of the flight on which the suspects were believed to have left Britain soon after the attack in March.
They traveled on aliases, the source said.
A British station in Cyprus intercepted a coded Russian message to Moscow just after the poisoning saying that the pair had left the UK, the source said."
rbbm.

UK police identify suspects in Novichok poisoning case, source says - CNN
"The source said investigators have been combing through months of surveillance camera footage from UK airports and from Salisbury, where the Skripals were poisoned in an attack the British government blames on Russia.
Using facial recognition technology, authorities discovered two "fresh identities" -- individuals not known to have been spies or used in other attacks -- the source added.
Investigators crosschecked that information with the manifest of the flight on which the suspects were believed to have left Britain soon after the attack in March.
They traveled on aliases, the source said.
A British station in Cyprus intercepted a coded Russian message to Moscow just after the poisoning saying that the pair had left the UK, the source said."
rbbm.
Wow, how the heck do CNN know that?

"The source said......"

A leak?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads