GUILTY MD - Pfc Karlyn Ramirez, 24, murdered in her Severn home, 25 Aug 2015

http://patch.com/maryland/odenton/h...fbihttp://patch.com/maryland/odenton/husband-
killed-wife-placed-baby-her-arms-fled-maryland-fbi

Kearney allegedly shot his wife to death, thenplaced baby Kattaleya in her mother's arms before driving 500 miles back to South Carolina to be at work the next morning, Shaffer said, in a move to provide an alibi he plotted ahead of time.

The baby spent nearly eight hours alone, on her dead mother’s body, the FBI agent said.

Ramirez's husband, Maliek Kearney, 35, a master sergeant in the Army, was stationed at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, when his wife died, and he was reportedly on duty in South Carolina at the time his wife was killed, police said.

Delgado stayed in South Carolina during the killing but let Kearney drive her car to Maryland and gave him the gun he used to shoot his wife, Shaffer said.

Girlfriend Of Slain Fort Meade Soldier's Husband Pleads Guilty In Death

https://patch.com/maryland/odenton/girlfriend-slain-fort-meade-soldiers-husband-pleads-guilty-death

Delgado pleaded guilty Tuesday in federal court for interstate travel to commit domestic violence resulting in death in connection with the death of Ramirez. Delgado faces a maximum sentence of life in prison when she is sentenced on Nov. 20; she remains in custody. The case against Kearney is still pending.

Mistress reveals how Army sergeant allegedly plotted wife's murder

BALTIMORE — For the second day, the mistress of an Army sergeant charged in the death of his estranged wife testified about the plot to kill the Fort Meade soldier, CBS Baltimore reports. "I kinda figured they'd be knocking on my door at some point in time," Dolores Delgado said.

Police eventually arrested her and Sgt. Maliek Kearney more than a year after the killing of Pfc. Karlyn Ramirez in Anne Arundel County.
[...]
"I was having nightmares that he was choking me or he would hurt me in some way… I was having nightmares about getting arrested," she said.

Delgado first met Kearney while they were serving in Iraq in 2007. She previously testified that she provided Kearney with the gun used in the murder and allowed Kearney to drive her car to Severn.

"I lied to give him an alibi so he wouldn't get into trouble," she told jurors.
[...]
"If he couldn't have his family back together, no man was going to raise his daughter. He was," said Delgado.

Delgado testified that she was upset about Kearney cozying up to Ramirez's family after the killing.

"He was visiting his dead wife's grave. Her family was welcoming him in, and I was not comfortable with that happening—the family not knowing who he was," she said. "I was upset he was playing this role of 'poor him, a widower' and letting her family comfort him. They should've been the ones being comforted."

Prosecutors went through her phone messages and screen captures before and after the killing. They showed jurors one meme she sent Kearney just days before the murder. It read, "Remember if we get caught, you are deaf and I don't speak English."

Jury finds Army soldier guilty of killing his wife, a young private at Fort Meade

Army Sgt. Maliek Kearney was found guilty Thursday in what prosecutors said was an elaborate plot that ended with his wife shot to death and their baby placed beside her.

Kearney, 37, was convicted of the federal crime of crossing state lines to commit domestic violence resulting in death. He faces up to life in prison when he is sentenced in November.

Kearney’s mistress, Dolores Delgado, 33, of Florida, pleaded guilty last year to the same federal crime. She also faces up to life in prison when she is sentenced in September.​

Dolores Delgado was sentenced to 17 years in prison, followed by five years of supervised release, for interstate travel to commit domestic violence resulting in death, in connection with the murder of Karlyn Ramirez, that happened in Anne Arundel County.

Maliek Kearney of San Antonio, with whom Delgado had a romantic relationship with, was convicted by a federal jury on August 9 for the murder and a related gun charge.

San Antonio woman sentenced for her involvement in Ft. Meade soldier's murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back