CA CA - Steven Bronson, 31, Long Beach, 27 June 2018

Cagle

Reaction score
Steven Matthew Bronson was last seen leaving his home in Long Beach. His car was towed from the N/B I-5 freeway. It was found with the windows rolled down and his belongings inside.
36985515_1740738546004181_8928864617539567616_n.jpg

Long Beach Police Department (CA)

When I clicked on the message box, it goes to Search & Rescue. All I asked was what day was the car seen along I-5, what day did LE pick it up, what was the cross location to I-5 just north of Castaic? They reply by saying that Long Beach PD is taking the lead role on this case....Then Why even have a message box that goes to an organization that can't even answer a simple question? So I'm listening to L-TAC on the scanner for our local L.A. County Sheriff's dept. and 1 squad is NB, somewhere between Templin Hwy. & Vista del Lago at Pyramid Lake to look. If the last seen date was June 27th and the M.P. poster comes out on July 12th, thats 2 1/2 weeks when we've had upwards of 117 deg. F temps....as the t.v. show states, "The First 48 hours is the most critical".

Just got back from trying to see what Searching would be like....Most people that know me, realize I will put out the effort. Prior to the trip, I did call Long Beach PD and I now know, that officer was knowledgeable but not normally at that desk. They believe the car was NB I-5 and approx. 3 miles south of Vista del Lago exit which puts it exactly at Cherry Canyon where you can only see that sign if you are south bound...THERE IS NO SAFE PLACE between Templin Hwy. & Vista del Lago to safely pull over. A small wiggle by 1 semi in the non-stop convoy will WIPE YOU OUT. Then I stopped at the CHP office on the old road to find out they have NO LOG on which tow company picked up the car, which day and they extended the search to as far as Hwy. 138...I won't be searching on this case.

Just got back from trying to see what Searching would be like....Most people that know me, realize I will put out the effort. Prior to the trip, I did call Long Beach PD and I now know, that officer was knowledgeable but not normally at that desk. They believe the car was NB I-5 and approx. 3 miles south of Vista del Lago exit which puts it exactly at Cherry Canyon where you can only see that sign if you are south bound...THERE IS NO SAFE PLACE between Templin Hwy. & Vista del Lago to safely pull over. A small wiggle by 1 semi in the non-stop convoy will WIPE YOU OUT. Then I stopped at the CHP office on the old road to find out they have NO LOG on which tow company picked up the car, which day and they extended the search to as far as Hwy. 138...I won't be searching on this case.
I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties - Steve's girlfriend H seems to be just as frustrated. I If hope you do consider helping in the future if needed and things can be better organized.

--

If you check Steve's facebook info, you'll find the link to H's profile where she shares his flyer. On her June 11th share, she offers all the details she knows which includes that Steve lives with a roommate and the apt was searched and he hd recently quit his job before he went missing.

Sadly, I don't think Steve just took off and has either taken his own life or there is foul play based on how the car was found and where.

I am hoping she can create a Facebook page to concentrate efforts .

More comments:
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station
Long Beach Police Department (CA)

And before anyone gets uppity, Steve's tattoos are not gang or prison tattoos (black flag is a punk rock band from the 80s, and are not skinheads)

Missing Long Beach Man May Have Gone Through Santa Clarita, Car Found In Lebec
This report places the car in Lebec, jiving with reports of it bein gnear Lake Castaic which is much farther north than Cherry Canyon. There is a big difference between being found in Cherry Canyon area vs up in Lebec in my opinon. A couple weeks before he went missing, Steve and his girlfriend had tried driving out to Bakersfield for some reason and got lost so never made it. I wonder if he was trying to make that trip?

A different photo of Steve so you can see how he looks full body with all tattoos- second photo shows his red shoes and ring. Photo credit : HW, Steve Bronson facebook

34199442_2244197012474269_3143492800234913792_n.jpg

32359612_2234064580154179_6165640576650706944_n.jpg

Last edited:
VAIL, you have been very helpful with your postings...but now either the Long Beach PD is NOT telling everyone the same story and/or CHP is NOT telling the same story....I never called our LASD here in Santa Clarita Valley because they are not the lead agency, but sure they were credited for searching 6 hours where I was. CHP Castaic desk told me that the Media first contacted the Tejon CHP branch which is close to the Frazier Park exit AND THEY SAID the car was found in the Castaic's area...EVERYONE IS POINTING THE FINGER AND NO ONE IS SEARCHING. IF, CHP would close off lane #4, I would easily join a mass group to look along the NB edge of freeway. I was told by Long Beach PD when I called, if you think psychics can help, that one offered a "NEAR A BODY OF WATER" statement. This doesn't help me because of the different accounts of where the car was towed from.

VAIL, you have been very helpful with your postings...but now either the Long Beach PD is NOT telling everyone the same story and/or CHP is NOT telling the same story....I never called our LASD here in Santa Clarita Valley because they are not the lead agency, but sure they were credited for searching 6 hours where I was. CHP Castaic desk told me that the Media first contacted the Tejon CHP branch which is close to the Frazier Park exit AND THEY SAID the car was found in the Castaic's area...EVERYONE IS POINTING THE FINGER AND NO ONE IS SEARCHING. IF, CHP would close off lane #4, I would easily join a mass group to look along the NB edge of freeway. I was told by Long Beach PD when I called, if you think psychics can help, that one offered a "NEAR A BODY OF WATER" statement. This doesn't help me because of the different accounts of where the car was towed from.

Psychics, seriously?! It never ceases to amaze me how unwilling PDs are to work with one another. Whoever's turf the car was found needs to take some responsibility and remember this is exactly what the public needs them for. I truly hope his family can get the help they need, wherever it comes from.

When I clicked on the message box, it goes to Search & Rescue. All I asked was what day was the car seen along I-5, what day did LE pick it up, what was the cross location to I-5 just north of Castaic? They reply by saying that Long Beach PD is taking the lead role on this case....Then Why even have a message box that goes to an organization that can't even answer a simple question? So I'm listening to L-TAC on the scanner for our local L.A. County Sheriff's dept. and 1 squad is NB, somewhere between Templin Hwy. & Vista del Lago at Pyramid Lake to look. If the last seen date was June 27th and the M.P. poster comes out on July 12th, thats 2 1/2 weeks when we've had upwards of 117 deg. F temps....as the t.v. show states, "The First 48 hours is the most critical".
The car was found ON the shoulder of I-5. It had gas in it, keys in it, personal belongings in it. It was found and towed on June 30th. No one can seem tomgive me an exact answer as to where either. :(.

I don’t really know anything about this site. My gf turned me onto it. It really sounds like you cpuld help. I am famoly to Steven. Another friend of his has been up there searching daily. Supposed to be a well hidden area of Homeless up there. You know anything about this?

I don’t really know anything about this site. My gf turned me onto it. It really sounds like you cpuld help. I am famoly to Steven. Another friend of his has been up there searching daily. Supposed to be a well hidden area of Homeless up there. You know anything about this?
This is the post about the homeless camp:

Santa Clarita, castaic lake, lake Hughes and the 5, and sylmar, after that there’s not really anything until after tejon pass, we hit up the sheriffs and the park ranger team that is searching for him. There’s a homeless camp like way out In the mountain near lake Hughes lagoon I guess but we couldn’t find it

This is the post about the homeless camp:

Santa Clarita, castaic lake, lake Hughes and the 5, and sylmar, after that there’s not really anything until after tejon pass, we hit up the sheriffs and the park ranger team that is searching for him. There’s a homeless camp like way out In the mountain near lake Hughes lagoon I guess but we couldn’t find it
Lake Hughes is way out of the way from the rest of those, its about 25 miles northeast of Castaic. That would be an extremely odd place for a homeless camp

Hey Gramma

I am really feeling for you right now and how worried you must be for Steve. By all accounts he looks like a fun and happy guy with a lot of friends and loved ones that want him home. I hope this has a good outcome. We did recently have a girl that disappeared from her home in LA and was found alive 6 months later at a commune in northern california. Sometimes people really can just up and leave it all.

This site is mainly an anonymous place that brings together a wide variety of people (including professionals, retired professionals, those with special research or search skills/resources) to help "sleuth" out tips and support the families of those who have disappeared or fallen victim to a crime. Everyone has different reasons for doing it, but I feel comfortable speaking for most of us here when I say the main reason is because we have a deep appreciation for life and believe everyone deserves to be found, remembered and anyone that hurt them caught.What we are not interested in is divulging unrelated private details publicly (ie doxxing), compromising the investigation with anything we say publicly, or psychics.

With that said, I'd like to offer you the following if it is helpful for you or Steve's girlfriend on things you can do on your own:

1. Get in touch with the AWARE foundation on facebook who can help spread the word and offer other assistance such as how to start and maintain a facebook page for Steve The AWARE Foundation, Inc.

2. Missing and Homeless can also help connect you with organisations in your area and where Steve went missing that specifically work with the homeless. This is important if there is any thought he may be on the streets for any reason Missing & Homeless

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind:
1. Was he agitated at the time he was last seen/left home?
2. Do you know what he might have wanted to travel to Bakersfield for?
3. Has he ever expressed a desire to go off the grid
4. Any known enemies/gang affiliations? (you can just say yes or no)
5. Drugs? (I understand if you don't want to answer this but it does help us sleuth or search the right people/areas if this is a yes)
6. Do you have any reason to believe he may have harmed himself?
7. Are there any stories you'd like to tell us about Steve or his life to give us an idea of who he is or to help ease your thoughts?

If no one is divulging where the car was towed, my guess is LE has it and will be dodgy about it until it has been processed.

Last edited:
Gramma2girls...I will not use her last name, but you must know and be connected to NICOLE who is a cousin. I have sent numerous private messages (PM's) to her. Because family has more rights and power than I do, I asked her to try and find out if the car "over heated" coming up the hill near Templin hwy. If so, Steven would have been waiting for it to cool down or gone walking for help. The only neighborhood is off Templin Hwy. called Paradise Ranch. Tow truck companies won't talk to me because I am not family. The tow location is the most critical part of this. Once again, Vail is asking great questions that also would help.

9C4B78DF-25A8-4011-9233-735314440B7F.jpeg
Gramma2girls...I will not use her last name, but you must know and be connected to NICOLE who is a cousin. I have sent numerous private messages (PM's) to her. Because family has more rights and power than I do, I asked her to try and find out if the car "over heated" coming up the hill near Templin hwy. If so, Steven would have been waiting for it to cool down or gone walking for help. The only neighborhood is off Templin Hwy. called Paradise Ranch. Tow truck companies won't talk to me because I am not family. The tow location is the most critical part of this. Once again, Vail is asking great questions that also would help.
Oh how I wish I knew your name! I’m goin to try and post a picture here but I now have REAL reason to believe we need to look at Paradise Ranch thx to YOUR post here!! This woman lives in Lebec and supposedly posted by accident in the middle of a convo I was having with one of Steve’s friends.

Hey Gramma

I am really feeling for you right now and how worried you must be for Steve. By all accounts he looks like a fun and happy guy with a lot of friends and loved ones that want him home. I hope this has a good outcome. We did recently have a girl that disappeared from her home in LA and was found alive 6 months later at a commune in northern california. Sometimes people really can just up and leave it all.

This site is mainly an anonymous place that brings together a wide variety of people (including professionals, retired professionals, those with special research or search skills/resources) to help "sleuth" out tips and support the families of those who have disappeared or fallen victim to a crime. Everyone has different reasons for doing it, but I feel comfortable speaking for most of us here when I say the main reason is because we have a deep appreciation for life and believe everyone deserves to be found, remembered and anyone that hurt them caught.What we are not interested in is divulging unrelated private details publicly (ie doxxing), compromising the investigation with anything we say publicly, or psychics.

With that said, I'd like to offer you the following if it is helpful for you or Steve's girlfriend on things you can do on your own:

1. Get in touch with the AWARE foundation on facebook who can help spread the word and offer other assistance such as how to start and maintain a facebook page for Steve The AWARE Foundation, Inc.

2. Missing and Homeless can also help connect you with organisations in your area and where Steve went missing that specifically work with the homeless. This is important if there is any thought he may be on the streets for any reason Missing & Homeless

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind:
1. Was he agitated at the time he was last seen/left home?
2. Do you know what he might have wanted to travel to Bakersfield for?
3. Has he ever expressed a desire to go off the grid
4. Any known enemies/gang affiliations? (you can just say yes or no)
5. Drugs? (I understand if you don't want to answer this but it does help us sleuth or search the right people/areas if this is a yes)
6. Do you have any reason to believe he may have harmed himself?
7. Are there any stories you'd like to tell us about Steve or his life to give us an idea of who he is or to help ease your thoughts?

If no one is divulging where the car was towed, my guess is LE has it and will be dodgy about it until it has been processed.
I will HONESTLY answer your questions hoping it does not deter any of you from helping us.

1. I was told tonight Steve was agitated when he left and told someone his gf broke up with him. I can’t even make myself ask the gf because she is doing more than his own parents (not me). I am Steve’s “other mom” as he has called me for 25 years as he grew up with my own sons.

2. I’m not even sure where that Bakersfield info came from. Steven was a great driver and could find anything!

3. Go off grid. No.

4. No gangs or enemies.

5. Yes. He is an addict and was clean until June 14th.

6. Steven has tried to kill himself three times before that I know of

7. Steven has the biggest heart of anyone I know. SUPER loveable guy. Never feels worthy. Seems to sabotage his own happiness. He is SO LOVED BY SO MANY.

I will HONESTLY answer your questions hoping it does not deter any of you from helping us.

1. I was told tonight Steve was agitated when he left and told someone his gf broke up with him. I can’t even make myself ask the gf because she is doing more than his own parents (not me). I am Steve’s “other mom” as he has called me for 25 years as he grew up with my own sons.

2. I’m not even sure where that Bakersfield info came from. Steven was a great driver and could find anything!

3. Go off grid. No.

4. No gangs or enemies.

5. Yes. He is an addict and was clean until June 14th.

6. Steven has tried to kill himself three times before that I know of

7. Steven has the biggest heart of anyone I know. SUPER loveable guy. Never feels worthy. Seems to sabotage his own happiness. He is SO LOVED BY SO MANY.

Thank you for this. I have seen your pleas on Facebook for help finding him. I wish very much I was back there to help you more thoroughly.

With regards to Bakersfield, he and H had tried driving out there a week or two before he disappeared, got lost, and drove around for hours deciding it was an adventure (according to Facebook) I noticed his car was found on a straight shot up there and thought he may have tried to remake that trip for whatever reason they were going there before. Knowing about the ranch comment now puts you in a different direction and that definitely needs to be looked into.

I'm concerned, as I'm sure you are, that he is a recovering addict that had experienced a recent relapse with history of suicidal tendencies based on what you've shared. If there was a break up as well, I think getting a few cadaver dogs through a few miles radius around the car needs to happen if it hasn't already. He deserves to be found no matter what his struggles were.

Quite a few people have been saying to check psych wards and detoxes by Castaic and surrounding areas. I'm not sure if it's protocol for detectives to do that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back