Found Deceased IA - Jake Wilson, 16, La Porte City, 07 Apr 2018 *autistic*

As others have pointed out, despite the extensive search of the river, Jake could still be in the water, IMO.

What I would very much like to know is whether LE has interviewed those who were at the ice cream shop that evening (both employees and customers) and verified their alibis for that night.

What if Jake told someone he was going to the creek later, or someone at the shop asked him to meet him/her there after they got off of work with nefarious intent?

La Porte City 16-year-old missing for three months
In a Facebook post, Jake's mom said, "Today you have been missing for 3 long months Jake Wilson! Please try to find your way home. We miss you more than you'll ever know. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING JAKE'S DISAPPEARANCE, PLEASE CONTACT LAW ENFORCEMENT OR CALL 911. We need Jake home! #BringJakeHome"
Angeline Hartmann with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children said investigators are looking at other possibilities since he was not found in the creek.

Video at link.

Search for Jake Wilson Continues Three Months After La Porte City Teen Went Missing
"Jake's still out there. He's somewhere. We need your guys' help to bring him home. We've looked as far as our local areas can look and we haven't been able to find him, so we need the people's help," said Chief Chris Brecher.
La Porte City police say they are not ruling anything out. Jake's family has been cooperating with the investigation and are not considered suspects at this time.

I think he has to be in the water because that is where he said he was going. The slopes on the bank of a river are usually slippery and muddy and he could have easily fell in.

The current could have carried his body downstream a little ways and it may have gotten stuck underwater by branches or debri. If that is what happened then searching along the banks downstream is usually a good idea because at some point his body would normally end up along the bank and tangled in debri.
Hope he can be found soon.

"then told his family he was going to nearby Wolf Creek around 8:30 to 9 p.m. and would be right back."

UPDATE: Search for Jake Wilson shifts to investigative (VIDEO/PICTURES)

ETA - After reading he had cowboy boots on now I am even more convinced he slipped and fell in the water. Cowboy boots are notorious for slipping because they have flat soles on bottom. Poor tread and easily to slip down a muddy bank.

"He was wearing a dark brown zip-up jacket, dark sweatpants and cowboy boots."

Last edited:
I think he has to be in the water because that is where he said he was going. The slopes on the bank of a river are usually slippery and muddy and he could have easily fell in.

The current could have carried his body downstream a little ways and it may have gotten stuck underwater by branches or debri. If that is what happened then searching along the banks downstream is usually a good idea because at some point his body would normally end up along the bank and tangled in debri.
Hope he can be found soon.

"then told his family he was going to nearby Wolf Creek around 8:30 to 9 p.m. and would be right back."

UPDATE: Search for Jake Wilson shifts to investigative (VIDEO/PICTURES)

ETA - After reading he had cowboy boots on now I am even more convinced he slipped and fell in the water. Cowboy boots are notorious for slipping because they have flat soles on bottom. Poor tread and easily to slip down a muddy bank.

"He was wearing a dark brown zip-up jacket, dark sweatpants and cowboy boots."

This is definitely a strong possibility. How strong are the currents there? Of course, unless he was somehow lured into a dangerous situation by someone else.

I don’t think it’s connected, but for reference how far is he from where Mollie T in Brooklyn went missing. I’m upset they have not found Jake. They make it sound like an accident happened. And maybe one did. But also, maybe one didn’t.

I don’t think it’s connected, but for reference how far is he from where Mollie T in Brooklyn went missing. I’m upset they have not found Jake. They make it sound like an accident happened. And maybe one did. But also, maybe one didn’t.

According to Apple Maps, it’s an 1 hr 3 min. drive.

Attachments

• D9EABFA7-0EE7-4DF2-92EB-D6E029333B93.png
    D9EABFA7-0EE7-4DF2-92EB-D6E029333B93.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 4
According to Apple Maps, it’s an 1 hr 3 min. drive.
Thank you. Quite close

Actually really close

Would be interesting to map out and show the path of where Jake, Mollie, Elizabeth and Lyric all went missing. As well as where Elizabeth and Lyric were found. Surely no connection. But without definitive proof it’s called certainly worth trying to triangulate or see visually what the information shows us.

They are pretty close. I'd say it is a possibility. It should be looked into.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back