Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally the Texas Rangers will get to the bottom of things but they are spread pretty thin and their individual case loads are enormous. It is not unusual for a Ranger to have 10 separate cases he/she is working at any one time, so they aren't afforded the luxury of concentrating on one case like in the old days. The AG's office on the other hand sends out detectives and they are able to concentrate on the one case until some sort of resolution is determined. Nonetheless, whether it be Rangers or AG Investigators they have to rely on the evidence that was collected IE: cars, phones, blood, clothing etc in addition to interviewing family, friends and LEO's so the evidence could be skewed or influenced particularly by those with an agenda. If the Sheriff is involved it will be revealed it may just take some time and unfortunately it is at the cost of the family having to wait even longer. I can assure all of you the only thing we cops hate worse than a dirty cop is a cop killer...and its a close second! I listened to the podcast and I wanted to address the FBI involvement, this is a state case as it stands and the FBI has no jurisdiction unless some form of public corruption is revealed. They can come in and assist with personnel and resources but that is it.
Thanks for what you do bud.I've actually heard cops about having a dirty cop at the top of the list.

I take it they never processed that urine for DNA
I am sure they did not. At the time of the disappearance the SO had already decided it was suicide. One thing that I want to add is that the urine was important because when people are highly stressed or in fight or flight situation (or directly afterwards) the intense need to urinate is part of the nervous systems response to the adrenaline dump. In this case had it not been Thomas driving the Durango to the hiding spot near the ballfields whomever it was, was possibly stressed and scared causing the need to to urinate. Either way identifying the source of the urine, Thomas or not would have been a great help to the case.

Last edited:
I am sure they did not. At the time of the disappearance the SO had already decided it was suicide. One thing that I want to add is that the urine was important because when people are highly stressed or in fight or flight situation (or directly afterwards) the intense need to urinate is part of the nervous systems response to the adrenaline dump. In this case had it not been Thomas driving the Durango to the hiding spot near the ballfields whomever it was, was possibly stressed and scared causing the need to to urinate. Either way identifying the source of the urine, Thomas or not would have been a great help to the case.

It's ... interesting to me how many LE folks think the public is so stupid and put forth such ludicrous stories unsupported by evidence, IMO. Not only this case, but many others.

ETA: It's a shame the taxpayers in the affected jurisdictions often don't remind LE that LE works for the taxpayers.

It's ... interesting to me how many LE folks think the public is so stupid and put forth such ludicrous stories unsupported by evidence, IMO. Not only this case, but many others.

ETA: It's a shame the taxpayers in the affected jurisdictions often don't remind LE that LE works for the taxpayers.
There is probably alot of fear in the taxpayers of that town

Investigators "nearing breakthrough" in Thomas Brown case

After spending four days in Canadian, investigators believe they are nearing a breakthrough in the search for answers surrounding the disappearance of Thomas Brown.

Lead investigator Philip Klein released a statement today, calling their time in Canadian "very productive."

He reassured the community that the investigation is coming together and the case is solvable.

[....]

I agree, not collecting the urine was a mistake, but didn't the dogs follow this young man's scent from his car to the Canadian River?

I think any interested in this case needs to hear the Unfound podcast”Seeds of Doubt” themselves.I have listened to it twice it is about 3 1/2 hrs long.I do not believe AG has the case yet since the county attorney countersued.JMHO

The AG's office has the criminal part of this case.

Investigators "nearing breakthrough" in Thomas Brown case

From the article:

Holmes said she feels there's more trust between them and the community, especially since the Attorney Generals Office has taken over the criminal aspect of the case.

So today on Moms For Tom they called out a specific student that was an athlete with Tom, looking for him. This person had been in contact with Investigators then broke it off. Not naming him here as he is not an official suspect.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It could be something....or absolutely nothing.

Check out Moms4Tom. Be sure to look at replies. A post from PK re one of the comments and another post re PK's post.
Im guessing you are referring to the post that said they were looking for a particular person? That posts has been deleted now. I did read some comments about an assault taking place (NOT in relation to Tom) but thats all I recall now. I wish I had read the comments now.

Im guessing you are referring to the post that said they were looking for a particular person? That posts has been deleted now. I did read some comments about an assault taking place (NOT in relation to Tom) but thats all I recall now. I wish I had read the comments now.
No, I was referring to a post from someone on the site and Phil Klein's (the PI) response to that person. It reminded me a bit of when he challenged Sheriff Meek's interpretation of what happened to M. Chambers a while back.

This just occurred to me but is this the same Sheriff Meek that thinks Michael Chambers committed suicide?

This just occurred to me but is this the same Sheriff Meek that thinks Michael Chambers committed suicide?
No, I'm sorry. Different sheriff, different missing person case but the same private investigator (Phil Klein) as in the Chambers Case. I Was Just Saying that Klein responded strongly to someone on the Moms4Tom sight, (much like Klein did to Meeks a while back.)

So today on Moms For Tom they called out a specific student that was an athlete with Tom, looking for him. This person had been in contact with Investigators then broke it off. Not naming him here as he is not an official suspect.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It could be something....or absolutely nothing.

No, I was referring to a post from someone on the site and Phil Klein's (the PI) response to that person. It reminded me a bit of when he challenged Sheriff Meek's interpretation of what happened to M. Chambers a while back.

I’ve looked and looked and have not been able to find these posts .... Are they from the Moms4Tom FB page?

Moms4Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member