GUILTY Canada - Yosuke Hayahara, 73, pushed, killed by train, Yonge/Bloor subway, 18 June 2018 *arrest*

dotr

Reaction score
WATCH LIVE: Toronto homicide detective provides update after person hit by train at Bloor station - CityNews Toronto
LIVE TORONTO HOMICIDE.
Police investigating whether passenger at Yonge/Bloor station was pushed and killed | The Star
"Toronto homicide officers are investigating to see if a man struck and killed by a train at Yonge/Bloor subway station Monday morning was pushed.

The victim was in his early 20s, police said."
"Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward, and didn’t want to definitely say whether the victim was pushed."

Last edited:
Toronto homicide detectives investigating after man killed at Bloor-Yonge subway station | CBC News
"Toronto police have arrested a man in his 40s in connection with the incident. He has not been charged at this time.

Det. Rob North said the victim was on the platform around 10:15 a.m. and "about to get on a train" when some type of "interaction" occurred. He was then hit by an eastbound train on Line 2. It's unclear if the victim was pushed or stumbled, he explained, noting they're still in the early stages of the investigation.

"We believe this person was the victim of a homicide," said North."

My number one fear while waiting for the subway. I'm one of those people who stand right up against the wall until the train comes to a full stop.

I wonder if this was a deliberate push after an altercation outside the station?

Man, 57, charged with first-degree-murder in Yonge subway station death - CityNews Toronto
"Toronto police have charged a 57-year old with first-degree murder in the Yonge subway station death."
"Police are alleging both the suspect and the victim were waiting for the eastbound train when there is a brief interaction between the two before the victim is pushed in front of the train. There was no audio on the video.

Police say they are still trying to identify the victim, but say he is an Asian man believed to be in his 50s or early 60s with white hair. He was wearing blue running shoes, a white baseball cap and shorts at the time of his death. Police previously believed the victim was in his 20s.

North asked anyone who knows someone matching that description who they haven’t been able to get in touch with, please contact police immediately.

Police say there is no connection between the suspect and the victim."

This kind of story is most terrifying to me. Just going about your day, have a random bad interaction with someone and wham quick as that you're dead. And pushed in front of a train? Shudder. It's so incredibly terrifying!

On the flip side, I also have a crazy life long fear of accidentally causing a horrible death like elbowing a friend to check out a handsome fellow over there and catch her off guard and off balance at just the right time and she falls off the edge of a platform or curb and gets hit by something.

I guess it's the sheer randomness of it combined with how quick those things happen. And how awful they haven't identified the poor victim. Just horrific.

This always scared me but you need to get up front when the train comes or you arent getting on. I use to wait 3 trains sometimes before I was able to get on when I first moved to Toronto bc I was so nervous on the platform.

Accused in subway homicide to appear in Toronto court this morning
"Toronto police say a man accused in the death of another man who was allegedly pushed in front of a train at one of the city's busiest subway stations will appear in court this morning.

The 57-year-old accused, who has yet to be publicly identified, has been charged with one count of first-degree murder in the Monday morning incident at Bloor-Yonge Station."
"As of Tuesday morning, police were still trying to identify the victim, who is described as Asian, in his 50s or early 60s, with white hair".

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #41389
"John Reszetnik, 57, of Toronto, has been charged with:

1) First-Degree Murder

Investigators know there were people who witnessed this incident and are asking anyone who saw this incident to call Detective Rob North, Homicide, at 416-808-7400.

Police have yet to identify the victim in this case. Anyone with a friend or family member who may have been at Bloor subway station on Monday, June 18, 2018, at approximately 10 a.m., and has not been heard from since, is asked to contact police at 416-808-7400.

If you witnessed this event, and are having difficulty with what you saw, please call Victim Services Toronto's crisis line at 416-808-7066. The line is monitored 24 hours a day."

Suspect accused of murdering man at Bloor-Yonge Station makes court appearance
image.jpg

John Reszetnik makes an appearance in a Toronto courtroom in this image from Tuesday June 19, 2018. (John Mantra)
"North said police believe they have identified the victim, but would only say that he is believed to be a Toronto resident.

The suspect, a 57-year-old Toronto man, is known to police from a “minor interaction” in 2015, North said. However he would not elaborate on what that interaction was or say if there is any indication that mental health was a factor in Monday’s events at Bloor-Yonge Station."

The man who died after being pushed off the platform at Bloor-Yonge station on Monday has been identified as Yosuke Hayahara, a 73-year-old Toronto resident, Toronto police said in a news release Tuesday evening.

Toronto homicide Det. Rob North said Monday that Hayahara was on the eastbound platform about 10:15 a.m. when he was pushed onto the tracks as the train entered the station.

Police identify victim pushed off platform at Bloor-Yonge station | The Star

R.I.P. Mr Hayahara :(

Man charged in Toronto subway homicide case appears in court - CityNews Toronto
July 17 2018
"Man charged in Toronto subway homicide case appears in court
John-Reszetnik.jpg

John Reszetnik, 57, appears in a courtroom in College Park in Toronto on June 19, 2018. He is accused of pushing another man to his death in the TTC subway. CITYNEWS/Marianne Boucher
"A man accused of pushing a 73-year-old man in front of a Toronto subway train has had his case put over for a month during a brief video court appearance.

John Reszetnik is charged with first-degree murder in the death Yosuke Hayahara.

Crown attorney Sean Doyle told the court his office has turned some evidence over to the defence and expects to have the rest of it submitted before the case returns to court on Aug. 14."

Jan 11, 2021
Man pleads guilty to senseless slaying of stranger on Toronto subway | Toronto Sun
“In pushing Mr. Hayahara into the front of the subway as it entered the station, Mr. Reszetnik meant either to cause his death, or to cause him bodily harm that he knew was likely to cause his death and was reckless whether death ensued or not.”

Appearing by video from Toronto South Detention Centre, Reszetnik told Ontario Superior Court Justice John McMahon that he understands he now faces an automatic life term in prison with parole eligibility to be set between 10 and 25 years.

He next appears in court Jan. 28.''

TTC subway pusher says he thought victim was landlord evicting him | Toronto Sun
Jan 28 2021
''Minutes after pushing a stranger into the path of a train, John Reszetnik told a firefighter he thought the victim was his landlord trying to evict him.

These and more tragic details were revealed in court Thursday morning in the senseless murder of 73-year-old Yosuke “Yoshi” Hayahara on June 18, 2018.''

''Earlier this month, Reszetnik pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, admitting he shoved the stranger on to the Bloor-Yonge subway tracks as the train pulled into the station at 10:14 a.m. Pulled under the subway and trapped between the wall and track, the beloved father and grandfather died later that day of blunt impact chest trauma.

According to additional agreed facts read into court by Crown attorney Sean Doyle, Reszetnik, then 53, admitted he became focused on Hayahara as they both waited for the eastbound Bloor subway and positioned himself right behind him before pushing him off the platform.''

Killer gets life sentence for pushing Yoshi Hayahara, 73, into path of TTC subway train
yosuke_hayahara_thornhill_on_photos1.jpg

Killer gets life sentence for pushing Yoshi Hayahara, 73, into path of TTC subway train

''A Toronto man who pushed a stranger into the path of a subway train has received a life sentence with no parole eligibility for 14 years by a judge who lamented the crime’s ripple effect on not only the victim but all commuters and TTC employees.

“This killing can be described as both brutal and horrific. To push an unsuspecting victim in front of an ongoing subway train is truly a despicable act,” Superior Court Justice John McMahon said Monday in passing sentence on John Reszetnik.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back