NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hold with the rage theory, myself. I don't think any of his murders was planned. Abandonment might have been the trigger, but I wonder if it might also have been because the woman confronted him about inappropriate behavior with one of the children. Which makes me wonder whether the woman in the barrel isn't connected to him at all--maybe she was a neighbor watching his daughter, or somebody like that.

It seems like he might have tried to avoid the relationship with Eusoon Jun. Maybe trying to avoid putting himself into that situation again. I don't have the impression that he enjoyed killing or sought out opportunities to gain a potential victim. He may have; there's a lot we don't know and I won't be surprised if I'm wrong. But at this point that's not the feeling I get.

That's an interesting theory, though not all serial killers have a type or a clear reason. Israel Keyes, for example.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but I found a once unidentified woman that struck out to me.

Judith Madeline Kelsey
The victim was located December 19, 1985 in Parker County, Texas. Using fingerprint comparisons and public records, authorities have now determined that she was Judith Madeline Kelsey, who was 19 at the time of her death. Kelsey was originally from Canada and married in Texas in 1983. Family members last heard from her a few months before her disappearance. Source:The Doe Network: Identified

Terry has mentioned marrying a wife in Canada and 1983 is when his whereabouts were not known and it's suspected he could have been in Texas. I couldn't find any information about who her husband was.
I was able to find this article on her that suggests Kelsey is her married name. Investigators ID '85 murder victim

The inconsistencies:
-She was found deceased in Dec 1985 when Rasmussen was in CA using the name Curtis Kimball.
-Her cause of death was stranglation which isn't consistent with Rasmussen's blunt force trauma MO.
-The article above mentions investigators found a marriage licence (no not mention a name for husband) which Rasmussen hasn't been found to have done under his alias's. (Reference: his commitment ceremony Eunsoon Jun)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but I found a once unidentified woman that struck out to me.

Judith Madeline Kelsey
The victim was located December 19, 1985 in Parker County, Texas. Using fingerprint comparisons and public records, authorities have now determined that she was Judith Madeline Kelsey, who was 19 at the time of her death. Kelsey was originally from Canada and married in Texas in 1983. Family members last heard from her a few months before her disappearance. Source:The Doe Network: Identified

Terry has mentioned marrying a wife in Canada and 1983 is when his whereabouts were not known and it's suspected he could have been in Texas. I couldn't find any information about who her husband was.
I was able to find this article on her that suggests Kelsey is her married name. Investigators ID '85 murder victim

The inconsistencies:
-She was found deceased in Dec 1985 when Rasmussen was in CA using the name Curtis Kimball.
-Her cause of death was stranglation which isn't consistent with Rasmussen's blunt force trauma MO.
-The article above mentions investigators found a marriage licence (no not mention a name for husband) which Rasmussen hasn't been found to have done under his alias's. (Reference: his commitment ceremony Eunsoon Jun)
Before I get corrected, Terry has mentioned a wife that was from Canada, NOT marrying her there. One of his many lies with possible half truths.

Where EJ was killed after the advent of the information super highway, I wonder if she stumbled upon who he really was or that he had ties to the A4 victims. Or maybe she discovered he wasn't who he said he was, even if she didn't know his true identity. I think that could have been a motive, as well: to keep the truth hidden.
I can't help but wonder if he looked up himself and/or the NH case when the internet came along. Since the second barrel was discovered in 2000, it most likely would have made the internet.

I think it is possible that Denise may have found out the truth it may have been she knew he was running from something all along but did not know how serious ... that serious was A4.

The internet was there and it could be that he read a news report ...

I'm still stuck on pedophile who didn't want to get caught.

and/or got caught and didn't want to go to prison.

I don't think we should assume we know all TR's aliases...

Agreed! The ones we are aware of could be the tip of the iceberg.

Before I get corrected, Terry has mentioned a wife that was from Canada, NOT marrying her there. One of his many lies with possible half truths.

257fd2c0_16.gif

Last edited:
Outside of Eunsoon JunRasmussen targets women that can easly fall off the radar

I agree except that he also seems to have targeted women without addiction issues or women active in prostitution which are two groups I would consider the most off the radar these day.
In the 70s & 80s, there were a lot of other reasons for women to be on the fringes of society, an out of wedlock baby, financial instability due to divorce. etc. And those seem to be the circumstances he specifically looked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail