MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franz was in a non-combat role during the Vietnam War yet 50 years later he was attending a support group of Vietnam Vets. Ally's murder now gives him a valid reason for needing support. He makes no mention of the fact her murder is unsolved but laments to the reporter, "How do I get out of this war? Where is my exit? But I get comfort from my support group, and we have Zeus.
You don't get to decide for him what sort of time limit he has when he can't have a need for support and commiserating. Everyone's different and it's not okay to invalidate people's feelings or resilience levels.

If you can give a general idea, about how far apart would you say the houses are? Also, about how far away are the houses from the rural road? TIA

On google street view they look about 200 yards apart and maybe 100 yards back off the dirt road. Google 11240, Fishlake road, Holly, Mi to see it.

Also here is a trail map of Rose oaks County Park that also shows the private houses. Those three residences are about 150 yards apart.

(See link)

https://www.rosetownship.com/images/enlargedroseoaksmap.jpg

Last edited:
He said he was not a combat fighter. I don't know of any atrocities that happened outside of combat.

<modsnip>

The Big Red One leads the way again, this time in Vietnam
The 1st ID often guarded a road known as Route 13, or “Thunder Road,” Bowman said.

“You’ll hear that in the jargon today, a ‘thunder run,’” he said. “That comes from the 1st Division in Vietnam. They’d do these thunder runs to move up and down the road.”

Fighting a large guerrilla army was frustrating for American forces. While they were on search-and-destroy missions that could last up to five days, it was hard to sleep, Wright said.

“You didn’t sleep in the jungle, you stayed half awake,” he said. “The Viet Cong owned the night and we didn’t know the country and the people like they did. We fought them 10 to one but didn’t understand their commitment.”

Aside from booby-traps, such as mines and hanging grenades, the VC used elaborate tunnel networks, Bowman said.

“Some of the most extensive tunnel complexes in South Vietnam were in the 1st Infantry Division’s area of operations,” he said. “[Division forces] would go through and take an area, and all of a sudden the Viet Cong would be coming up and ambushing them from behind.”

Last edited by a moderator:
On google street view they look about 200 yards apart and maybe 100 yards back off the dirt road. Google 11240, Fishlake road, Holly, Mi to see it.

Also here is a trail map of Rose oaks County Park that also shows the private houses. Those three residences are about 150 yards apart.

(See link)

https://www.rosetownship.com/images/enlargedroseoaksmap.jpg

Thanks for the map. It helps. Is that the address of the yard where Ally collapsed? Parts of that road are very secluded.

MB was answering a question. What are these posts about?

How well do you know him? How many times have you met him? Only after Ally's murder, or were you close to him before?

I mean, because you know so much about the inner-workings of his mind and motivations it seems you two must be close.

You don't get to decide for him what sort of time limit he has when he can't have a need for support and commiserating. Everyone's different and it's not okay to invalidate people's feelings or resilience levels.

<modsnip>

The Big Red One leads the way again, this time in Vietnam
The 1st ID often guarded a road known as Route 13, or “Thunder Road,” Bowman said.

“You’ll hear that in the jargon today, a ‘thunder run,’” he said. “That comes from the 1st Division in Vietnam. They’d do these thunder runs to move up and down the road.”

Fighting a large guerrilla army was frustrating for American forces. While they were on search-and-destroy missions that could last up to five days, it was hard to sleep, Wright said.

“You didn’t sleep in the jungle, you stayed half awake,” he said. “The Viet Cong owned the night and we didn’t know the country and the people like they did. We fought them 10 to one but didn’t understand their commitment.”

Aside from booby-traps, such as mines and hanging grenades, the VC used elaborate tunnel networks, Bowman said.

“Some of the most extensive tunnel complexes in South Vietnam were in the 1st Infantry Division’s area of operations,” he said. “[Division forces] would go through and take an area, and all of a sudden the Viet Cong would be coming up and ambushing them from behind.”

<modsnip> The Army's 1st Division has both combat and non-combat positions. Franz told the reporter he was not a combat fighter. GMAB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the map. It helps. Is that the address of the yard where Ally collapsed? Parts of that road are very secluded.

Yes IIRC that is where she collapsed. The guy said he was at his pond when he heard the shots and google maps shows a body of water at the rear of the property.

Last edited:
Bolded for importance.

But you keep saying you don't see how he could have PTSD 50 years later when you don't know what he's experienced.
I know he said he was not a combat fighter.

Yes IIRC that is where she collapsed. The guy said he was atjis pond when he heard the shots and google maps shows a body of water at the rear of the property
Thanks. Where was a white truck seen?

Franz stated he was not in a combat role. But he could have been a medic in a hospital in Saigon and seen a lot of the results of combat. My next door neighbor when I growing up was in a non-combat role (logistics) and he was in Saigon during the Tet Offensive. A LOT of military members who were in non-combat roles saw combat during that period. I remember my neighbor talking and in one instance during Tet he said just barely escaped serious injury when a mortar round hit the barracks he had just run into.

I lurked and read and lurked and read, and I can't thank combatmedic2121 enough for being on here. He's taken grief here upon his own grief besides. If he were a VI woman he would be more closely protected I think. Thanks to Websleuths for having him here however!

I feel like I just walked into the twilight zone. The VI is verbally assaulting posters, and demanding they be removed. Then we have arm chair psychiatrists saying Franz couldn't possibly have PTSD after this long. IDK where I am anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021