MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franz said he was "not a combat fighter." It is my opinion he didn't engage in combat or participate in any battles. I also find it very bizarre that he said roadkill reminds him of dead bodies. Especially considering the fact that his daughter was on a road when she was murdered.

One of the most traumatic positions in the military isn't even combat, but graves and registration, I'll say imo as I don't have a link. In any case PTSD is a jerk and won't just go away because it's been a certain amount of years.
Yes, processing the deceased can be a significant PTSD stressor.
Military-related PTSD can arise from experiencing or witnessing a trauma.
It can be trauma that has nothing to do with combat.
Examples of non-combat trauma that can lead to PTSD:
Korean War - Family member never left U.S. soil; unloaded deceased soldiers from cargo planes.
Vietnam War - Friend never left U.S. soil; embalmed the bodies of deceased soldiers.

On that topic, here’s a trauma that could likely be a major PTSD stressor:
. . . a body had liquefied and the bag burst when staff had attempted to move it . . .

'New low': Dead vets left to 'decompose' in VA morgue for weeks without burial

Published September 29, 2016
[...]
“Hines VA -- the hospital that has been overrun with cockroaches and mold and left vets waiting for care for months on secret wait lists, has reached a new low in the treatment of our veterans,” Kirk told FoxNews.com. “We now have reports of bodies being left to decompose in the morgue for months on end.”

The whistleblower, who has spoken with Kirk’s office, described a “horrible issue” at the hospital in the letter to the IG: “Some veteran’s remains have been left in our hospital morgue for 45 days or more until they are stacked to capacity at times.”

On at least one occasion, a body had liquefied and the bag burst when staff had attempted to move it, said Alissa McCurley, Kirk’s deputy chief of staff.
[...]

Franz stated he was not in a combat role. But he could have been a medic in a hospital in Saigon and seen a lot of the results of combat. My next door neighbor when I growing up was in a non-combat role (logistics) and he was in Saigon during the Tet Offensive. A LOT of military members who were in non-combat roles saw combat during that period. I remember my neighbor talking and in one instance during Tet he said just barely escaped serious injury when a mortar round hit the barracks he had just run into.

God it’s difficult listening to civilians talk about something they really know nothing about.
I’ll just say this... and anyone who’s ever been in an actual combat role in war will agree I’m sure:
NOTHING is more annoying to us than coming home and watching non-combat role veterans cry about all the horrible combat situations they were never actually in.

Do non-combat soldiers (like Franz) see SOME combat from time to time?
Sure! It happens! But RARELY! And no where to the extent that the actual combat soldiers do.
Anyone who’s ever actually served in an actual combat position will understand this frustration. My veteran buddies and I talk about this all the time.

God it’s difficult listening to civilians talk about something they really know nothing about.
I’ll just say this... and anyone who’s ever been in an actual combat role in war will agree I’m sure:
NOTHING is more annoying to us than coming home and watching non-combat role veterans cry about all the horrible combat situations they were never actually in.

Sure! It happens! But RARELY! And no where to the extent that the actual combat soldiers do.
Anyone who’s ever actually served in an actual combat position will understand this frustration. My veteran buddies and I talk about this all the time.

Also, PTSD or not... Franz murdered his daughter, and Nikki helped him covered it up.
So this point is mostly irrelevant to me.

Franz said he was "not a combat fighter." It is my opinion he didn't engage in combat or participate in any battles. I also find it very bizarre that he said roadkill reminds him of dead bodies. Especially considering the fact that his daughter was on a road when she was murdered.
Road kill is dead bodies. Literally. Dead bodies.

What do your veteran friends think happened to Ally? Do they have any insights and did they know Ally?

I'm glad to see you are still here commenting.

Ah, CM, don't assume this veteran doesn't know anything about combat.

Road kill is dead bodies. Literally. Dead bodies.

Franz said "dead people", not 'dead bodies':
I can’t look at road kill because of Vietnam. I see dead people.
Meet Franz Brueger

• May 26, 2017
Vietnam will never go away for me. Vietnam is a daily thought and will be what I think about when I take my last breath. I can’t look at road kill because of Vietnam. I see dead people. I belong to a Vietnam support group where we talk about these things. There are many veterans who don’t know there is a lot of good help out there. All they need to do is contact a VA hospital or veterans center.

Meet Franz Brueger

• May 26, 2017
Vietnam will never go away for me. Vietnam is a daily thought and will be what I think about when I take my last breath. I can’t look at road kill because of Vietnam. I see dead people. I belong to a Vietnam support group where we talk about these things. There are many veterans who don’t know there is a lot of good help out there. All they need to do is contact a VA hospital or veterans center.
But why is this a suspicious, bizarre thing to say? What are the red flags it raises?

Meet Franz Brueger

• May 26, 2017
Thanks for reposting that quote. Yes, it was his reference to road kill as dead people that alarmed me because Ally was killed on a road.

You don't get to decide for him what sort of time limit he has when he can't have a need for support and commiserating. Everyone's different and it's not okay to invalidate people's feelings or resilience levels.
It's hard to see people talking **** on veterans like this, as if they have to earn their PTSD and are only allowed to have a chronic illness for a specific number of years.

Yes... Vera Hogan and I also found this an extremely bizarre comment for him to make... ESPECIALLY considering the circumstances.
Bluesneakers can try acting all confused about why we see this as a red flag... but he knows.

Yes... Vera Hogan and I also found this an extremely bizarre comment for him to make... ESPECIALLY considering the circumstances.
Bluesneakers can try acting all confused about why we see this as a red flag... but he knows.
I don't see it as a red flag. That's all. In my opinion it's not a bizarre or alarming thing to say. And I wouldn't say this comment leads me to believe in his guilt or innocence. Tbh I've read much more damning statements from other suspects.

I don't see it as a red flag. That's all. In my opinion it's not a bizarre or alarming thing to say. And I wouldn't say this comment leads me to believe in his guilt or innocence. Tbh I've read much more damning statements from other suspects.
Hi girl!
True that! It makes sense that Franz probably did see dead bodies on the side of the road in Vietnam. If I were in his shoes I would probably be struck by the the fact that my daughter ended up dead on the side of the road just like I had seen in Vietnam.

Who here is a parent that's lost a child? Nobody need feel pressured to answer. However, think about your grieving process... Did you ever say anything kinda weird or that only made sense to you? Or were you completely eloquent and well spoken?
Did you ever get interviewed for the news in regards to your child's death? Was that intimidating and somewhat nerves wracking?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member