Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big fan of the trench-coat dress, but here is Meghan't look today. Her freckles were showing, which I like. :)

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry pay tribute to Nelson Mandela's life | Daily Mail Online
Replying to myself...

I do like the collar & lapel and the detail of the upper back....but the trench-coat look isn't my fav. At least it was a bit softened by the light pink color and being sleeveless. Those details make it seem less severe.

jmo

Yes to freckles. No to messy hair. No to trenchcoat look (even pink and sleeveless). Clean lines and color, Meghan. Color!!

But at least she’s happy! :)

I don't mind the color of the dress. Again, I like the idea of it, though it's not something I would wear. She and Harry coordinate nicely. I think she could have punched up the look a bit with a less boring clutch.

The dress looks too big to me, especially at the waist. Maybe she's lost some weight post wedding. Even ten pounds could make a difference in how her clothes fit.

Meghan Markle's father wants some attention, or at least an acknowledgement, from the Royal Family ... and he's not going to shut up until he gets it.

Thomas Markle tells TMZ ... he's unfazed by news his Duchess daughter and Prince Harryare reportedly frustrated about his recent paid interview with The Sun, because he just wants to be involved in their lives.

He says, "I was silent for a full year and the press beat me up every day saying I was a hermit hiding in Mexico, so I gave my story. Apparently that interview put the Royal Family in their silence mode ... so, I gave another interview to break the silence. All they have to do is speak to me.”

Thomas Markle Tells Royals He's Not Going to Stop Talking 'Til They Talk to Him

I feel very sorry for the Duchess of Sussex for having the father and 1/2 sister she has.

I haven't seen it, but I am not too surprised. I think a lot of people enjoy having someone to slander and hate on.

I don't know any of the royals enough (at all) to have that much hate for any of them. I have distaste for some of the things that it's been reported some of them have got up to, but whatever. Nobody's perfect, the rest of us have our faults, too.

---
At the end of the last thread a few people said it would be nice to see more videos of the Queen in more 'natural' times...I found this video which has some lovely footage at the beginning with the Queen and some her older grandchildren when they were young and the Queen took them for a walk on their ponies.

It’s a real pity the Duke of Cambridge lost his hair.

He needs to show some class and STFU. These tabloid public appeals aren't going to work, IMO. At least not in the way he hopes.

I feel bad for M&H over this. Adjusting to married life is hard enough without this nonsense.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have reportedly not had any contact with the retired lighting director since his bombshell interview with Good Morning Britain.

Mr Markle claimed the Royal Family have distanced themselves since he opened up about Prince Harry’s political views.

A source told Entertainment Online: “They are frustrated he keeps speaking to the tabloids and taking payment for interviews.”

Continued

The explosive interview is said to have upset the Queen and infuriated Buckingham Palace officials.

Meghan Markle and Harry's FRUSTRATION at duchess' dad - REVEALED

Trench coat dress: this fits so much better than the pants!!!

I'd rather see the fabric of the storm flap used for sleeves. Harping on the professional dress aspect -- are any of the males wearing sleeveless???

The DofS looks comfortable moving around & meeting people. Good!

1797AC99-8B3B-4817-9852-C75859FC0BD6.jpeg

Princess Anne stepped out today to observe royal staff carry out the annual census of the swan population on the River Thames.

The Princess Royal, 67, donned a lightweight summer suit as she watched the practice, known as 'Swan Upping'.

Opting for a pair of wide-legged beige trousers, Anne teamed them with coordinating blazer adorned with a brooch, injecting a splash of colour with a blue blouse.

Princess Anne watches staff count new cygnets in the 'Swan Upping' | Daily Mail Online

The Princess Royal today. I wish someone would give her hair and clothing a makeover it is very dated.

View attachment 139066

Princess Anne stepped out today to observe royal staff carry out the annual census of the swan population on the River Thames.

The Princess Royal, 67, donned a lightweight summer suit as she watched the practice, known as 'Swan Upping'.

Opting for a pair of wide-legged beige trousers, Anne teamed them with coordinating blazer adorned with a brooch, injecting a splash of colour with a blue blouse.

Princess Anne watches staff count new cygnets in the 'Swan Upping' | Daily Mail Online

The Princess Royal today. I wish someone would give her hair and clothing a makeover it is very dated.

Can beige be banned, please!! With all the beautiful colors one can choose....whyyyyyyyyy!

I do like Princess Anne, but I agree her look is dated. I suspect she’s a very practical woman who can’t be bothered with hair and clothing styles. Pulling her hair back in a bun is easy. I have a cousin like that who is almost 80 and has worn her hair in an unbecoming bun since she was a young adult. She has a PhD and just isn’t interested. One of her equally bright daughters is a professor in her 50’s and wears very long braids. Although I do think it’s possible to be both brainy and fashionable, some just can’t.

Very few compete at the Olympic Games -- HRH Princess Anne did so, as HRH Princess Anne! Her daughter Zara earned a silver medal!

Monaco's Prince Ranier competed in Bobsled but went home empty-handed.

He can’t be that ill if they are trying to recruit him for Big Brother in the U.K and if he does it OMG.

I may be dating myself but does anyone else remember Fred Sanford, Redd Foxx's character in Sanford and Son? He always clutched his heart and said "I'm dyin' Elizabeth! This is the big one!" whenever something didn't go his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288