GUILTY Al - Oralia Mendoza, 49, & Mariah Feit Lopez, 13, Madison County, 7 Jun 2018 *arrests*

I wouldn't call Mariah a "women" per se & I don't think she had any choice in going with her grandmother.... just saying!
I think my statement was misunderstood. I’m saying the grandmother shouldn’t have been associating herself with these people and now her and her granddaughter paid the price. I had read she was 13. I should have said woman and young woman. I call my 13 year old a little woman and young woman as well. It was a figure of speech and I didn’t mean for it to be taken so literally, my apologies if it confused anyone.

Aguilar told detectives that Mendoza was involved with the Sinaloa cartel, considered to be the world’s most powerful drug trafficking organization.

Rutherford testified that the defendant told investigators that he, Palomino, Mendoza and a woman named Leticia Garcia traveled June 2 to Norcross, Georgia, where they picked up a quarter kilo of meth for the cartel. Along the way, something went wrong and Palomino became suspicious that Mendoza and Garcia, who was also tied to the cartel, might be setting him up, Aguilar said in his statement.

WAAY in Huntsville reported that Rutherford testified that sometime after the group returned to Huntsville, Palomino learned that Mendoza had removed the SIM card from her cellphone. He also found a text she sent during the drug run to Georgia, in which she asked an unknown woman to pick up her granddaughter, who was with Palomino’s wife, because she feared that she and her granddaughter were in danger.

Early on June 4, the men woke Mendoza at their Huntsville home and told her that they were taking her and Lopez, who had special needs, somewhere safe, AL.com reported. Rutherford testified that they were instead taken to Moon Cemetery, located about 15 miles southeast of the city in Owens Cross Roads.

Palomino and Mendoza argued in the cemetery about the drug deal and Palomino stabbed the grandmother multiple times, leaving her for dead, Aguilar told investigators.

Lopez, who witnessed her grandmother’s slaying, was taken to a wooded area about 2½ miles from the cemetery, where Aguilar said Palomino forced him to kill the girl.

Rutherford testified that Aguilar told investigators he was holding the knife when Palomino grabbed his arm and moved it back and forth in a “sawing motion,” with which the girl was beheaded.

Aguilar said he participated in the slayings out of fear.

13-year-old girl beheaded after seeing grandmother killed in Alabama cemetery

that explain how they knew she was killed there :(

How does one know if they are getting friendly with somebody who is a cartel member? I am very naive and don't think I would be suspucious unless something very obvious happened.
I assume cartel members live in and amongst the community, have kids in schools, and grocery shop.

Are there any documentaries on cartels I could learn from?

90x32px-LL-520162d9_oops.gif
I just noticed I posted the wrong article!?! Should have gone to the thread with the newborn who died by breastfeeding.... Sorry about that!

Actually, from what I've been reading it is the grandmother (Mendoza) who belonged to this cartel, not the two suspects. So I don't know "how" they can say the beheading was cartel related. Unless of course, the 2 wanted to "look like" the cartel killed the little girl....

Bumping up - the only articles I'm getting on this case now is the Sinaloa cartel in Alabama.

Anyone have any updates on court hearings for these two? TIA! :)

I guess we wait on this one - going to the Grand Jury.

Case of beheaded Alabama girl, slain cartel-connected grandmother moving to grand jury

The case against a second suspect in the beheading of a young Alabama girl who witnessed the slaying of her cartel-connected grandmother is moving to a grand jury.

Capital murder suspect Israel Palomino has waived his preliminary hearing, which was scheduled for today(8/2/18) in Madison County District Court. The case will be presented to a grand jury for consideration of indictments.
[.....]
The case against 26-year-old Aguilar already has been bound over to the grand jury. During his preliminary hearing, District Judge Claude Hundley ruled prosecutors have enough evidence to establish probable cause for the capital murder charges. Aguilar and 34-year-old Palomino are held without bail in the Madison County jail.

A grand jury will be tasked with deciding which, if any, charges Aguilar and Palomino should face at trial. It's unclear how long it could take for the case to be presented to the grand jury.

A judge has issued a gag order, prohibiting law enforcement, defense attorneys and prosecutors from speaking publicly about the case except in open court.

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon

Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

Here;s what I have. Both had their cases go to the Grand Jury in July. Does it take this long for an indictment??

Thursday, July 12th:
*Prelim Hearing for both (@ ET) – AL – Oralia Mendoza (49) (missing June 4, 2018, Huntsville, found June 15, 2018) & granddaughter Mariah Feit Lopez (13) (missing June 4, 2018, Huntsville, found June 7, 2018) – only for *Yoni Martinez-Aguilar (26) arrested (6/15/18) & charged (7/12/18) with 2 counts of capital murder & drug possession. Held w/o bond. Undocumented. (LE says might have connection to Sinaloa drug cartel). Yoni said he had to kill Mariah as she saw him murder Oralia; YA says Palomino killed Oralia. Madison County-fee req. No updt 11/3
7/21/18 Update: Case goes to Grand Jury.
*Israel Gonzalez Palomino (34) – arrested (6/14/18) & charged with 2 counts of capital murder & drug possession. Held w/o bond. Green card holder. Originally arrested on possession of drugs.
In court next week (7/16) for original drug possession charge.
7/12/18 Update: Prelim hearing was pushed back, no further dates available.
7/16/18 Update: Waived his rights to Prelim hearing on 8/2. No update as of 11/3 on AL every day list

I have these guys on my "every day list" to look up. It's a general Alabama court site.

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-133.gif

and want to wish you ALL

animated-smileys-christmas-112.gif

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon

Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

Here;s what I have. Both had their cases go to the Grand Jury in July. Does it take this long for an indictment??

Thursday, July 12th:
*Prelim Hearing for both (@ ET) – AL – Oralia Mendoza (49) (missing June 4, 2018, Huntsville, found June 15, 2018) & granddaughter Mariah Feit Lopez (13) (missing June 4, 2018, Huntsville, found June 7, 2018) – only for *Yoni Martinez-Aguilar (26) arrested (6/15/18) & charged (7/12/18) with 2 counts of capital murder & drug possession. Held w/o bond. Undocumented. (LE says might have connection to Sinaloa drug cartel). Yoni said he had to kill Mariah as she saw him murder Oralia; YA says Palomino killed Oralia. Madison County-fee req. No updt 11/3
7/21/18 Update: Case goes to Grand Jury.
*Israel Gonzalez Palomino (34) – arrested (6/14/18) & charged with 2 counts of capital murder & drug possession. Held w/o bond. Green card holder. Originally arrested on possession of drugs.
In court next week (7/16) for original drug possession charge.
7/12/18 Update: Prelim hearing was pushed back, no further dates available.
7/16/18 Update: Waived his rights to Prelim hearing on 8/2. No update as of 11/3 on AL every day list

I have these guys on my "every day list" to look up. It's a general Alabama court site.

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-133.gif

and want to wish you ALL

animated-smileys-christmas-112.gif

I don’t think I can access court records (do you have a link?) but Palomino is listed on the Madison County Jail roster. Nothing found for Martinez-Aguilar.

http://jail.madisoncountyal.gov/smartwebclient/jail.aspx
ViewImage.aspx

Enlarge Photo
PALOMINO, ISRAEL GONZALEZ (H/ MALE / DOB: 5/11/1984 )
Booking No: MCSO18JBN007407 MniNo: MCSO00MNI043741
Booking Date: 06/14/2018 07:58 PM
Age On Booking Date: 34
Bond Amount: NO BOND
CELL Assigned:
Facility: MCDC , Dorm: M3 , Pod: M3 , Cell No: 002 Visitation Schedule
HOLDS
ICE DETAINER

CHARGES
STATUTE COURT CASE NUMBER CHARGE DEGREE LEVEL BOND
[+] 13A-12-212 LDC DC18-3950 (MADISON COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE F $10000.00
[+] 13A-5-40(A)(15) GJ DC18-4013 RAH (MADISON COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) CAPITAL MURDER - OF PERSON < 14 YEARS OF F NO BOND

[+] 15-10-60 GJ DC18-3194 LFC (LIBERTY BAIL BONDING) CERTIFIED COPY F $10000.00
[+] 13A-5-40(A)(10) GJ DC18-4129 RAH (MADISON COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) CAPITAL MURDER - TWO OR MORE VICTIMS F NO BOND

[+] 32-5A-191(A)(1) 10908679 (COURT) DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE - ALCOHOL M $0.00

Hmm... strange that there is nothing on Martinez-Aguilar. I've been going here every week:

AlacourtACCESS

It says for State Trial Court records, with no specific County. I have both these guys on my list to look. The site gives like a week in advance on who will be in court.

I guess I'll just keep looking.... :)

Well, now I'm guessing I'm looking in the wrong court site for these guys.

Capital murder suspect in Madison County teen beheading case appears before judge

HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - Thursday, a man charged with two counts of capital murder appeared before a Madison County judge for a status conference, and his grand jury hearing was tentatively scheduled.
[.....]
On Thursday, Madison County Deputy District Attorney Tim Gann told Judge Donna Pate he was not yet in possession of either autopsy report.

He said the prosecution was still waiting on supplemental evidence from the sheriff’s office, which is still being compiled.

Gann told Judge Pate it could be April before all the materials needed were assembled, and she tentatively scheduled the grand jury hearing for “late April."

and @dancemom - here's another Alabama case. The county is Madison County. Any # for this one?

TIA! :)

and @dancemom - here's another Alabama case. The county is Madison County. Any # for this one?

TIA! :)
Madison county is #47. Here's another link with county numbers that may be easier to look at than the one I attached to the other thread. Thanks for the info that you provide on all of these cases, Niner!
Counties

I don’t think I can access court records (do you have a link?) but Palomino is listed on the Madison County Jail roster. Nothing found for Martinez-Aguilar.

http://jail.madisoncountyal.gov/smartwebclient/jail.aspx
ViewImage.aspx

Enlarge Photo
PALOMINO, ISRAEL GONZALEZ (H/ MALE / DOB: 5/11/1984 )
Booking No: MCSO18JBN007407 MniNo: MCSO00MNI043741
Booking Date: 06/14/2018 07:58 PM
Age On Booking Date: 34
Bond Amount: NO BOND
CELL Assigned:
Facility: MCDC , Dorm: M3 , Pod: M3 , Cell No: 002 Visitation Schedule
HOLDS
ICE DETAINER

CHARGES
STATUTE COURT CASE NUMBER CHARGE DEGREE LEVEL BOND
[+] 13A-12-212 LDC DC18-3950 (MADISON COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE F $10000.00
[+] 13A-5-40(A)(15) GJ DC18-4013 RAH (MADISON COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) CAPITAL MURDER - OF PERSON < 14 YEARS OF F NO BOND

[+] 15-10-60 GJ DC18-3194 LFC (LIBERTY BAIL BONDING) CERTIFIED COPY F $10000.00
[+] 13A-5-40(A)(10) GJ DC18-4129 RAH (MADISON COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) CAPITAL MURDER - TWO OR MORE VICTIMS F NO BOND

[+] 32-5A-191(A)(1) 10908679 (COURT) DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE - ALCOHOL M $0.00

Have you been able to find the other suspect yet? With Latino surnames, they get mixed up all the time in custody. they reverse the name, or sometimes if they had been in custody before under another name (usually a similar one) they just book them off the old name. And the names are not hyphenated anyways, they only do that here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back