Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you find out how many warning points we have? Also, it doesn't tell you anywhere how long your time out is for when you have one (I know, we shouldn't be getting them, but if we do, we need to know?)

@Tricia @WS Admin @sillybilly

Is there a post somewhere that explains time outs? I have many questions. How do I know how many (if any) TO points I have? Is there a point list somewhere? How do you receive a warning? Is it through alerts, conversations, in the thread or what? Do you get TO points if mods snip or delete your comments? Do TO points show on your profile or is that kept private? If you get too many time outs, are you banned for life, horse-whipped, sold to the circus?

Anything on this? It's something that has been asked from the start, but never clarified.

Anything on this? It's something that has been asked from the start, but never clarified.

From what I vaguely recall from Tricia there are warnings before you get penalized. TO are applied according to the severity. If I find that post I will bring it forward.

From what I vaguely recall from Tricia there are warnings before you get penalized. TO are applied according to the severity. If I find that post I will bring it forward.

I know that. But I want to know where we can find out how many warning points we have and how long a time out is for when we get one. There is no where that tells you that unless you PM a mod as far as I am aware.

I know that. But I want to know where we can find out how many warning points we have and how long a time out is for when we get one. There is no where that tells you that unless you PM a mod as far as I am aware.

Ok, sorry Ana was just answering the ones I could recall. This below is from Tricia on the 2nd thread, post number #61. For some reason I think there may be another with more details, though it still may be inconclusive;)

“Are you talking about trophy points? I think you are. If you had 6 points against you for violating TOS you would have been timed out and you would have received a message.
I am not sure about this awarding points and trophys. I haven't had the time to figure this all out yet”

Tricia, Jun 8, 2018Report
#61Unlike

TriciaOwner Websleuths.comStaff Member Administrator
This I believe is going to take some getting used too. The good news is this system takes the guess work out of time outs.

Whenever you get any points given to you because of a violation you will automatically get a notification. In the notification will be the warning and how many points are now on your account because of TOS violation .

Example: let's say you post in the Casey Anthony forum something snarky to another member like, " vmmking nice post. Maybe George and Cindy will let you move in with them"

That is obviously a snarky sarcastic post.

You would receive a notification that your post has to be edited and why and you will be told how many points are against your account.

Most infractions are 1 to 2 points. The points drop off after 30 days.

If you get 5 points or more in a 30 day period you get an automatic time out.

I am setting up my computer. When I am finished I will post more and give more examples .

Thanks,
Tricia

This I believe is going to take some getting used too. The good news is this system takes the guess work out of time outs.

Whenever you get any points given to you because of a violation you will automatically get a notification. In the notification will be the warning and how many points are now on your account because of TOS violation .

Example: let's say you post in the Casey Anthony forum something snarky to another member like, " vmmking nice post. Maybe George and Cindy will let you move in with them"

You would receive a notification that your post has to be edited and why and you will be told how many points are against your account.

I am setting up my computer. When I am finished I will post more and give more examples .

Thanks,
Tricia

Thanks Gooddeeds. Although, I did not get told how many points I received... Unless I didn't get any?... but I must have? This is difficult to work out.

Thanks Gooddeeds. Although, I did not get told how many points I received... Unless I didn't get any?... but I must have? This is difficult to work out.
I got an alert a few days ago saying that one of my comments had been removed or something along those lines. I wasn't able to read the whole thing because I was having issues with the site that day. I have no idea which comment it was or why it was removed. I went back through my alerts to find it once I found out about the point system and it was not there. I guess alerts only go back so many pages.

Maybe there could be something added to settings where we could see all of our point information. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a friendly gal, but hey, no one is perfect.

I got an alert a few days ago saying that one of my comments had been removed or something along those lines. I wasn't able to read the whole thing because I was having issues with the site that day. I have no idea which comment it was or why it was removed. I went back through my alerts to find it once I found out about the point system and it was not there. I guess alerts only go back so many pages.

Maybe there could be something added to settings where we could see all of our point information. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a friendly gal, but hey, no one is perfect.

Ain't that the truth!

I had a similar message three times. I don't think there are points for removed posts. I think my post was removed because it was quoting a removed post but I'm not sure. The reason given for removal didn't make sense to me anyway at the time but I don't argue with mods .

I was just reading the April Tinsley thread when I got three pop up notices that I won $. Here are the screenshots. Both times I was not scrolling or even touching my screen. It happened at 5:32 pm Pacific. I closed my browser, deleted history and had to log into Websleuths again.

What a pain that is. I would get that all the time on the old system. I haven't had it on this new forum software. I happen to have a S*****g phone, do you? I don't want to say the make, in case I start getting 'em again. Clearing cache, cookies and history and re-booting is the only way I could clear it. Even then it sometimes would still come back in my history needing several goes to finally get rid of it from history completely. It is some sort of spam ad, I think.

I had a similar message three times. I don't think there are points for removed posts. I think my post was removed because it was quoting a removed post but I'm not sure. The reason given for removal didn't make sense to me anyway at the time but I don't argue with mods .
I don't argue with mods either. Did you get this info through an alert or some other way?

Thanks,
Tricia
Thanks for finding this Gooddeeds. I'm bringing here as a link to the original post by Tricia on the 1st thread dated May 26.
I'm also confused as to the warning notifications.

Thanks,
Tricia

For about the last four days I am getting a "your internet is stopping" message and I am kicked right out of WS, browser, everything. I have to go back to my internet browser history and it loads straight back up. Could it be the Novichok murder thread I am following? ( sorry but I'm paranoid).

For about the last four days I am getting a "your internet is stopping" message and I am kicked right out of WS, browser, everything. I have to go back to my internet browser history and it loads straight back up. Could it be the Novichok murder thread I am following? ( sorry but I'm paranoid).

Oh shoot. It just happened immediately after I posted this. Can u believe that? I'll say Novichok again.

Eta it was ok that time.

What a pain that is. I would get that all the time on the old system. I haven't had it on this new forum software. I happen to have a S*****g phone, do you? I don't want to say the make, in case I start getting 'em again. Clearing cache, cookies and history and re-booting is the only way I could clear it. Even then it sometimes would still come back in my history needing several goes to finally get rid of it from history completely. It is some sort of spam ad, I think.
No I have an Apple phone. I think it happened to me once on the previous forum. It’s definitely spam. I have had it happen on other forums (Proboards, etc). I hate having to clear all my cookies and history because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow