UNSOLVED KS - Skeleton Found In Coffin In Business Attic In Derby, *graphic Pics* June 2018

Give you a chance to do the right thing,
Give you a chance to do the bright thing,
Now our sense is all disgusted,
Where you're from you can't be trusted

No foul suspected after bones found in Derby building

Derby police say no foul play is suspected in the case of bones found in last month.

Chief Robert Lee says detectives are still trying to identify the bones, but no criminal activity is suspected.

A construction worker discovered the bones in June while remodeling a building in Derby.

[....]

Thanks for the update! I’m guessing trying to identify them will be extremely difficult.

Just now seeing this thread.

So many questions! Why was this person not buried if they were put into a coffin? Seems like if you go through al that trouble then you might as well bury them.

Whomever place them in that coffin could not manage to find a suitable sized coffin so perhaps they were without a means to dig a grave.

I will return to this thread once I am off work :)

Just now seeing this thread.

So many questions! Why was this person not buried if they were put into a coffin? Seems like if you go through al that trouble then you might as well bury them.

Whomever place them in that coffin could not manage to find a suitable sized coffin so perhaps they were without a means to dig a grave.

I will return to this thread once I am off work :)

Be sure to read the links to the Odd Fellows initiations; it has a lot of information that's probably relevant.

I googled small caskets thinking there would be some info like “oh back in 1875 if you died of purple people eater flu they stuffed you in a tiny coffin to preserve your grandmothers virture” or something equally ridiculous. No such luck. Lots of baby coffin pictures. I don’t suggest googling it.

Best post I've read in awhile
e9740a57_smiley-face-lol-emoticon.gif

This thread has everything - skeletons, coffins, Odd Fellows, Lemmy, crust punk, mescaline, hide and seek - and more than four dozen dollops of macabre.

Oh hey, sing to She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain:

Four dozen dollops of macabre
I wish reading WebSleuths was my job!
I read here every night,
the delayed housework is a fright,
another dozen dollops of macabre

Please?

I just realized that the best place ever to conceal a homicide victim would be to put them in a too small coffin and leave them in an old Odd Fellows hall. Everyone would assume it was used for ritual purposes, obtained back in a time when you could buy a skeleton from a variety of questionable sources. Too bad Murder She Wrote is not in production any more.
For something very funny involving a skeleton, I recommend a movie called The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. It’s a loving low budget homage to 50s sci-fi and horror movies.

This thread has everything - skeletons, coffins, Odd Fellows, Lemmy, crust punk, mescaline, hide and seek - and more than four dozen dollops of macabre.
omg your comment just cracked me up.. everything you just wrote just sums up my life hahah.. btw Purple Double Barrels Rule omg I don't know how many I did in HS..oh I cant believe I am still alive ha!.. Thank you for the laugh.

now back to the reason I stopped by is that I found another group that had a coffin in their possession. the VFW...

The Doe Network: 2551UMCO
Unidentified Male
  • Date of Discovery: December 2, 2013
  • Location of Discovery: Longmont, Boulder County, Colorado
  • Estimated Date of Death: At least 50 years prior
  • State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
  • Cause of Death: Unknown
  • Date of Discovery: December 2, 2013
  • Location of Discovery: Longmont, Boulder County, Colorado
  • Estimated Date of Death: At least 50 years prior
  • State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
  • Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate
  • Estimated Age: 27-37 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height: 5'6" to 5'8"
  • Weight: Unknown
  • Hair Color: Unknown
  • Eye Color: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Completely healed antemortem fracture of the right radius and ulna with subsequent complication of severe angulation of the radius. No evidence of modern medical intervention for the fracture repair. Skeletal lesions on occipital bone are consistent with active anemia at the time of death.

• Dentals: Available.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Available.
  • The victim's skeletal remains recovered from the Longmont VFW basement after flooding damaged the coffin holding them. The skeleton had been at the VFW for years and were used in a ritual called "Last Man Standing Club."

The remains may have been excavated as long as 50 years ago. They appear consistent with a historical/archaeological specimen, and may have no forensic significance; however, families in the area would like to have DNA analysis completed to determine whether or not this could be their long lost relative.
  • VFW Cmdr. Cliff Elrod said the remains and coffin were used in an annual ritual for the "Last Man's Club," a group within the VFW that honors those who died in war. He said that during the ritual -- basically a dinner at which those who died were honored -- the casket containing the bones would be present to represent those who died.

• The remains were kept in the VFW's basement, which was damaged during the flood, Elrod said. The flood caused $130,000 worth of damage and caused the coffin to get moldy, so they got rid of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back