Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

Another similar phrase I have heard is "Stick it in your ear". Maybe I'm naive, but I've never thought any of these were sexual in nature. No one means it literally. That EM took it literally and thought it was sexual shows a lot about HIM, IMO. Oh well, hopefully this is the last we will hear about EMGate...I'm off to watch the presser now.

Another one is "stick that in your pipe and smoke it"!!

So very proud of these young men. I have a feeling they will be just fine and go on to do great things with their lives. One thing that kept crossing my mind is imagine how good that first shower must have felt LOL. Well done young men. Well done.

I'm about a third of the way through watching the presser but wanted to comment on something I hadn't seen yet. One of the Thai Navy Seals spoke and said he was the first to bring in the foil blankets, food and other items but he did not have enough items for all the kids on that first run. So he took off his clothes and gave them to the boys to keep them warm. At least that is what I got out of the translation. It was a little hard to understand. Before that little story they talked about how one of the Thai Seals only wore underwear the entire time in the cave and there was some comment about he forgot his pants or didn't have pants on under the wetsuit-- I think that might have been a joke because then the story came out about giving the boys his clothes because he didn't have enough blankets. Unless they were talking about 2 different Seals... There was also a comment made by the Seal about how they joked he was the sexiest one in the cave, Lol! Anyway, it's such a joy to see the boys smiling and that they can all laugh at things like this now. :):D:p

From the Presser:
The youngest one really wanted to go out of the cave first but he was disappointed for two days in a row because they did not have a mask small enough for him. During those days while he was waiting to get out he started to talk in his sleep and say he wanted to eat porridge. Poor boy! but I'm so happy to see him smiling now.

They were told on the first day of the rescue that only 4 could be brought out due to limited equipment. The Dr told them all were strong enough but they had to decide who would go first. The coach says he talked to the Navy Seals and talked to the boys. They decided the ones who lived farthest away from the cave would be sent out first. That way they could tell the families of those who lived closer to the cave to start preparing food for the ones who were still in the cave.

Oh, my, the majority of the boys did not tell their parents they were going to the cave after football practice. One said he knew if he told he would not be allowed to go. One said he told they were going to a cave but he told the wrong cave. When they were trapped in the cave they were all thinking they would get "told off" by their parents. They were all worried they would get a good tell off and that when they got home they would have to sleep in front of the house rather than get into the house.

Thai cave boys recall battle to survive -- and moment they were found - CNN

180718123945-07-thai-cave-soccer-team-presser-0718-exlarge-169.jpg

Why go in?

Coach Ekapol Chantawong explained, the boys were merely curious to look inside as some of them had never visited it before. The coach said it was not unusual for the group to participate in group activities after soccer practice on Saturday afternoons.

They explored the underground tunnels for about an hour, before deciding to turn back. But by this time the cave had become partially flooded and their exit was blocked.

At his point, the realization dawned that they were trapped. With the entrance flooded and no obvious way out, the group retreated further into the cave to find somewhere to rest for the night.

The waters did not subside. Instead, Ake described the moment that he heard the sound of flowing water -- and saw the levels rising fast. In response, he ordered the group to find higher ground. Concerned that they might soon be submerged, he instructed the boys to start digging and look for a potential exit.

Having eaten after soccer practice, the boys had no food during their ordeal. Instead, they filled themselves with water from the cave.

Some members of the group were busy digging -- looking for a possible way out -- when some of the boys thought they heard the sound of people talking. Coach Ake told the group to stay quiet. He asked one of the boys to move closer to the ledge and shine a flashlight on the water, but the boy was too scared, so another volunteered instead. When the British divers breached the surface, the boy said he was so shocked, all he could think to say was "Hello!"

Last edited:
The boys described how they formed a bond with the Thai Navy SEALs who remained with them in the cave while rescuers worked out a plan to free them. One boy described how they played checkers -- and that one of the Navy SEALs sitting alongside them at the press conference always won. "He was king of the cave."

When the decision was made to extract the boys through the floodwaters, coach Ake joked he and the boys made the decision on who should go first based on who lived the furthest away. Ake thought the rescued kids would go straight home and those who got out first could spread the word, not realizing the global media had descended on the cave.

Thai cave boys recall battle to survive -- and moment they were found - CNN

In memory of the navy diver, Ake said the boys would spend time as novice Buddhist monks -- a practice considered a high honor in Thailand.

Thank you all for posting the presser and articles! What a joy to see them all healthy and happy. They were so so lucky. I wonder if they realize that. Maybe better if they don't.

Will the media comply with requests not to bother them once they're home? I kinda doubt it.

10010498-3x2-700x467.jpg

10010502-3x2-700x467.jpg

The Wild Boars were released from hospital on Wednesday to make their first public appearance at a wide-ranging press conference in the northern province of Chiang Rai.

"When they came out of the water, I was surprised. I didn't know what to [say] to them. I said 'Hello', or something like that. When they said 'hello' to me, I said 'hello' back," one of the boys, Adun Samon, told the packed gathering.

"It was so magnificent."
Read more: 'It was so magnificent': Thai soccer team recall the moment they were discovered

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2FNetwork%2F2018%2F07%2F18%2F21%2F48%2F180718_thai_env2_a.jpg

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F07%2F18%2F1807_thaicave_g.jpg

In a touching moment, the boys said sorry to their parents for the trouble they had caused.
One boy admitted he was most worried about not doing his homework while he was trapped underground.
The team was asked what they had learned from the ordeal and what their dreams for the future were.
At least five said they wanted to become Navy SEALs, which drew applause from the audience, and another said his goal was to play soccer for Thailand.
Ake said the world's kindness was appreciated and that he would be more cautious in the future.
A health official said the boys' mental health was "quite good" and their physical strength was returning to normal.
'It was magnificent': Thai cave boys describe moment rescuers arrived

060bec871b98aae62a6f734e48ab3dea

The press conference started with each boy standing and introducing himself and coach Ekkapol Chantawong answered many of the questions, explaining how the boys became lost in the cave system and how they survived.

He revealed how, on the first night they were stuck in the cave, the group was not too afraid.

“ ‘Let’s pray to God before we go to bed,’ I told everyone. At that time we were not afraid, no”, the coach said.

“I thought the next day the water would recede and someone would come and find us.”

The team told how they went to the cave after soccer training to explore and planned to spend only an hour inside but when they tried to get out, at a junction, the water had risen. They tried to swim a section, to see how deep it was, at one stage.

The coach and one team member then held a piece of string between them as the coach tried to find his way out while they other stayed put.
“If I pull the string twice it means I am able to get out of this cave,” he told the other team member.

He couldn’t get out and the boys were stuck. But the coach said they never stopped trying to find a way out. “We were determined to find a way out.”

He told how he had urged the team not to give up. “I told everyone to have a good spirit, don’t give up.”
Read more: Category: | The Courier Mail

On their fifth day in isolation, the players and their coach discussed their options: going deeper into the cave’s winding passageways in hopes of finding an exit farther along; diving out the way they had come; or waiting. Many of them could swim — contrary to initial reports — and so they tried to venture out. At the cave’s intersection, they saw waters rising and knew that was not an option. They were trapped and retreated again by climbing higher up. They decided not to move any more and continued to dig instead.
“We couldn’t go out, but we could dig,” Ekapol said. “At least we were doing something.”
On day nine since their disappearance, some of the boys were on their digging routine when they heard a voice. Ekapol — “Coach Ek,” as he was known to the boys — told them to be quiet and sent one of the boys down from their dry ledge with a flashlight, closer to the water’s edge. The coach asked him to hurry, afraid a rescuer would miss them.

Adul Sam-on, an English-speaking polyglot migrant from Myanmar, realized that the two divers who suddenly emerged were foreigners and spoke English, but he could not find the right words to say to them, except “Hello.”
“My brain was working very slowly,” Adul, 14, said. “All the words left my head.”

Read More: Thai soccer players and coach speak publicly for first time since their rescue from flooded cave

Thai-cave-rescue-update-1425414.jpg

The press conference was tightly controlled.
Journalists had to submit their questions for approval by a child psychologist in advance to prevent any unnecessary upset.
Ministry official Tawatchai Thaikaew, who asked for the boys' privacy to be respected ahead of the conference said: “We don't know what wounds the kids are carrying in their hearts.
“The media know the children are in a difficult situation, they have overcome peril and if you ask risky questions then it could break the law.”
Thai cave rescue update: The boys head home - how will they cope back in normality?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back