NJ - Hunter Brochhausen, 4 mos, parental suffocation, Mount Holly, February 2018 - *Arrest*

MicheleT

Reaction score
N.J. couple charged with smothering 4-month-old when he would not stop crying - NY Daily News
I didn't find a thread on this case.
"William Herring, 42, and the mother of his son, Brianna Brochhausen, 22, became frustrated on Feb. 14 when their boy, Hunter, would not stop bawling, according to the New Jersey State Police. The couple decided to give the infant a “time out” by putting him on his stomach on the bed and covering his head and body with the motel’s bedspread, cops say."

This breaks my heart. Take a look at William's mugshot. UGH!!

I find that story hard to believe. I believe they were annoyed by the sound of the baby crying, but I would think they put the bedspread over him to dull the noise so that they could have time out from the crying, and they just didn't care about the baby needing to breathe.

Poor little baby :(

Unfortunately, I get this message for the link to the story:

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.

gaah-smiley.gif
what's with this new rule??!!!

so here's what I have. Either today, July 19th or July 20th:

*Detention Hearing (@ ET) – NJ – Hunter (4 mos) (found Feb. 14, 2018; died 3/3/18 after taken off life support) – *Brianna Brochhausen (22) “mom” originally arrested & charged (3/9/18) with endangering the welfare of a child & released. Arrested (7/16/18) & charged (7/17/18) with 1st degree murder & conspiracy to commit murder.
*William Herring (42) “dad” originally arrested & charged (3/9/18) with endangering the welfare of a child & released. Arrested (7/16/18 & charged (7/17/18) with 1st degree murder & conspiracy to commit murder.
Gave him a “time-out” as he wouldn’t stop crying putting him on his stomach & covering his head & entire body with a comforter.

New Jersey Couple Facing Murder Charges After Allegedly Suffocating 4-Month-Old Son During 'Time Out' Punishment
Two parents are being held in a New Jersey jail, facing murder and conspiracy to commit murder charges after being accused of killing their four-month-old son during a 'timeout' at a motel.
William Herring, 42, and Brianna Brochhausen, 22 (both pictured, above), are facing murder charges in Springfield Township after investigators determined foul play during an incident that initially occurred back on February 14.

and of course they don't give the next court date....

reading this article - I did not know Hunter had a twin sister....
US father smiles in mugshot after being charged with baby murder – Brinkwire

Last edited:
Can anyone give a 10% synopsis on this article that I'm banned from reading?

A next court date would be nice - and they were RELEASED????

TIA!

Springfield couple accused of murdering 4-month-old son granted release

The case will next be presented to a grand jury for possible indictment.

The pair were initially arrested on March 9 on the endangerment charges but were released pending trial. They were re-arrested after the charges were upgraded to murder and were held in jail pending Tuesday’s detention hearing.

During their first appearance last week, the public defender assigned to the case argued the facts of the case were unchanged from March when Brouchause and Herring were first arrested and granted release. The pair are not required to post bail on account of New Jersey’s criminal justice and bail reforms.

Wondering if Brochhausen is spelled with two "h's" or one "h" - ?? I've seen it spelled both ways....

Not finding her in New Jersey court links....

Anyone? Jerseygirl?

Thanks MicheleT. Out of custody, eh? Can't get into vinelink link....

I guess you found nothing on Herring?

TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3