GUILTY WA - Ben Eastman, 16, raped and murdered, Lewis County, 23 Jun 2018

The girl doesn't look good. At all. Couldn't even take a shower before turning herself in? I think I would, considering I wouldn't know when I would be able to take a shower next. She has a little baby. I would like to know the extent of this assitance situation, like, what did she do to help him? Or did she just know and didn't say anything? Not defending her in any way because what was done to that boy was simply horrific.

Shouldn't have covered up the murder of one parent's teen son when nursing her own son...

This is once bunch of nasty, nasty, people. Her boyfriend JA is in part responsible for Brown's arrest because he allegedly admitted to detectives that he told Brown about the murder. Investigators believe both Brown & Mother Kindra had knowledge of the murder almost immediately after it happened, and lied to police when Ben was still thought missing, and again after Ben's body was found (i.e., 2 counts).

Marquez hearing was delayed "until next week" but no date was given in news report announcing he wanted new lawyer and Thursday hearing postponed.

Regarding Kindra Adamson, Prosecutor requested $1mil bail (like the girlfriend) but Mother's lawyer pleaded with court that she had no criminal record, blah, blah, and Judge reduced bail to $100,000. Also allowed Mother to reside in County other than Lewis if/when she's released. Hence my post title: Mother got lucky with Judge Toynbee

To my knowledge, Brown hasn't been arraigned yet so it's possible judge will also reduce her bail. (Brown just turned herself in Weds night on $1MIL warrant for her arrest).

EDIT TO UPDATE: BROWN COURT APPEARANCE AND BAIL REDUCED TO $100,000 - SAME AS MOM KINDRA
SMH.

I must admit that I don't watch this thread anymore, because it is so extremely disturbing to me . I have been here on websleuths since february and have read about so many horrific cases, but somehow this is too much for me. Being friends since early childhood and then being raped and beaten to death....Just too much.

I must admit that I don't watch this thread anymore, because it is so extremely disturbing to me . I have been here on websleuths since february and have read about so many horrific cases, but somehow this is too much for me. Being friends since early childhood and then being raped and beaten to death....Just too much.
Completely understandable.

Case Information

18-1-00498-21 | STATE OF WASHINGTON vs BENITO S MARQUEZ

Case Number
18-1-00498-21

Court
Lewis

File Date
07/02/2018

Case Type
ADL Criminal Adult

Case Status
Active

MARQUEZ UPDATED CASE SHEET: arraignment & trial setting 7/19/18 3pm

Attachments

• Marquez_Benito rv1.pdf
    64 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Case Information

18-1-00530-21 | STATE OF WASHINGTON vs KINDRA ROSE ADAMSON

Case Number
18-1-00530-21

Court
Lewis

File Date
07/11/2018

Araignment & Trial Setting
07/19/2018
Hearing Time 10:30AM

Case Type
ADL Criminal Adult

Case Status
Active

ADAMSON, KINDRA (MOM) UPDATED CASE SHEET: Arraignment and trial setting 7/19/18 10:30AM

Mom had lawyer appointed but still has not made lowered bail. Perhaps the "family" defendant was staying with in Yakima changed mind after arrest...

Attachments

• Adamson_Kindra rv1.pdf
    60 KB · Views: 3
Case Information

18-1-00497-21 | STATE OF WASHINGTON vs JONATHON ROBERT ADAMSON

Case Number
18-1-00497-21

Court
Lewis

File Date
07/02/2018

Case Type
ADL Criminal Adult

Case Status
Active

ADAMSON, JON UPDATED CASE SUMMARY: trial setting 10/11/18 1:00pm

Jonathon's initial arraignment scheduled for 7/12 was moved up a day, and it looks like they used 7/12 to file order for withdrawal of Attorney. (So now Benny & Jon both have new lawyers). Although there was a cap imposed on public defender caseloads (2013), seems nobody wants this case which is perfectly understandable. Justice for Ben.

Attachments

• ADAMSON_JON rv1.pdf
    64 KB · Views: 2
Never mind on Marquez' court date - it's on 7/19 @ 3pm, same as Kindra's.

edited to add: so does Brown - same date.

@Niner - updated the case summaries for 7/19: Kindra arraignment @ 10:30 with Judge O'Rourke, and Brown and Benny arraignments @ 3pm (Lawler).

I've been on WS for several years and I've seen some bad ones -- but somehow this one gives me the creeps, too, so I understand your feelings. Keep your eyes open and watch your WS mail -- you'll find one that you can follow.

We'll look forward to seeing you on another case.

@Niner - updated the case summaries for 7/19: Kindra arraignment @ 10:30 with Judge O'Rourke, and Brown and Benny arraignments @ 3pm (Lawler).

Thanks - I noticed that and changed my list! :)

Where Is Lewis County, Washington?

3088-lewis-county-washington.jpg

Location of Lewis County within the state of Washington

Jury pool?? The population of the two largest towns including county seat (Chehalis) is less than 25,000, and Randle where Ben and the defendants are from is less than 2,000.
See more quick facts for Lewis County, WA at the link:

Lewis County, Washington / Map of Lewis County, WA / Where is Lewis County?

(Seattle located in King County)

Where Is Lewis County, Washington?

3088-lewis-county-washington.jpg

Location of Lewis County within the state of Washington

Jury pool?? The population of the two largest towns including county seat (Chehalis) is less than 25,000, and Randle where Ben and the defendants are from is less than 2,000.
See more quick facts for Lewis County, WA at the link:

Lewis County, Washington / Map of Lewis County, WA / Where is Lewis County?

(Seattle located in King County)

In my opinion it’s going to take a little more time before a jury is selected. I’ve seen jurors from King and Pierce Counties used often. There is one thing we do know;
The Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution establishes the right of a defendant charged with a crime to a trial by an impartial jury.

This case is absolutely disturbing. I have no doubt Ben will get justice.
I just don't understand how you go from being someone's childhood friend to conspiring and committing a murder.

I feel what you describe. Over the years, we’ve all grown used to seeing terrifying, even gruesome, murders. We are all members of different groups here on WS, we see cases of parents abusing and killing their children, children killing their parents, domestic violence abuse and murder. sometimes though, a story comes along that chills us to the bone. When I was 13, growing up in Los Angeles I was literally living in fear because of the Charles Manson murders.

IMO - crime stems from family breakdown. And in this particular case Benny and Jonny’s mother was involved. No matter how big or how small the person who should have guided and directed them, stepped down to the level of her sons who are charged with murder.
When I look at families raising children and teenagers today, I think whew I am thankful I am not in that business anymore.

There absolutely will be Justice for Ben

Last edited:
Death penalty is too good for these idiots.

I can't help but wonder what the motive is...
We do have the death penalty by lethal injection here in Washington. It’s hard to grasp what motive would lead these two boys to kill their childhood friend. With the anger, hostility, the pure hate they had to have felt to commit such violent acts.

Then here’s their mother with the knowledge her boys killed Eastman. She LIES to LE that she believed Eastman was simply using drugs and would likely be home in a few days. Further stating that Eastman “was like a son to her.”
IMO there’s a special kind of evil here.

I read a book years ago, “Children who Kill -A Family Conspiracy?” The book brought out how a parent can covertly encourage murder within a family. Simply by conveying hostile messages.

In some cases we see, we know right away the "why" of the crime, but this one...

Was it just for a lark -- to see if they could kill somebody? A dare? Sexual? As we know, too, motive is not required to show/prove in a trial, but the prosecutors know that motive is a big factor in the mind of the jurors. Why did he/she/they do it? I hope we will find out what their "reason" for this was.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back