Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would apply only to this Commital Hearing.

Assuming this goes to trial, Sarah can be a witness & they could then put these contradictions to her whilst she is in the witness box. Once they have done that, they can then use/point out/talk about these contradictions.

Unless these contradictions were put to Sarah when she was in the witness box and it went unreported, they are out of bounds for this Hearing.

So pleased with your reply.
Well, this Committal Hearing can be a 'trial' run, for the real thing, if it happens.
Great, as can pick up such points.
I guess, they cannot put everything they have in this short time.

BR has presented contradictions in statements.
If he doesn't appear on the witness box, will the different Police Reports, therefore appear as evidence.

So pleased with your reply.
Well, this Committal Hearing can be a 'trial' run, for the real thing, if it happens.
Great, as can pick up such points.
I guess, they cannot put everything they have in this short time.

BR has presented contradictions in statements.
If he doesn't appear on the witness box, will the different Police Reports, therefore appear as evidence.

You’re right that they can’t put everything they have in this short hearing, but given this hearing determines whether Borce faces trial or not & that Sarah’s evidence in the witness box doesn’t aid their case, I would’ve thought that they would’ve taken any opportunity to demonstrate that she is contradicting herself.

Borce’s written statements are evidence that will be admitted, he doesn’t need to appear in the witness box for that. They will be admitted into evidence sans anything deemed inadmissible such as hearsay.

If there are strong contradictions in Borce’s statements that are admitted as evidence, the only way he can address them directly is by taking the stand himself. He would have to weigh up the possible danger of taking the stand, versus the damage done if he doesn’t address those contradictions. Lawyers will only advise taking the stand in these cases if the case is lost otherwise & taking the stand is seen as a desperate hail-Mary shot at mending things.

Ok the actual newspaper article is behind a paywall however someone has copy/pasted onto a Karen discussion page the exert of Sarahs statement .
In short ....
Reveals she arrived home at 6:30pm on 29 June and found her father watching Tv. She asked her father where her mum was and put his hands up as if to say "I don't know." She asked her dad what happened and he said "you know what she's like when she gets into one thing then another and she just continue it" . She said Borce went into the garage for a while to smoke a shisha b/c he didn't want to see her cry.
She tried calling her mum constantly but her phone was switched off.
Gosh sounds like they had a late start to dinner that night at the grandparents .

After reading snippets of SR's statements in court, I don't believe a thing she is saying. The descriptions of her reactions - seems pretty nonchalant, and the attention on small details doesn't sit right with me. It reminded me of an article I read a little while ago;

"A liar may make up things as they go, they may also have a tendency to add excessive detail to better convince themselves or others of what they are saying. They may also embellish with details that a person who is telling the truth wouldn’t think of adding."

https://www.forensicscolleges.com/blog/resources/10-signs-someone-is-lying

The thing about the shapes instead of milk? Maybe I'm reading too much into things but... shrugs..

MOO

Nocookies

“I was still a wreck (the next) morning and went downstairs to have a cup of tea. I saw dad was asleep with a blanket from the cupboard. I think he was waiting for her to get home.”

She said her father said he “didn’t know how long people have to be missing for before we go to the police”.

Ms Ristevski told police she asked her father to check whether her mother had accessed bank accounts, and went through the house on the Thursday trying to work out if anything was missing.

“All her normal toiletries were there including her tooth brush, perfume and her puffer,” she said.

Nocookies

Rosemary Davies told the court she saw a black Mercedes sports car in the Mount Macedon area and noticed it because it was out of place.

“I didn’t think it would be a local because it’s so infrequent that I ever meet a car there,” she said.

'Consistent' fault with fuel gauge of Karen Ristevski's car, court told

One, Rosemary Davies, told the court that she saw a black Mercedes at the intersection of Salisbury and Waterfalls Road in Mount Macedon after 9am on June 26
(??). She said it stuck in her mind because it was so infrequent that she would see a car there.
"I would have seen five cars ever coming out of that intersection," she said.
She said she didn't think the car belonged to a local.
"It was a sports car coupe thing ... and it was really clean and that time of year it should have mud on it," she said.
-.-.-
The other witness, Glenn Golfis, reported seeing a black Mercedes at the intersection of Mount Macedon and Childers Roads around or before 12pm on June 29.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nocookies

She said her father said he “didn’t know how long people have to be missing for before we go to the police”.

It didn't take long for Thomas Meagher to report Jill missing. In my opinion when someone you care about is missing for an unusual time - for them, you would think that you would act upon it straight away. Especially if their phone is switched off.

Forensic mechanic Glen Dower told a hearing to decide whether Mr Ristevski will face trial over his wife's murder that the car's fuel tank was drained three times after being refilled.
"There was a fault with the fuel sending unit, the actual gauge was only showing empty or full," he said.
When asked if the fault was consistent, Mr Dower said it was.

Wondering where exactly in relation to the downstairs office the garage was at Chez Ristevski? Emirates may be able to help?
From memory Oz...... There was a door on the right which was the entry point to the garage .... laundry room ....then office......assuming the room I saw was an office albeit no desk (just mess). Therefore very close to the garage.

What kind of marriage does one have when your significant other goes missing for hours on end and all you do is shrug it off?
They were used to it, it seems. "5 hours" for disappearing because of bad mood was a normal thing - when does the abnormal behavior start?
-.-.-
When asked by defence lawyer David Hallowes if Mr Ristevski sounded surprised she wasn't at the shop already that day, she said: "yes".
She also agreed with the defence counsel's questions that Mrs Ristevski had said Mr Ristevski was caring and that she was lucky to have him.

"They were an ordinary family," she said.

If there was mud in the wheel arches then IMO he didn't wash it in a drive-through car wash as the high pressure could have moved the clumps of mud. If he gave it a quick handwash then maybe he missed the mud.
If he'd washed it in the driveway or at the kerb it's a shame no CCTV cameras picked it up.
I remember commenting how dirty the Merc was when it was either on the truck or being driven around by that hunk of a male specimen.

Mr Dower also gave evidence that there was mud found underneath the car's wheel arches. This could have come from driving for a short distance on a wet unsealed section of road, he said
I wouldn't mind being on a wet unsealed road with that hunk of a male specimen !!!!!!

They were used to it, it seems. "5 hours" for disappearing because of bad mood was a normal thing - when does the abnormal behavior start?
-.-.-
When asked by defence lawyer David Hallowes if Mr Ristevski sounded surprised she wasn't at the shop already that day, she said: "yes".
She also agreed with the defence counsel's questions that Mrs Ristevski had said Mr Ristevski was caring and that she was lucky to have him.

"They were an ordinary family," she said.
Witness testified that KR had said BR was caring and that she was lucky to have him? Is this the same witness that also said, KR told her that BR pisses her off? Well I guess, both could be fair and honest statements--not unusual at all for couples to make similar comments/remarks about their significant other throughout their marriage!

My mind boggles about Sarah. She must have an opinion, thought, suggestion ... who did it if not her dad? Why would all the evidence be stacked against him? Would love to know how Borce explained everything to her and the rest of the family. What did he say to explain the merc sightings, the phone pings, the change of stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998