Identified! TN - Jellico, Big Wheel Gap Rd, WhtFem 9-15, 482UFTN, button necklace, bracelet, shoes, Apr'85 - Tracy Sue Walker

I remember seeing this Jane Doe on Doe Network a long time ago (like in 2004 or so and before NamUs was a website) and thought she could be Cherrie Mahan. I emailed The Doe Network and they said they would look into it, but I never heard back. I am guessing it was not a match because NamUs show that both Cherrie and the Jane Doe have DNA available, but Cherrie isn't listed on the rule out list. Cherrie was 8 when she disappeared in Feb1985 - and the Doe was found in April 1985 -and is listed as being in the 10-14 age frame. - I also doubt this is her because the JD was listed as having partial skeletal bones only - I don't think that if this was Cherrie she would be fully skeletonized in a little over a month time frame. Cherrie Mahan's case has haunted me since I was a little girl. She was a year younger than me and she lived about 45 minutes away from me. It was all over our local news and it has stuck with me every since. I am hoping one day that Cherrie will be found.

Campbell County Jane Doe has been unidentified for 33 years today.

Hey, first post on here. I've been interested in this specific doe after reading about the "Red Head" murders. But, I honestly don't think this girl had any part of that. Just from looking at the location, there's next to a zero chance a trucker took her up there. Then adding in we have no idea if she actually had red hair, and also that this girl was probably a good amount younger than the other victims, I just don't see the connection.

Also, this was on unidentifed wiki "Recent testing indicates the girl was born and lived in Florida or central Texas for the first few years of her life, but later moved elsewhere in the country. Such places have been estimated to be the Midwest, Rocky Mountains, Southwest or Pacific Coast states. She was not likely in Tennessee for long." I had never read that before, is that true? I didn't see that info on doenetwork or NAMus.

Hey, first post on here. I've been interested in this specific doe after reading about the "Red Head" murders. But, I honestly don't think this girl had any part of that. Just from looking at the location, there's next to a zero chance a trucker took her up there. Then adding in we have no idea if she actually had red hair, and also that this girl was probably a good amount younger than the other victims, I just don't see the connection.

Also, this was on unidentifed wiki "Recent testing indicates the girl was born and lived in Florida or central Texas for the first few years of her life, but later moved elsewhere in the country. Such places have been estimated to be the Midwest, Rocky Mountains, Southwest or Pacific Coast states. She was not likely in Tennessee for long." I had never read that before, is that true? I didn't see that info on doenetwork or NAMus.

Welcome to Websleuths, klack330 :welcome4:! The information in question is also confirmed by NCMEC on this UID's page: http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1105475, so it likely is legitimate.

Thanks! Apologies if these sound like dumb questions.

I'm not sure what they mean by garbage disposal site. Was it used by the local community? If so could her remains have been dumped at a different location and taken there by trash dumping?

Has Emma Lorene Vaughn been compared http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vaughn_emma.html? She went missing from Orlando, Florida on July 10, 1982 and is believed to have left willingly (at least initially) as she had a history of running away. She was 14 years old at the time with brown hair and blue eyes, 5'3" tall and 115 pounds, and is described as having extensive dental work. In spite of her young age, she had a child. If no pelvis was recovered with the remains it would be pretty much impossible to determine whether this girl had a prior pregnancy/childbirth. It was rumored that Emma left the local area after a period of time and went to Tennessee with a man, but this was never verified.
Submitted.

If it wasn't for the isotopes, I'd think that terry Rasmussen had something to do with this. Timing:check, age of victim: check, some resemblance to the middle child:check.

Campbell County Jane Doe is featured in a new exhibition hosted by The University of South Florida’s Institute of Forensic Anthropology & Applied Science (IFAAS).
New USF Art Exhibit Aims to Help Solve Cold Case Homicides
Exhibition displays consist of clay busts and drawings, digital compositions, artifacts and information about the crime scenes. Kimmerle, USF graduate students and Sgt. Sergio Soto, a forensic artist with IFAAS, created the reconstructions and exhibit. Their work is part of the ongoing statewide cold case initiative by IFAAS, for which the team conducted a number of forensic methods - such as exhuming Jane and John Doe graves for skeletal analysis, facial and clothing reconstructions, chemical isotope testing of the bones, hair and teeth, as well as DNA testing.
Art of Forensics

Case 7: Campbell County, Tennessee

usf16-031c-facial.jpg

Facial Composite: Erin H. Kimmerle

The unidentified remains of 10 to 14-year-old girl of European (White) ancestry were found in a wooded area. Her skeletal remains were estimated to be on the surface for 2 to 4 years prior to discovery. Personal effects found near her body include a pair of high-top shoes, (women’s size 5 or 6) and a necklace made of plastic buttons. The chemical isotope analysis indicates she was not local to the region, but possibly was born in the Southeast U.S., likely in Florida or Central Texas. She probably lived the last few years of her life in the Midwest or western portion of the U.S.

Date of discovery: April 3, 1985

USF16-031C UT: 85-6
NamUs: UP 1577 NCMEC:1105475

Any information that may assist with this case please contact:
Lee Meadows Jantz, Forensic Anthropology Center, Univ. of TN
(ph.) 865-974-4408 / ljantz@utk.edu

Has Patricia Lynn Taylor been ruled out?

Patricia Lynn Taylor – The Charley Project
I just read on Searching for Patricia Lynn Taylor's FB page that family members DNA was submitted into NamUs and had no hits. I commented about this Jane Doe and they responded that they would think if it were a match they would have had a hit, but they are going to check into it.

What about Michelle Wells? I don’t see her on the list of excluded on Namus.
Michelle Wells – The Charley Project

She went missing from Michigan in 1982 and there’s not much else info.

The one detail that gave me pause was her missing picture; does this necklace look like the button necklace found with the remains?

Attachments

• 1E78D18C-148A-47C2-A36D-D58E06960738.jpeg
    1E78D18C-148A-47C2-A36D-D58E06960738.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 55

The one detail that gave me pause was her missing picture; does this necklace look like the button necklace found with the remains?

IMG_3613.JPG IMG_3612.JPG

Did anyone submit this to the Doe Network? Honestly...I agree with Canteloupe...looks like she is wearing the necklace in the missing photo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back