Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Sarah came home at 6:30pm Borce was watching tele.
* he just put his hand in the air, to indicate I dunno, when she asked where mum was.
* Sarah asked her father "what happened?" Borce replied you know she goes on about one thing than another .....and another
* Sarah said that her father said Karen had left the house without her car, to clear her head.
* They went ahead with the plans for dinner at the grandparents. Mum still not home after dinner.
* Borce headed to the garage to smoke some shisha....and later hugged Sarah and told her it would all be OK. ( Not sure if this was before or after dinner)
* Next day 30th Sarah searched the house for notes that may have been left and to see if Karen had taken her passport. She tried calling her mothers phone but it was switched off.
* She and her father reported Karen missing on the 30th June 2016.

Category: | Herald Sun
Borce Ristevski went to garage for smoke, daughter Sarah’s statement to police reveals

Last edited:
Combining the article above. # 1141 - with this.
To get a fuller picture a Sarah statement.

* Sarah was at first annoyed when she arrive home it would seem. She started crying and told her father "she always does this and doesn't think about other people."
* Grandparents asked where Karen was. Sarah thinks Borce told them Karen was at the shop in their language so as they did not worry.
* The morning of the 30th she was still a wreck. Borce was under a blanket asleep on the lounge.
* Presumably on the 30th Sarah asked Da to check bank accounts and spent at least part of Thursday trying to determine if anything was missing.
* Karens toiletries, toothbrush perfume and puffer were there.
As were her more than 100 hundred pair of shared shoes. (sorry I just added that) it is not in the article.
*No notes found but her passport found downstairs in the dining room cupboard.
* her clothes were out ready for work.
Nocookies
Karen Ristevski murder: daughter Sarah’s frantic search revealed

Last edited:
There is a current member, who changed her kittie photo for a dog.
Hope she admits to this, and apologizes to you.
I think this is 'dobbing', on my part.
She is active here, and may throw a brick at me.
Yep. Van Breda Case knocked us out.
See you back there on Aug 14 for Appeal. Yuk.
Hope we don't go through that again.:eek:

:D @ "dobbing!" But I'm sure nobody would be so unkind as to throw a brick at you.
Yes, I'll be back for the Appeal but think he'd better resign himself to a looong stay in his new correctional facility home.

Patricia Gray’s two statements to police were released on Thursday as part of a hearing at the Melbourne Magistrates Court to decide if Mr Ristevski will face a murder trial over his wife's death.

In her first statement, given two weeks after Mrs Ristevski went missing on June 29, 2016, Ms Gray recounted to police that Mr Ristevski had told her he drove his wife’s car on the day of her disappearance because of a faulty fuel gauge.

She said Mr Ristevski told her he went to two garages to get quotes to fix the fuel gauge. One quote was for $800.
“In my mind I thought that what he was saying would be easily checked out by the police so didn’t give it much thought,” she said.
Ms Gray, 61, said she later asked some of her relatives who had read Mr Ristevski’s statement to police about what he was doing that day and they told her that he had not mentioned visiting the garages.

Karen Ristevski's aunt told police Borce's stories 'flimsy', court told

In her second statement to police given a year later, Ms Gray said Mr Ristevksi later told her she was mistaken about him driving to the garages to get quotes to fix the fuel gauge.
He told her instead that he went to fill up the car with fuel but missed two turn-offs and then went home.
“I accepted his first account about going to the garages for the quotes and [was] relieved because I believed police could verify his movements,” she said.

“But this second account appeared to be flimsy and I found it hard to fathom.”

Ms Gray also told police about the strain on the family that she witnessed after arriving in Melbourne from her home in NSW to help look for Mrs Ristevski two days after she went missing.

Arriving at the Ristevskis' house in Avondale Heights, she said she found 10 people inside with “most of them crying like a wake”.

“Candles were burning and blinds were down,” she said.

Ms Gray told police in her first statement that she took on the role of leader in the search for her missing niece but subsequently told them after her body was found in bushland that Mr Ristevksi had not been helpful.

“I provided as much support as I could for both of [Borce and his daughter Sarah] but I could tell Borce wasn’t assisting police or himself to find Karen which I found frustrating,” she said.

In her second statement to police given a year later, Ms Gray said Mr Ristevksi later told her she was mistaken about him driving to the garages to get quotes to fix the fuel gauge.
He told her instead that he went to fill up the car with fuel but missed two turn-offs and then went home.
“I accepted his first account about going to the garages for the quotes and [was] relieved because I believed police could verify his movements,” she said.

“But this second account appeared to be flimsy and I found it hard to fathom.”

Ms Gray also told police about the strain on the family that she witnessed after arriving in Melbourne from her home in NSW to help look for Mrs Ristevski two days after she went missing.

Arriving at the Ristevskis' house in Avondale Heights, she said she found 10 people inside with “most of them crying like a wake”.

“Candles were burning and blinds were down,” she said.

Wow. Now that's weird. Certainly sounds to me like they didn't think she was alive. Definitely wake actions.

* Aunt P had concerns in regard to her dealings with borce not long after Karen disappeared.
* She could see BR was not assisting police.
* BR first story to her - he had gone to two garages to have the faulty fuel gauge fixed.
* But later he told her that was wrong he had gone to fill the car because Karen did not like doing it.
* He then said he missed the turn off to the garage and decided to go to the store. But he missed that turn as well.
* Aunt P was Ok with the first story but the later seemed flimsy in her opinion.
* Aunt P asked BR to look at his statement just to gain a clearer picture for herself and to confirm there would be no reason police would be looking at him.
* Borce replied to Aunt P's request there is no point - exact time no matter 5 mins here - 20 minutes there ..
* Aunt P attempted to gain a clearer picture as to why Karen just up and walked out. BR said she was angry about the shop taking being down and
was concerned about the kids carousel area out front of shop.
* Aunt P thought it rather dramatic when BR claimed he said to Karen "What do you want me to do" and he claims she closed the doors.
Sarah had told Aunt P a differing story. That Karen had written to the center management about kids licking the store windows.
* Ten people were at the house when Aunt P arrived on the 1st July. They were crying like a wake, candles were burning and blinds drawn.

Karen Ristevski’s aunt said Borce Ristevski wasn’t helping police

Last edited:
Karen's aunt, Patricia Gray, gave a statement to police about her niece's disappearance, saying she found Borce's account of his actions "hard to fathom".

"I could tell Borce wasn't assisting police or himself to find Karen, which I found frustrating," Ms Gray said in her statement to investigators.

Borce had 'flimsy' story after Karen vanished, court told

Strange that the 'only' child didn't ring mum at the store to see if she was OK, or even wondered how she was getting home without her car :oops:

Just enjoyed her dinner out at Nan and Pops :oops:

Very strange.

Nan, Pop, Dad, the boyfriends and his parents and not even a mention of why Mum was not at the planned get together.
When she had happily indicated whilst in her pj's that morning she would be there.
Why no phone call? No text? No concern that evening from you the only daughter?
Not before the mains or after dessert. Why no concern at all?
Why would you allow your father to tell those joining you for dinner that your mother was working back at the shop?
Why would you not call and ask - that she please explain her absence. Ask is she is Ok and going to be able to get there albeit a little late.

I know you would never do this to ME because I am an only child!!!!!!.....Sarah said.
Not do what, to YOU?
Your father organised another employee for the store. Did he not tell you that? Maybe he did.
All just my opinion of course.

Just thought I would revisit this.
Still many questions with few answers.

So were the boyfriends parents at dinner?
Did Karen ever get out of her pj's?
Did Sarah start calling Mum the evening of the 29th or did she wait until the next morning after she had her coffee and searched for notes, toothbrushes, perfume ......passports and had Dad check if Karen had used her bank account?

Just when did Borce ask the neighbours did they have cctv?
Surely not the afternoon of 29th given he just shrugged and said dunno, when Sarah asked where her Mum was at 6:30 pm and he was on the lounge watching tele.

jmo

IT expert Matthew Sorell - Uni of Adelaide lecturer.
* Viewed more than 50 hours of cctv taken at Avondale Heights and Diggers Rest.
* He had confirmed cctv of Borce taken at a fuel station taken months earlier for comparison.
* He concluded it is more likely to be Borce driving than Karen
* The physical features are not a match to Karen.
* The driver had short light colured - grey hair.

IT expert says Borce Ristevski more likely to have been behind the wheel than Karen in CCTV footage

IT expert Matthew Sorell - Uni of Adelaide lecturer.
* Viewed more than 50 hours of cctv taken at Avondale Heights and Diggers Rest.
* He had confirmed cctv of Borce taken at a fuel station taken months earlier for comparison.
* He concluded it is more likely to be Borce driving than Karen
* The physical features are not a match to Karen.
* The driver had short light colured - grey hair.

IT expert says Borce Ristevski more likely to have been behind the wheel than Karen in CCTV footage
One more number. Soon it will be BINGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member